Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 416 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

If you cannot see what people think about their fellow man and the society that has become so selfish then you are part of the problem.

Jack Kennedy said these words as part of his inaugural speech in 1960:-

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man".

Sixty years later and we are as far away from those thoughts as we have ever been.

If you cannot see what people think about their fellow man and the society that has become so selfish then you are part of the problem..

I agree that this is a selfish society ....... but it's not based on class. Toilet rolls wars. Pinching hand gel from hospitals. Inconsiderate parking on car parks. Scamming old people in their own houses. Which ones of these would you put down to "class"?

As for me being "part of the problem", what a nerve you have. You have no idea of what I do...........no, I tell you what, I'll leave it. I;ll put that down to an ill thought out comment that wasn't really meant.

Jack Kennedy said these words as part of his inaugural speech in 1960:-

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man".

Sixty years later and we are as far away from those thoughts as we have ever been.

Another odd link. There are some billionaires who do great good with their money. There are others who wouldn't give anyone the steam off their shit. Likewise, you have the same scenario with folk who might only have a few hundred or a few thousand in the bank. None of that has anything to do with class wars though.

Do you just not like people who have money ?

Why in every reply are you trying to pigeon hole me, I have no problem with people with talent maximising that talent and becoming rich.

I have a major problem with people born into wealth attending schools where it drummed into their psyche that they are born to rule irrespective of having any talent whatsoever.

Why in every reply are you trying to pigeon hole me, I have no problem with people with talent maximising that talent and becoming rich.

I didn't mean to do that. I apologise. I was merely trying to interpret and follow the logic of your posts.

I have a major problem with people born into wealth attending schools where it drummed into their psyche that they are born to rule irrespective of having any talent whatsoever.

And yet, the examples you chose were Richard Branson and Philip Green, neither of whom fit into that category. .......... either upbringing wise, or talent - given their building of business empires (regardless of Green's disgraceful later actions, and Branson being up his own arse).

Ps which billionaires are you talking about that have done good ?

Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, Michael Dell, Ted Turner, Oprah Winfrey, Lord Sainsbury, Tom Hunter, Elton John, .......... down to millionaires and there are loads.

If bill gates is so giving why are the products he sells so expensive and out of date within an hour so you have to buy again.

Please do not get me started on buffet, a man responsible for hundreds of quality job losses in Wigan because of his ambition for world domination, who's business ethos is to take over sack people and merge services to save costs, businesses that were highly profitable before his actions.

Afraid to say it LMB but I sort of side with Moonay on this, especially in the current climate. I said on the other thread that this crisis has brought out both the good n damm right horrible in people.....& it's certainly not just the wealthy. Take a look at the supermarket shelves....no thought or concern for any of our elderly, vulnerable or less well off folk while the ordinary working class person is filling their trolley sky high...oh n by the way bugger all to do with Brexit just greedy inconsiderate human beings.
As to the likes of Branson....words fail me on this parasite.

If bill gates is so giving why his the product he sells so expensive and out of date within an hour so you have to buy again.

Please do not get me started on buffet, a man responsible for hundreds of quality job losses in Wigan because of his ambition for world domination,.

You asked about their philanthropy .......not their pricing policy, their "inbuilt obsolescence", or their strategic world-wide site plan.

If you want to talk about their business dealings, then fine. However, we were talking about the philanthropic tendencies of billionaires.

Oh, and you'll note I apologised for "pigeon holing" you. I must admit, I did expect a similar response for your (completely unjustified) "part of the problem" comment.

If you want to talk about their business dealings, then fine. However, we were talking about the philanthropic tendencies of billionaires.

You do not read what has been posted do you, we were not discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form, I described the cur Branson as the "pin up boy" of british philanthropy and like most of his type their giving is based on wealth gained from unsavoury sources, take Branson some 45 years ago we used to go to the Virgin store in Manchester to buy LP recordings of acts that had been illegally recorded at live concerts.

You do not read what has been posted do you, we were not discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form, I described the cur Branson as the "pin up boy" of british philanthropy and like most of his type their giving is based on wealth gained from unsavoury sources, take Branson some 45 years ago we used to go to the Virgin store in Manchester to buy LP recordings of acts that had been illegally recorded at live concerts.

Eh?

You - Laura Ashley, Carphone warehouse, boom/bust
Me - non brexit factors, businesses strat, grown and go bust
You - Tories right to rule, wanted brexit, abusing working class
Me - Boom only, Cameron in/Corbyn out, Labour voters out
You - some not affected by boom bust, ruling class waging war
Me - no class war in 2020
You - greed & selfishness, PHILIP GREEN, RICHARD BRANSON
Me - toilet rolls, insufficient penalty?, Branson's an arse
You - fellow man, selfish society, Jack Kennedy
Me - not based on class, billionaires good/bad
You - ruling class, & YOU ASK ME which billionaires have done good
Me - I list some
You - make some irrelevant points
Me - I point out the irrelevant points
You - say we aren't discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form and you accuse me of not reading what has been posted.

Well. You've got me there LMB. I have absolutely no comeback, whatsoever. None.

Eh?

You - Laura Ashley, Carphone warehouse, boom/bust
Me - non brexit factors, businesses strat, grown and go bust
You - Tories right to rule, wanted brexit, abusing working class
Me - Boom only, Cameron in/Corbyn out, Labour voters out
You - some not affected by boom bust, ruling class waging war
Me - no class war in 2020
You - greed & selfishness, PHILIP GREEN, RICHARD BRANSON
Me - toilet rolls, insufficient penalty?, Branson's an arse
You - fellow man, selfish society, Jack Kennedy
Me - not based on class, billionaires good/bad
You - ruling class, & YOU ASK ME which billionaires have done good
Me - I list some
You - make some irrelevant points
Me - I point out the irrelevant points
You - say we aren't discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form and you accuse me of not reading what has been posted.

Well. You've got me there LMB. I have absolutely no comeback, whatsoever. None.
Perhaps you can explain to me what all that is about, as I am honestly at a loss.

Perhaps you can explain to me what all that is about, as I am honestly at a loss.

I don't really understand why you're at a loss.

You posted ......."You do not read what has been posted do you, we were not discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form," .......... and I thought, that;s strange. :hmmm:

So, I simply listed the key points from each of our recent posts, quite clearly illustrating how we got the the point of us discussing philanthropists ....... initiated by a question from you.

You brought Green and Branson into the discussion.
You asked me to name some billionaires that have done good (aka "philanthropists")

So. Why are you at a loss? ..........and more to the point, why did you post "we were not discussing philanthropists in any way shape or form," ?

:rolleyes:

I see Michel Barnier has tested positive for CV.

I know it's on the backburner for the time being, but surely Johnson & co will see sense and extend the date for us agreeing the trade deal. Doesn't it have to be effectively all sorted for July in order to get everything in place?

I know that he'll initially play the "hard man", thumping his fist, muttering 3 word phrases, but surely, in the current climate, he's got to see sense.

I see Michel Barnier has tested positive for CV.

I know it's on the backburner for the time being, but surely Johnson & co will see sense and extend the date for us agreeing the trade deal. Doesn't it have to be effectively all sorted for July in order to get everything in place?

I know that he'll initially play the "hard man", thumping his fist, muttering 3 word phrases, but surely, in the current climate, he's got to see sense.

Unprecedented times. The overwhelmingly priority for our government and the EU is dealing with this disaster, everything else is secondary. Given the economic impact and dealing with it going forward a future trade deals is clearly intrinsic to that. I’m not sure there is time to devote to the minutiae of the deal however so either announce a pause on negotiations or if consensus agree an extension until the landscape is clearer. Either way there is no doubt agreeing a deal will be easier for both sides.

Unprecedented times. The overwhelmingly priority for our government and the EU is dealing with this disaster, everything else is secondary. Given the economic impact and dealing with it going forward a future trade deals is clearly intrinsic to that. I’m not sure there is time to devote to the minutiae of the deal however so either announce a pause on negotiations or if consensus agree an extension until the landscape is clearer. Either way there is no doubt agreeing a deal will be easier for both sides.
Absolutely ................... which is exactly what Raab should say.

Just a thought ................ given the (really, rather pathetic) list of excuses (lies) to explain our non participation in the EU ventilator procurement plan, has anyone's (more pertinently, any Brexit supporter's) trust in our Government to tell the truth been eroded even just a little bit by the obvious litany of bollocks?

As I say.........pathetic.