Brentford home | Page 5 | Vital Football

Brentford home

Let's just say we went all out attack against these men today how many on here would have come on here after a defeat say 1-2 and shouted for cooks head Brentford are a good footballing team gobshiets for the diving every two minutes but if we had gone for their throats we would have lost in my opinion at the end of the day another point towards survival and RU have two games to make up on us now as long as we equal them in points achieved at the end of the season we stay up simples mission accomplished
The fact we are relying on a team who finished 19pts below us in league 1 last year to be worse to than us stay up speaks volumes as to how far backwards we have gone this season.

Taking off a forward for a forward is not playing for a draw, taking off a forward for a midfielder would be! I had a different seat today to take a friend! You don't sit in P 100 West stand do you?[/QUOT
Taking off a forward for a forward is not playing for a draw, taking off a forward for a midfielder would be! I had a different seat today to take a friend! You don't sit in P 100 West stand do you?
Taking anyone off to put Keon Clark on is a bad decision full stop.
correct

Let's just say we went all out attack against these men today how many on here would have come on here after a defeat say 1-2 and shouted for cooks head Brentford are a good footballing team gobshiets for the diving every two minutes but if we had gone for their throats we would have lost in my opinion at the end of the day another point towards survival and RU have two games to make up on us now as long as we equal them in points achieved at the end of the season we stay up simples mission accomplished
Call for Cooks head? He should have gone weeks ago.

Taking off a forward for a forward is not playing for a draw, taking off a forward for a midfielder would be! I had a different seat today to take a friend! You don't sit in P 100 West stand do you?
Leave the forward on rather than hoof it up to a donkey would make sense. Taking the hapless Massey off and moving James into that position may have helped but the way Cook approached this game it may not have made much difference as Jacobs/Pilkington and Massey didn't exactly play as proper wingers.
3 shots on target at home stinks of a negative performance.

Leave the forward on rather than hoof it up to a donkey would make sense. Taking the hapless Massey off and moving James into that position may have helped but the way Cook approached this game it may not have made much difference as Jacobs/Pilkington and Massey didn't exactly play as proper wingers.
3 shots on target at home stinks of a negative performance.

And that was arguably our easiest game, of the remaining games. 2 points dropped, in my opinion. Not sure where we will pick up many points from.

They played better football but we had better chances. Its frustrating to watch us though as we’re so predictable and you can see where the ball is going next. They carved us open a few times with some good passing and movement, particularly forward passes along the floor into midfield or to the attackers feet. Why do we never do that?

It looks like it could go down to the wire. This time next week even Bolton could be just 5 points behind us if they beat Ipswich at home and we lose.
This is spot on. The only way we can open a team up to create a chance is if Powell comes up with something on his own, which he did today but Massey miss the chance.

I put it down to two reasons. Firstly the attacking players just aren’t good enough to do it. With respect to likes of Jacobs and Massey, they’ll never be top end Championship players who can play that sort of fast one touch football, the difference in quality between those two and Watkins/Benrahma was clear to see. It does make you think how well Powell could do in a better team with better players around him.

Secondly the manager isn’t a good enough coach to implement it and teach the players.
We know what Paul Cook is good at coaching wise, he sets the team up knowing exactly what each of their roles are and what to do without the ball. We’re very good at the basics and solid defensively without Kipre, but when it comes to more advanced stuff like fast one touch football, movement off the ball, he can’t seem to teach the players how to do it. It’s either pump the ball in the box from wide, or give it Powell and hope he does something.

Lets call a spade a spade the opposition were better than us in passing fitness and experiance at this level we however created the better chances had a goal disalowed hit the bar and keeper made a couple of good saves Walton on thther hand had one decent shot to save .

IMO it's Brentford we need to get up to in the next level of this league next season I believe we are capable of doing so .

The only way we are going to improve is to sign better quality players and that's in the hands of the owners. Many of the current squad were great last season in League 1, but the Championship is a big step up. Brentford are a good footballing team and the number of fouls we commited on Maupay early in the match demonstrated the awareness we had of his goal threat. A point gained and if Massey had more composure it would have been all three. Morsy my MOM closely followed by Fox.

......... Taking the hapless Massey off and moving James into that position..........

?
Erm...... haven't you been Cook's biggest critic of playing players out of position? So, now, you want Cook to move a 19 year old right back, who admittedly has been playing excellently in (defensive) midfield out to the right wing...... and judging by your other comments, you want him to hug that wing too. ?

You sometimes try too hard to find fault.

Will 40 points keep us up i think it will take 44 points to have any chance

Explain why we will need 44 pts to have any chance?
Is it still Rotherham that you think will finish above us with their 3 wins you previously predicted?
Have you looked at the current form table.

It's not really though, is it. A must win? Granted, it's game that we can win, and being at home, we'd like to win it, but it's more than likely that we could draw, and still increase the gap between us and relegation.

and guess what happened....

I thought we were the better side but there wasn't much between the sides.
Brentford produced most of the passing in their own half but a sloppy pass or interception meant they didn't create a single clear cut chance all game, their best effort was Robinsons misplaced pass landing to Maupay just outside the box forcing Walton into his only save of the match.

Contrast that to Masseys one on one, Dunkleys header tipped round the post, Dunkley hitting the cross bar and the disallowed goal (was it offside) we created all the clear chances and that is what a game is judged on, creating and ultimately scoring, not how many passes defenders do to each other.

As has been mentioned, Brentfords diving and play acting was embarrassing, they're getting a reputation for it, remember Watkins dive in the FA Cup against Barnet? They kept clutching their heads and falling to the floor whenever no one was even near them, it was very strange. A very cynical team as well with their fouls. Not sure what their manager is going on about, maybe he meant his own team was dirty and it got lost in translation.....

Explain why we will need 44 pts to have any chance?
Is it still Rotherham that you think will finish above us with their 3 wins you previously predicted?
Have you looked at the current form table.
so how many points do you think will keep us up