Brentford home | Page 6 | Vital Football

Brentford home

A very frustrating game with Brentford & their shithousery antics taking centre stage. We let them virtually walk it out of their own half up until the last 15/20 mins where I thought we started pressing them & forcing them into long ball game. Did the hospitality thing yesterday & have to say it's awful sat in the west stand where it's totally devoid of any atmosphere & your looked at strangely if you use any form of emotion or god forbid use 'industrial langue'!!! Plus point was at the end of the match in Rigalettos we had a really good chat with Darren Royle who was very candid in his replies to all of our questions, concerns & whinges....top marks to him.

A very frustrating game with Brentford & their shithousery antics taking centre stage. We let them virtually walk it out of their own half up until the last 15/20 mins where I thought we started pressing them & forcing them into long ball game. Did the hospitality thing yesterday & have to say it's awful sat in the west stand where it's totally devoid of any atmosphere & your looked at strangely if you use any form of emotion or god forbid use 'industrial langue'!!! Plus point was at the end of the match in Rigalettos we had a really good chat with Darren Royle who was very candid in his replies to all of our questions, concerns & whinges....top marks to him.
Wah he serving the mains in rigalettos Jock ??
Be good if you share the detail though (as long as you have evidence it happened inc pics ?)

Wah he serving the mains in rigalettos Jock ??
Be good if you share the detail though (as long as you have evidence it happened inc pics ?)

Erm Hampton , he was doing the washing up & just came up to us whilst drying up some dishes!!!!!. Sadly no photo evidence but what he did say was very interesting. He said that IEC have given them a free reign on how things are run & have budgeted to lose the maximum amount (£13m) allowed by FFP for the next 3 years. He went on to say that the clubs aim is to mirror Brentfords set up of youth development whilst saying he was thoroughly disappointed in their play acting during the game. He also touched on transfer targets on the last window saying that they had put in several decent bids for players (no names given) but were turned down. He got that lots of fans were annoyed at the Will G late deal but it was too good an offer to turn down. As i said he took all the questions / moans in his stride , didn't try to dodge them. he def came across as a really nice bloke & his parting words were that IEC see us a potential Prem league side at some point then offered to buy us a drink but sadly our mini bus was due.

so how many points do you think will keep us up

Ipswich & Bolton are gone.
Rotherham will not win more than two more games than us gong off form / fixtures.

We could finish below Millwall & Reading , the club will see that as mission accomplished if we survive but I will be disappointed.
Just enjoy the rest of the season and then start worrying again in August.

?
Erm...... haven't you been Cook's biggest critic of playing players out of position? So, now, you want Cook to move a 19 year old right back, who admittedly has been playing excellently in (defensive) midfield out to the right wing...... and judging by your other comments, you want him to hug that wing too. ?

You sometimes try too hard to find fault.
I don't try to find fault at all. It was glaringly obvious we needed width and urgency going forward yesterday. Yes play players in position at all times if we can. Not doing as cost us a few points this season. What I was saying about the James boy is if we are going to waste his talents playing him out of position then try him further up on the right. Alternatively play him as a wing back as we drastically miss him there as he is head and shoulders better than Byrne.
I would have liked to have seen Massey or someone else hugging the wing but this doesn't seem to be the tactic anymore. A tad too positive maybe. Wouldn't fit with our boring boring Wigan image Cook is creating.

who was alleged to be offside for the goal that was disallowed ?

Think it was Garner - all day on set pieces we were doing that trick where we stood offside then dart onside at the last minute in an attempt to make us hard to mark I guess we got it wrong that time as to be fair the linesman had his flag up before the ball even reached Garner so it was as early as you can flag.

Think it was Garner - all day on set pieces we were doing that trick where we stood offside then dart onside at the last minute in an attempt to make us hard to mark I guess we got it wrong that time as to be fair the linesman had his flag up before the ball even reached Garner so it was as early as you can flag.
To be fair that same linesman totally missed seeing that Massey was yards offside when he should have scored so was not entirely reliable!

It was Pilkington who was offside. He headed in Garners flick on. From where I was sat in ES3 it looked like the ball was going in anyway and no need for Pilkington to touch it.

It was Pilkington who was offside. He headed in Garners flick on. From where I was sat in ES3 it looked like the ball was going in anyway and no need for Pilkington to touch it.
Was Pilkington on the pitch and if so surely he wasnt that far forward to be offside?

Taking off a forward for a forward is not playing for a draw, taking off a forward for a midfielder would be! I had a different seat today to take a friend! You don't sit in P 100 West stand do you?

You couldn't have been any closer. He actually sits in P101. His grandson sits in P100. Well I think it's his grandson.

To be fair that same linesman totally missed seeing that Massey was yards offside when he should have scored so was not entirely reliable!

I thought that live too, but I've watched the hightlights back and he was definetely onside and it was just a perfectly timed run. Linesman got that one spot on.

The flag was up before Garner headed it so it wasn't Pilkington who got flagged for his tap in. Even if he hadn't touched it the offside had been given.

Erm........ I don't think you've answered the question there John.

The question was "why" will we need 44 points.

You've just stated we need 44 points again, that's all.