Boycott the EFL Trophy | Page 2 | Vital Football

Boycott the EFL Trophy

Personally I would never avoid watching my club in any lower league competition because of sponsors.

Without sponsorship, LCFC would be in even worse dire financial straits. Just as much money comes into the lower leagues from sponsorship and advertising as comes from gate money. Lower league clubs cannot afford to take spurious moral stances.

EPL clubs can and should have some moral attitude on shirt/ground sponsorship - they will always have alternate companies ready to jump in. A luxury the lower league clubs do not have.

And a £10 donation to LCFC to watch a partial reserve team in the EFL on iFollow is a no-brainer for me in the current climate. Just can't see why, if any supporter can afford the £10, they would not pay it and help the club.

Personally I would never avoid watching my club in any lower league competition because of sponsors.

Without sponsorship, LCFC would be in even worse dire financial straits. Just as much money comes into the lower leagues from sponsorship and advertising as comes from gate money. Lower league clubs cannot afford to take spurious moral stances.

EPL clubs can and should have some moral attitude on shirt/ground sponsorship - they will always have alternate companies ready to jump in. A luxury the lower league clubs do not have.

And a £10 donation to LCFC to watch a partial reserve team in the EFL on iFollow is a no-brainer for me in the current climate. Just can't see why, if any supporter can afford the £10, they would not pay it and help the club.
This.

As for the moral outrage at most Imps supporters embracing the Checkatrade win, it highlighted the vibrancy of the club and the wider EFL, countering the 'B' team arguement more effectively than any boycott.

As much as I hate the U23/B team situation, I will be watching. Watched the Mansfield game and really enjoyed seeing the fringe lads get a run out.

Everyone's perception is different but it is a frequently quoted myth that the 'invited teams' are designated U23. (bold and colour formatting unresponsive on phone). Although in the inverse way that every month has 28 days, someone under 20 will be U23.

I've got more than the average number of legs

Probably but I still pay it because the club need the money. This is why, although I have a season ticket, I have started paying for ifollow home games also.

We did that this week, because two of us were watching and I am the only season ticket holder. It just seemed the right thing to do.

Like I guess many, I had not heard of Papa John’s until this last week.

Doesn't bother me because I don't eat pizza anyway, not since I started my diet in February. Having said that, I did have a calzone at a very nice Italian restaurant in Stamford last Saturday, to celebrate my daughter's 40th birthday. That was the first pizza I had eaten this whole year!

My money goes to City via i-Follow and I have even bought a ticket for a home league game whilst also holding a season ticket.

They have sponsored us before in some form I seem to remember. Bit like the Ice Hockey sure there was an offer if we won a home game. Maybe was in response to Dominos half time tournament

They have sponsored us before in some form I seem to remember. Bit like the Ice Hockey sure there was an offer if we won a home game. Maybe was in response to Dominos half time tournament
They've had advertising hoardings up at the ground I believe. I think your right about there being some offer on relating to us.

Had a Mighty Imps pizza at the Papa John's on High Street, a couple of years ago, pre-game. Not bad at all.