Boycott the EFL Trophy | Vital Football

Boycott the EFL Trophy

NottyImp

Vital Football Legend
If it weren't bad enough that U23 teams have been included in this competition - a wedge for B-teams in the EFL - we now have a deeply dubious sponsor, Papa John's.

This company's founder is not only a proven racist, but the current governance of it is responsible for mulriple violations of workers' rights in the USA and the UK.

This is not a company the EFL should be involved with.

Do you have the balls to oppose this?

I am also boycotting going to Sincil Bank due to the betting affiliate being on our shirts, and a chocalate company sponsoring us, and also a lady who has enhancements sponsoring us, I will only buy i-follow games

I am also boycotting going to Sincil Bank due to the betting affiliate being on our shirts, and a chocalate company sponsoring us, and also a lady who has enhancements sponsoring us, I will only buy i-follow games

You'te right, better ethical standards are required across the board. So, what are you prepared to do about that?

I do what I can Notty buy local when possible, ditched the car 4 years ago, don't have a bank, buy direct from farms, though I gamble, I drink and I eat cholcolate and the worse thing i buy from Amazon, if I cant but local in Saxilby, balancing act I guess. I have certain ridiculous rules in my house such as no Nestle and No Barclays etc but then I paid for the game on Now TV, I'm not perfect. Unfortunately in my opinion ethical can be political or social-economic so cant be a binary answer, Am I ethical, probably when it suits my political and other ideals, but in reality I know I'm not.

I do what I can Notty buy local when possible, ditched the car 4 years ago, don't have a bank, buy direct from farms, though I gamble, I drink and I eat cholcolate and the worse thing i buy from Amazon, if I cant but local in Saxilby, balancing act I guess. I have certain ridiculous rules in my house such as no Nestle and No Barclays etc but then I paid for the game on Now TV, I'm not perfect. Unfortunately in my opinion ethical can be political or social-economic so cant be a binary answer, Am I ethical, probably when it suits my political and other ideals, but in reality I know I'm not.

I have literally no idea how to unpick that.

But I'm guessing you wouldn't generally support dubious US franchises?

Hmmm not sure I asked for my reply to be unpicked? it was a reply. I don't support anything dubious, I couldn't care less what country it originates from when it comes to this kind of thing, and it worries me that you do. Anyway I'm out Notty good luck with your crusade, and may you never buy a Now TV pass, I'm only here for Lincoln City.

Everyone's perception is different but it is a frequently quoted myth that the 'invited teams' are designated U23. (bold and colour formatting unresponsive on phone). Although in the inverse way that every month has 28 days, someone under 20 will be U23.

NO - will definitely be paying £10 to watch the EFL trophy.

If I don't like Papa John's - I smile, let the EFL take their money, Support my club who get the money from ifollow for trophy matches and then choose my pizza buying activity carefully.

Last edited:
This tournament has been a farce since they invited in Premier League U-23 teams, and it should be a source of embarrassment that our fan base embraced it so readily when entering back into the league.

This tournament has been a farce since they invited in Premier League U-23 teams, and it should be a source of embarrassment that our fan base embraced it so readily when entering back into the league.

Sorry, I wouldn't have missed The Imps appearing for the first time at Wembley for anything .... that's despite visiting the place over a dozen times with City in the last decade.

Sorry, I wouldn't have missed The Imps appearing for the first time at Wembley for anything .... that's despite visiting the place over a dozen times with City in the last decade.

Fair enough. Im not taking the piss here, genuine question - which did you enjoy more, the first Citeh game v Stoke(?) or the first City game v Shrews?

Well I won't be subscribing for this match for the first time this season as I have seen every match so far but not because of some moralistic stance over someone or something I don't know. It's because I don't want to watch a meaningless match against an U23 team. If I boycotted every company that has something dubious in it's past then I wouldn't be doing anything much. Take a look at the history of virtually every large company in the world they all have skeletons in the cupboard so to speak. How can you be selective that's my point? It's down to personal preference and we should respect everyone's views imo!

All we can do is treat people with respect and try not to force our views on others. I couldn't care less what peoples politics are, what skin colour they are, what religion they are, what food choices they make or vices they chose ( smoking, gambling, drinking etc). I simply take people as I find them and try not to judge them on my values but on the person they are.

Fair enough. Im not taking the piss here, genuine question - which did you enjoy more, the first Citeh game v Stoke(?) or the first City game v Shrews?
Gosh, that's a really tough one to answer ... tbh, I enjoyed the semi v Utd more than the Stoke Final, I was positively euphoric.

I was just so happy to see The Imps finally get there after 125 odd years of existence, but I'd still have been content if we'd lost.

If it weren't bad enough that U23 teams have been included in this competition - a wedge for B-teams in the EFL - we now have a deeply dubious sponsor, Papa John's.

This company's founder is not only a proven racist, but the current governance of it is responsible for mulriple violations of workers' rights in the USA and the UK.

This is not a company the EFL should be involved with.

Do you have the balls to oppose this?

Sorry Notty, a good post but I'll be tuning in ... in fact I've been asked to appear on a City Pod by @foreverblue which I'm still deliberating over, and whether I should get Missus Norfolk to sew an old Imps and City scarf together for my half n' half :hmmm: