Brentford home | Page 4 | Vital Football

Brentford home

I'm afraid that game was ruined by a disgraceful bout of acting by the Brentford players aided by a clown of a referee that either couldn't or wouldn't realise what they were up to, thay did it all the game totally stopping us from gaining any rhythm or cohesion! Yet despite this we had the better chances! Looking at other games you have to wonder what their result has done for Rotherhams confidence!!

Having watched that game it seems to be de riguer to lie down, have a snooze, pat the floor and put your hand in the air. I'm on the Virgin home and lieing in the aisle.

What was an ok game was spoilt by that poor tactic, and not helped by the ref who didn't simply say "that's enough folks". Poor reffing and poor tactics spoilt what could have been much better.

Shame we missed some great chances, but 1 point is better than none.

I had a good afternoon. Hope you did.

Nathan, Fox in the box, NickyP, Massey Reece ........ all had good games.

Agree with Greeny, we were the better side and had the better chances today(Massey's miss, Dunks forcing a save from their keeper at the corner and Clarke hitting the crossbar are examples of this). Another day and we would have won that today. Just a case of bad luck.

Play like that today and there is a strong chance we get a good 8/9 points out of games like Hull away, Preston at home, Birmingham away and Millwall at home. Even a point v Bristol City away might not be a farfetched dream if we replicate that performance today.

Happy to see Pilkington back fit and he showed us some good things when he came on. MOTM for me hough was Fox, solid as a rock in defence and marshalled our back line brilliantly.

Obvs a win would have been preferable today but crucially it was a better performance than those in Feb and replicate that from now till end of season and we have enough to survive. 6 more points should be enough as i cannot see Rotherham getting 10 points from their remaining games as their run in looks tough.
were are 6 more points coming from

Came away thankful for the point, rather than frustrated we didn't get an extra two even though it's two points we needed given what we've got coming up.

Typical lethargic display by us after an international break. Sat too deep and we were ineffective as an attacking threat today. The one exception was Powells run which Massey fluffed. Can't say they created much and difficult to argue with a point a piece. Fox looked decent in the back line and nice to see him complete the 90. I thought Morsy did well and was disciplined in midfield. Toss up between them two for motm.

It was a 'bitty' game as I said it would be the other day. Their play antics were pathetic and yet highly predictable unfortunately. As we saw with villa it stems from dean smith, though as professionals you think they would be embarrassed.

Brentford were the better team but we had the better chances, although Dunkley saved us twice in that first half, thought him and Morsy were very good. We look good defensively although it’s easy to when we have 10 inside our own half and the ball keeps coming back to us. That’s down to Cook’s negativity though not the players, needed the fans to barrack them into breaking out from their shape and close the Brentford players down in that second half.

Brilliant from Powell to set Massey up, he had to score that!

Same tactics yet again from cook..... Takes a forward off and put another on why not try and win a game for once ........ 2 points lost ..... Def go to the last game now

Cook saw Rotherham were getting battered at half time so decided to park the bus when the three points were there for the taking.
Bloody rubbish Cook.

For once I was disappointed with Reece James, strong on the ball but far too often passed to one of those revolting brown shirts (wtf Oswald Moseley Ladies team?) that kept falling over whilst suffering a ‘near death experience’....(we can’t say “Pansies” anymore can we ?)

They were definitely better on the ball but it is fair to say we had the best chances.
Delighted Millwall got a late sickener.... when they were winning in the last 20 mins I was fretting somewhat.
Bristol City away next week suddenly looks even tougher , this is likely going down to the wire but I think we’ll be OK ........Just !

Brentford passed it around really well and their movement was excellent. In front of goal though, they caused few threats. Most of all, they were a bunch of shits.

We had some decent chances, but in much of our play, we were too careless with the ball. The deep 4-4-2 later on seemed way too cautious.

A point further from the drop zone, but it could have been more.

I'm afraid that game was ruined by a disgraceful bout of acting by the Brentford players aided by a clown of a referee that either couldn't or wouldn't realise what they were up to, thay did it all the game totally stopping us from gaining any rhythm or cohesion! Yet despite this we had the better chances! Looking at other games you have to wonder what their result has done for Rotherhams confidence!!
The same as Bolton's performance at Wigan had on their performance today.

Brentford passed it around really well and their movement was excellent. In front of goal though, they caused few threats. Most of all, they were a bunch of shits.

We had some decent chances, but in much of our play, we were too careless with the ball. The deep 4-4-2 later on seemed way too cautious.

A point further from the drop zone, but it could have been more.
It could have been more if we had used the wings or given Garner some decent service. Massey, Jacobs and Powell did next to nowt and why are we wasting James deep in midfield.
Over all that was a poor attacking performance from us today verging on the negative. Nobody in midfield to either play a decent through ball or take on opposition players. Morsy??? how overated is this cart horse negative player?
Two points dropped and a boring performance producing just three shots on target in 90 minutes. Normal service resumed back at New Springfield.

They played better football but we had better chances. Its frustrating to watch us though as we’re so predictable and you can see where the ball is going next. They carved us open a few times with some good passing and movement, particularly forward passes along the floor into midfield or to the attackers feet. Why do we never do that?

It looks like it could go down to the wire. This time next week even Bolton could be just 5 points behind us if they beat Ipswich at home and we lose.

A hard won point against a better football team. This is looking more and more likely to go down to the last game of the season against Milwall., whether we survive in the Championship.

Today was far from a faultless display but overall i think our lads gave us what they had and that's all i ask and too often this season that hasn't been the case. A few players did well (Dunkley and Fox) a few were decent (Morsy and Garner) and a few off the boil (Jacobs and Powell) but everyone put in a shift and generally got stuck in.

Very frustrated we didn't win but we also could've lost as Brentford were generally very composed and had excellent pace and movement. The way they so quickly carried the ball from keeper into our half was very impressive and something we should be studying and attempting to replicate. They weren't half cheats though!

Couple of points i thought our defending throw ins was better than usual which was long over due.

Why do we bother bring Clarke on he just wont bother battling or chasing the ball. Utter garbage id sooner have us bring Windass on who wont let you down for effort or running rather than have him at the back of the stand. A tired Garner offers more than a fresh Clarke.

Why wont we give Macca more than 4 mins when Massey had ran out of gas 20 mins earlier and when he did come on why did he keep wondering off from the right touchline where we needed him?

Also does anyone else wonder if we maybe have a team that simply isnt as fit as most opposition. We seem to run out of gas in the middle of the second half and we struggle to press as well as we did earlier in games. Would be very interesting to see if there were any stats that show how much ground we cover compared to other teams.

Overall it's disappointing to only take a point but the lads turned in a decent performance and give it a go which is all i ask and too often this season we haven't done enough of that.

Last edited:
Let's just say we went all out attack against these men today how many on here would have come on here after a defeat say 1-2 and shouted for cooks head Brentford are a good footballing team gobshiets for the diving every two minutes but if we had gone for their throats we would have lost in my opinion at the end of the day another point towards survival and RU have two games to make up on us now as long as we equal them in points achieved at the end of the season we stay up simples mission accomplished

I would imagine the same place the other 41 have come from. Hardwork and a bit of luck

Agreed. I’ve given up on trying to predict how well we’ll do based on the calibre of team we’re playing. Who’d have thought we’d play so well against Vila, Brom and Bristol, yet so badly against Ipswich and Millwall? I just hope we can pull off an upset in the coming weeks.

Don't know what game you watch but it is a different game to most people, we didnt in anyway play for a point, and for the last twenty minutes we're the best attacking impetus we had, strangely the period you say we gave up attacking!
What ever you say took a goal scorer of when you need to win a game Your right he realy went for it The bloke is clueless i cant see were we will win another game