Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 326 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Did I defend May? No I didn’t, she was useless as home sec and then PM.

Sadly there is only one option and party to run the country due to the total unsuitability of the Marxist opposition.
That bloke from Plaid Cymru seems to be the best
Lucky we are not voting for the leaders but our local representative

I actually, honestly disagree. Purely based on Johnson's track record, he has already demonstrated himself to be a risk..........as evidenced in his role as Foreign Sec.
Ask him about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe and the diplomacy from johnson got her released while he was in SENIOR government.

Oops I forgot she is still there.

Hope you don't get a knock on the door when Jezza is PM.
;)

A mere three weeks after the Brighton bombing he and Livingstone invited Gerry Adams, two convicted Ira volunteers and two Sinn Fein members to Westminster. He later denied meeting with the ira on other occasions, though Diane said he had.

A mere three weeks after the Brighton bombing he and Livingstone invited Gerry Adams, two convicted Ira volunteers and two Sinn Fein members to Westminster. He later denied meeting with the ira on other occasions, though Diane said he had.
Adams and "two Sinn Fein" members" aren't the IRA. The government would also have been discussing and negotiating with them ............ unless the timing is your only issue here.

You clearly are. Hislop says that there have been a number of cases. You said it rarely happens. If it happens more than once, that's too many for the possibility of a death penalty.

I’m guessing he didn’t say when. Given the evidence that can be obtained these days, extremely unlikely.

Anyone been inside a prison recently?
I have, a real one, full airport security, no gum, no business cards, no computer, no phone, less than £50 on you, no USB stick, clear casing on your pen.
Not really a very pleasant place to be even if you know that you hope to be there for a morning, and hope they do not go into lock down
I got the impression that rehabilitation and education were severely limited by budgetary controls = there was limited funding

Exactly, so why are you disagreeing with what Johnson is saying about early release.
I didn't disagree with longer sentences ......................... merely that
a) he was making political capital out of this and
b) pointing out that it was reactionary to this incident....... and that he's an arse for doing it.

But, you knew that .......or at least, you should have if you'd read my posts properly.

You obvs have still not watched The Troubles - Adams was much more than you satate
You should follow my advice

Adams and "two Sinn Fein" members" aren't the IRA. The government would also have been discussing and negotiating with them ............ unless the timing is your only issue here.

Don’t recall saying they were. Not people at that time you want to be meeting with. He invited Adams back in 96 for a bloody press conference in the HoC to promote his book until Blair and Mowlam intervened. Are you suggesting these events didn’t occur?

Don’t recall saying they were. Not people at that time you want to be meeting with. He invited Adams back in 96 for a bloody press conference in the HoC to promote his book until Blair and Mowlam intervened. Are you suggesting these events didn’t occur?
No .......... are you suggesting that they didn't speak with the LAbour and Tory governments?

I didn't disagree with longer sentences ......................... merely that
a) he was making political capital out of this and
b) pointing out that it was reactionary to this incident....... and that he's an arse for doing it.

But, you knew that .......or at least, you should have if you'd read my posts properly.

Given the importance of the matter it’s only right their positions are known whilst an election is ongoing. Reactionary perhaps, but not all matters can be brought up during an election as the message doesn’t get through. This is topical so only right it’s discussed.