Brad’s interview | Page 2 | Vital Football

Brad’s interview

Don’t think there’s any question we missed out on countless players because of this.
At least one agent refused to do business with him, because of his approach to negotiations, before we stopped paying agents' fees (which I also agree with).

Think and hope it’s natural progression that Joe will step in the shoes of PS and sort contracts etc and not what some people are suggesting be the football side in terms of him looking for players, which is laughable and bloody hope is not true. Just don’t get the negativity around Hess and Kenny. For years we had nothing and a year and a bit down the line, people complain about the recruitment. We literally built from nothing and fear that Brad will pull the plug on building from the base up, including the youngsters we have brought in and ditch the second team (I get they need to be in a league, but this is something that needs time ) or the ambitions of that and purely invest in first team.
Would like to hear the full interview.
Also I love Brad and Shannon but I am not a fan of the podcast gang of many, which I get they promote the club and are free advertising, but fear they listen to these characters too much and those on Twitter too much and for me some decisions are made too keep them on side and they are not the majority.

Would anyone care to say what interview this is with Brad and where you can hear it?

Bloc pictures said on Twitter that there would be parts played on local radio over this weekend. Some snippets of it were printed on Twitter.

Agree with everything @Lovelovell said. Brad and Shannon also seem to spend time answering the moaning coming (mainly) from the fans site. Currently all about PS and SC. They need to realise who those fans are and just ignore them.

There are plenty of Gills fans that do have concerns in that area, and fair enough. But no need to answer to the known trolls. TBF, Fred has popped up on a lot of GillsFC social media posts recently moaning about everything and demanding “answers”. He has been ignored thankfully. Long may that continue.

I hope B & S don't waste any more time trying to pasify the trolls as Mr Comper will require assistance from Mr Scally for some time before he takes over the crucial role of contract negotiations. They will find something else to moan about when he is gone.
They all should all be concentrating on the removal of the scaffolding and refubishment of the Gillingham end safe standing area as this is vital for the progress of the club. I have renewed my season ticket in the hope that the cronic overcrowding in the Gordon Road in the bigger matches will be overcome next season.

I hope B & S don't waste any more time trying to pasify the trolls as Mr Comper will require assistance from Mr Scally for some time before he takes over the crucial role of contract negotiations. They will find something else to moan about when he is gone.
They all should all be concentrating on the removal of the scaffolding and refubishment of the Gillingham end safe standing area as this is vital for the progress of the club. I have renewed my season ticket in the hope that the cronic overcrowding in the Gordon Road in the bigger matches will be overcome next season.
It probably won’t be too long before the hate mob turn on Brad and Shannon if they ignore them. They seem to think that they are important, demanding this and that.
Is that Perry character still banned from Priestfield?

Is that Perry character still banned from Priestfield?

He’s not been banned from Priestfield for a long time.

Came to a couple of games since the Galinsons took over but his ‘boycott’ remains in place all the while Scally is still involved with the club.

I guess when your whole persona is built around criticising those in charge, you have to be ever more imaginative when those in charge are clearly decent people and doing good things.

Naturally, Fred feels all staff in a position of power at the club are doing a terrible job.

From what i`ve read so far I`m encouraged by the professionalism and insight of the Gallinsons.

The way I read it is that SC came to the Club on a mutually agreed way forward, that would see us play more exciting football, producing more wide play and more crosses leading to more goals.

In part, that has been achieved. The one glaring missing key ingredient is converting that style into goals, predominantly due to a lack of sufficient quality up front.

The Gallinsons admit it`s been a steep learning curve. Their recent re-structuring of the Club, with a clear transfer of responsibility for all ON-field matters (to Joe Comper), suggests to me dissatisfaction with important elements of recruitment. Perhaps, maybe not everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet ! The omission of any reference (so far) to Andy H may also suggest something ominous. My guess would be that we`ll see substantial changes in the make-up of player recruitment before the next window.

All in all, the need to smooth matters, including recruitment, has been recognised in fairly short time, by new owners who are also new to the sport. Brad and Shannon could easily have sat over in the U.S. and let matters take their own course. But, they appear to have made it their business (rightly so) to get to the heart of any issue/s that adversely affect the Club and have taken action. Appointing Joe Comper now clears up any ambiguity around how company hierarchy is structured and sends a positive message - both within and outside of GFC.

I believe we are very lucky to have the Gallinsons at the helm. We`re in good hands. UTG

I’ll start by saying that I think the Gallinsons are a perfect fit for the club. However, and there is a but, we do seem to be in a bit of a honeymoon period. Firstly there seems to be a conception that we only started signing decent players after the Gallinsons came. That mostly seems to be based on their first January transfer window and there’s no doubt at all that those signings got us out of a very deep hole indeed. But it wasn’t that long ago that we were signing players of the calibre of Kyle Dempsey and Jordan Graham. However, I’m still a bit concerned that there is a growing gap between some of the bold statements at the start and where we are now.

I can remember talking about the need to do something about the BMS. That’s now gone so far back as to be only to be considered if we get back to the Championship. There was the big screen that’s disappeared without trace. Even something as simple as TVs in the Medway Stand is “Well we’ve got the TVs but haven’t got around to the cabling”. Both the Summer and January transfer windows have been a bit underwhelming given the noises that came out before. There are of course major pluses like the big boost to the commercial side and the revamped shop. But even on the shop, of course it’s a benefit but it’s led to the closure of the matchday shop on the Gordon Road side of the ground. The food offer is a bit improved but still isn’t back to when it was at its best under Scally. The overall matchday experience is much the same if, like me, you just turn up at the ground to watch a game of football. If you’re a Factory patron, it probably has improved a lot.

I think what I’m saying is that the PR is clearly much improved but the delivery is still a bit patchy. I’m not sure how long the PR will work unless the delivery clearly improves.

I’ll start by saying that I think the Gallinsons are a perfect fit for the club. However, and there is a but, we do seem to be in a bit of a honeymoon period. Firstly there seems to be a conception that we only started signing decent players after the Gallinsons came. That mostly seems to be based on their first January transfer window and there’s no doubt at all that those signings got us out of a very deep hole indeed. But it wasn’t that long ago that we were signing players of the calibre of Kyle Dempsey and Jordan Graham. However, I’m still a bit concerned that there is a growing gap between some of the bold statements at the start and where we are now.

I can remember talking about the need to do something about the BMS. That’s now gone so far back as to be only to be considered if we get back to the Championship. There was the big screen that’s disappeared without trace. Even something as simple as TVs in the Medway Stand is “Well we’ve got the TVs but haven’t got around to the cabling”. Both the Summer and January transfer windows have been a bit underwhelming given the noises that came out before. There are of course major pluses like the big boost to the commercial side and the revamped shop. But even on the shop, of course it’s a benefit but it’s led to the closure of the matchday shop on the Gordon Road side of the ground. The food offer is a bit improved but still isn’t back to when it was at its best under Scally. The overall matchday experience is much the same if, like me, you just turn up at the ground to watch a game of football. If you’re a Factory patron, it probably has improved a lot.

I think what I’m saying is that the PR is clearly much improved but the delivery is still a bit patchy. I’m not sure how long the PR will work unless the delivery clearly improves.

Is this Neil Harris' burner account?

I guess there's no pleasing some. Anyone who watched Gillingham at the start of last season knows we were going into the national league. In a touch over *1 year*, we've gone from being relegation fodder to promotion contenders, to having a clear vision and structure for the future. We couldn't sign the likes of Dempsey and Graham near the foot of League Two, right?

There's a wood for the trees issue here.

Brad and Shannon can't do anything about what happened in the past - everything that they have done since has been fantastic. Let's not forget, this club was heading for the graveyard of non-league football without their intervention; Different but as important as Mr Scally's in 1995.

I guess there's no pleasing some. Anyone who watched Gillingham at the start of last season knows we were going into the national league. In a touch over *1 year*, we've gone from being relegation fodder to promotion contenders, to having a clear vision and structure for the future. We couldn't sign the likes of Dempsey and Graham near the foot of League Two, right?

There's a wood for the trees issue here.

Brad and Shannon can't do anything about what happened in the past - everything that they have done since has been fantastic. Let's not forget, this club was heading for the graveyard of non-league football without their intervention; Different but as important as Mr Scally's in 1995.
I don’t disagree with you. Just pointing out that they perhaps need to be a bit careful with the scale of their promises. Also there seems to be a bit of ‘thing done in the past’ = bad, ‘same thing done now’ = good. e.g. concert in the Great Hall under Scally ridiculed. Concert in the Great Hall now equals example of excellent US business acumen.

I don’t disagree with you. Just pointing out that they perhaps need to be a bit careful with the scale of their promises. Also there seems to be a bit of ‘thing done in the past’ = bad, ‘same thing done now’ = good. e.g. concert in the Great Hall under Scally ridiculed. Concert in the Great Hall now equals example of excellent US business acumen.
Still no self serv pumps in the Factory 😂😂

Not sure why you would think that. I am not aware that NH has said anything critical of the Galinsons and I am sure that Brad said a while back that he still had contact with NH, who I don't think ever blamed BG for his sacking.

Since then, he has had two management position upgrades to higher divisions so no real need for bitterness. It all worked out well for everyone.

Personally, I feel at this stage that it is fair to say that our approval for the Galinsons after 16 months is about the same as Scally would have enjoyed at the same stage of his ownership, having in his case already achieved one promotion. The only difference being that the Galinsons can delegate decisions and responsibilities to someone like Joe Comper, whereas Scally seemed loathed to ever do that.

I don't think it is their intention to make the Gills their main income stream or stay quite as long as PS, either.

I don't think it is their intention to make the Gills their main income stream or stay quite as long as PS, either.
This is bang on for me. With them having a portfolio of interests, it does allow them to put the right people in the right seats rather than try and do everything themselves. I’m sure Scally had other sources of income but there’s no doubt GFC was very much his main source of income.