Brad’s interview | Vital Football

Brad’s interview

shotshy

Vital Champions League
asked a direct question about Scally’s involvement.
Replied that he remains a director but will have little involvement in daily activities which switch to Joe, including the football side.
I’d guess that he has decided to finally retire.
No more ‘consultation fee’

Or been shunted out...

I have been told he talks to people/acts like he still runs the place when the Galinson's are out of the country, I think this puts a line in the sand of who is responsible for what, no ambiguity etc.

Joe has limited football side experience in comparison to him though, so I would hope we use PDPS when appropriate, as despite what anyone may say about him, there will be tons of knowledge in that bespectacled head, and it is in his own financial interest to share it.

In the same interview BG confirmed that Clemence & Stockdale will remain in post even if we miss out on the play offs. Don't think this should be seen as the dreaded vote of confidence. Rather a genuine show of support for his appointment.

Or been shunted out...

I have been told he talks to people/acts like he still runs the place when the Galinson's are out of the country, I think this puts a line in the sand of who is responsible for what, no ambiguity etc.

Joe has limited football side experience in comparison to him though, so I would hope we use PDPS when appropriate, as despite what anyone may say about him, there will be tons of knowledge in that bespectacled head, and it is in his own financial interest to share it.
To be fair Jack it must be hard to let go after being the supremo for so long. Not defending his alleged behaviour which confirms what I've heard from reliable sources. He still has a lot of experience & knowledge to tap into.

As Scally is still one of only 3 directors of the club, he remains senior to Joe Comper, who is managing director but not an actual director on the board!

To be fair Jack it must be hard to let go after being the supremo for so long. Not defending his alleged behaviour which confirms what I've heard from reliable sources. He still has a lot of experience & knowledge to tap into.

Plus when B & S finally realize what a ghastly mistake they’ve made, there he’ll be.

To be fair Jack it must be hard to let go after being the supremo for so long. He still has a lot of experience & knowledge to tap into.
I am not quite sure where his experience and knowledge will be of use to us from now.

1. Brad and Shannon will be making all the decisions that PS used to do even if it is communicated in Zoom Meetings when in the US,

2. JC has revived the commercial side that PS seemed to have put in deep freeze plus seems to have a good business brain with new ideas,
and:

3. Jackett himself has decades of experience on the football side, playing, managing, and now directing.

To me, that covers all areas. Scally's main achievement seems to have been stopping us falling in to debt, but I would trust the Galinsons to match that going forward, particularly bearing in mind their stated aim for the club to be self financing in the long term.

Scally still has a potential role in negotiating with agents, players and other clubs - or at least, advising on what is and isn't a good deal, and what beneficial "extras" we can squeeze into contracts. He's proved himself pretty good at that down the years.
Maybe, but the fact that in one season I think we the only team in our division that didn't pay any agents fees would suggest he does not undertake many negotiations with them.

Whether that cost us the signatures of any players is open to question.

Maybe, but the fact that in one season I think we the only team in our division that didn't pay any agents fees would suggest he does not undertake many negotiations with them.

Don’t think there’s any question we missed out on countless players because of this.

I’d think that we definitely missed out because of this policy.
I do however agree with it.
The players engage an agent and expect the club to pay their commission.
It’s backwards.
I’d also stand firm.

I’d think that we definitely missed out because of this policy.
I do however agree with it.
The players engage an agent and expect the club to pay their commission.
It’s backwards.
I’d also stand firm.
He has offered garage doors to people instead though…

As Scally is still one of only 3 directors of the club, he remains senior to Joe Comper, who is managing director but not an actual director on the board!
He only has influence in that respect if the Galinsons say so.

I sometimes doubt whether all of the stayaways were ever regular fans in recent decades. In any event there is a hardcore, who keep revising their own rules about when they will come back. I think regular fans and the club should take most of what they say with a large pinch of salt.

I sometimes doubt whether all of the stayaways were ever regular fans in recent decades. In any event there is a hardcore, who keep revising their own rules about when they will come back. I think regular fans and the club should take most of what they say with a large pinch of salt.
Absolutely
It’s a tiny but very vocal minority who seem to come up with numerous reasons why they don’t attend matches.
Brad and Shannon would be well advised to literally ignore them, because eventually, the hate mob will turn on them.

I am not quite sure where his experience and knowledge will be of use to us from now.

1. Brad and Shannon will be making all the decisions that PS used to do even if it is communicated in Zoom Meetings when in the US,

2. JC has revived the commercial side that PS seemed to have put in deep freeze plus seems to have a good business brain with new ideas,
and:

3. Jackett himself has decades of experience on the football side, playing, managing, and now directing.

To me, that covers all areas. Scally's main achievement seems to have been stopping us falling in to debt, but I would trust the Galinsons to match that going forward, particularly bearing in mind their stated aim for the club to be self financing in the long term.
Mr Scally will have built up a large number of useful contacts within the game & has intimate knowledge of how football operates at this level off the park. As the Galinsons build up their knowledge then I think obviously they will utilise him less. Transitional period was always to be expected.