Brexit and all that shite .... | Page 328 | Vital Football

Brexit and all that shite ....

Fair enough. What was he protesting about?

You realise that we've diverged massively from who the Security forces might not consider "fit and proper". Johnson is still an embarrassment.

Unsure, article just said weak evidence - but given it was an ongoing trial I don’t think that’s acceptable behaviour, certainly not from a politician and certainly not from one wanting to run the country.

You think Johnson is an embarrassment then fair enough it’s your opinion, but it’s also mine that I know who I trust more to keep the country safe.

Oh, I don't know ........ Priti Patel would be up for it.

A bit like privatising the NHS, it won’t happen.

On a serious note this was an awful incident on Friday and despite a predominately respectful discussion by us all I’m sure we’d all agree that our sympathies are with the victims and families.

Unsure, article just said weak evidence - but given it was an ongoing trial I don’t think that’s acceptable behaviour, certainly not from a politician and certainly not from one wanting to run the country.

(Can't believe I'm defending him !!!!!) ...... Ah, but back then, he wasn't wanting to run the country ........... Just like Johnson wasn't when he wrote those things as a journalist, or got sacked for lying .....twice ..... or when he offered to help Guppy get someone done over, or, when he used to have the piss taken out of him on HIGNFY, or hell, we could go on all night.

......You think Johnson is an embarrassment then fair enough it’s your opinion, but it’s also mine that I know who I trust more to keep the country safe.

Absolutely ......... but what do MI6 think? Well, we already know what they think about Boris, and they agree with me !
;)

.........On a serious note this was an awful incident on Friday and despite a predominately respectful discussion by us all I’m sure we’d all agree that our sympathies are with the victims and families.

Absolutely.

PS ....... predominantly
;)

(Can't believe I'm defending him !!!!!) ...... Ah, but back then, he wasn't wanting to run the country ........... Just like Johnson wasn't when he wrote those things as a journalist, or got sacked for lying .....twice ..... or when he offered to help Guppy get someone done over, or, when he used to have the piss taken out of him on HIGNFY, or hell, we could go on all night.

Absolutely ......... but what do MI6 think? Well, we already know what they think about Boris, and they agree with me !
;)

Maybe we should ask MI5. According to the article I just read they opened a temporary file to monitor corbyns links with the ira in the early 90s.

Admittedly he wasn’t running at the time, but it places a ruddy great big question mark over his suitability to run the country. You just don’t behave like that as an MP, it’s just not an acceptable way to behave.

Hope you don't get a knock on the door when Jezza is PM.
;)

Regarding knocks on the door....not had one from anybody. Does nobody want my vote ? ( not sure about the grammar of that last bit but I sense moonay hovering above the keyboard like some pedantic shitehawk will let me know ).

Maybe we should ask MI5. According to the article I just read they opened a temporary file to monitor corbyns links with the ira in the early 90s.......

I've no doubt they did.

The reason I've only mentioned MI6 re Johnson, is that his foreign dealings have obviously given him exposure already.

Be interesting to see this Russian stuff when it finally comes out.

......Admittedly he wasn’t running at the time, but it places a ruddy great big question mark over his suitability to run the country. You just don’t behave like that as an MP, it’s just not an acceptable way to behave.

....... and yet you're fine with a journalists old articles being swept under the carpet?

Also - and I admit this is a low blow - how can it be out of bounds to ask how many children a PM has !

👍

Ever get the feeling that despite 300 odd pages on this thread no one has changed their view on Brexit, their political stance, their view on our political leaders, or who they are going to vote for?

It does prove one thing though...........that folk can disagree (at times, vehemently), without resorting to insults, or calling each other names.
:cheers:

Regarding knocks on the door....not had one from anybody. Does nobody want my vote ? ( not sure about the grammar of that last bit but I sense moonay hovering above the keyboard like some pedantic shitehawk will let me know ).
Oooh. Bitch !

It should have been "doesn't anybody".
:innocent:

Oooh. Bitch !

It should have been "doesn't anybody".
:innocent:

I do hope the Labour party are not taking my vote for granted because they ain't getting it. The Brexit or Tory party haven't bothered either although the latter will get it. And I'm particularly peeved the Lib Dems couldn't be arsed as I was dying to tell them to F***K OFF.

It does prove one thing though...........that folk can disagree (at times, vehemently), without resorting to insults, or calling each other names.
:cheers:

One thing that saddens me in a way is that when this whole business is done and dusted ( whatever that means ) I know folk like moonay, Miw, myself and some others will carry on regardless with respect for one another. Whereas certain ones will never be forgiven for insults delivered because it will not be forgotten.

...........Whereas certain ones will never be forgiven for insults delivered because it will not be forgotten.
Nah. Not the attitude. You're quite entitled to not forget, but that's no reason to not forgive.

Otherwise, what are we? Kids? Fundmentalists? Someone who got beat to a parking spot in a car park?

I've no doubt they did.

The reason I've only mentioned MI6 re Johnson, is that his foreign dealings have obviously given him exposure already.

Be interesting to see this Russian stuff when it finally comes out.

....... and yet you're fine with a journalists old articles being swept under the carpet?

Also - and I admit this is a low blow - how can it be out of bounds to ask how many children a PM has !

He was an MP when locked up. Johnson’s journalism career was predominantly (have I spelt that right?!) pre political career.

Maybe he’s just protecting his kids from nutters? Accepts he gets grief but doesn’t deem it acceptable for his children. We are all decent folk on here, despite our disagreements, yet are opinionated and like to argue our point of view. However there are plenty of lunatics out there, of whatever political persuasion, who would happily go way beyond arguing.

One thing that saddens me in a way is that when this whole business is done and dusted ( whatever that means ) I know folk like moonay, Miw, myself and some others will carry on regardless with respect for one another. Whereas certain ones will never be forgiven for insults delivered because it will not be forgotten.

You can’t take conversing on here too seriously. There’s only about, say ten, that contribute to this thread and likely read it. We all argue like cat and dog and yes insults, accusations get thrown and assumptions made, but it would be pretty sad if people took em literally, to heart and held grudges. Not good for ones mental wellbeing in my opinion.

.........Maybe he’s just protecting his kids from nutters? .......

I know that you're finding ways to defend him, but this is competing with your earlier post to be the worst one you've put up on here.

Surely, even you don't believe this.

PS ....yes. Well done.
;)