Boxing thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

Boxing thread

AJ would need an early knockout I think, Fury will frustrate and outbox him if no early knockout.

I think this is just wrong to say, you have to accept he will have at least a punchers chance. His power and ability to put punches together when he chooses his moments gives him a fairly decent set of odds even though I would pick Fury overall.

I'd say it will be a cagey fight with Fury generally out thinking Joshua and forcing him to keep his hands at home but there will be large spells where neither are really landing much. These sorts of fights generally produce closer score cards.
Oh for heaven sake. ANY fighter in the ring has a chance. I wasnt being 100 percent literal. Jesus.
But dont expect this to be a close fight. Because it wont be. This will highlight all of Joshuas weakness's and IMO he will leave the ring looking like an amatuer.

AJ would need an early knockout I think, Fury will frustrate and outbox him if no early knockout.
This is probably his only chance. However...

We all know AJ has a gas tank issue. Especially when he is pressurized.
FURY has a chin made of diamonds.
If AJ were to get a knockout he would have to go at it HARD HARD HARD.... and if he doesnt knock him out. Ut oh.
We all know the tiring punches are the ones that dont land. If AJ goes hell for leather, Fury makes his miss for two minutes... gas tank to zero.. with x number of rounds left. Fury will be rubbing his hands together.

AJ's best fight since Klitscho and I'm glad he's piped down spouting his shit and getting on with what he's actually very good at.Promises to be a fantastic fight between him and Fury if he reproduces the same performance against Fury then he will make very interesting indeed however I still think Fury will prove too powerful for AJ.Then I think Fury will retire and AJ will rule the division for a decade.

AJ's best fight since Klitscho and I'm glad he's piped down spouting his shit and getting on with what he's actually very good at.Promises to be a fantastic fight between him and Fury if he reproduces the same performance against Fury then he will make very interesting indeed however I still think Fury will prove too powerful for AJ.Then I think Fury will retire and AJ will rule the division for a decade.
So you think AJ will beat Fury then? Or the other way round? If Fury beats AJ there will be a rematch clause i am sure so he wont be able to retire until he beats him twice.

THey are already talking about a second fight in Nov/Dec time according to a report I read (forget where so can't link to it)

I wouldn't be surprised to see them both retire after these fights, having made more money than most people could even dream of.

I would, especially if I was the winner.

So you think AJ will beat Fury then? Or the other way round? If Fury beats AJ there will be a rematch clause i am sure so he wont be able to retire until he beats him twice.
No I think Fury will win and he can retire when he wants no one can force you to fight especially Fury he will have nothing less to prove.

No I think Fury will win and he can retire when he wants no one can force you to fight especially Fury he will have nothing less to prove.
Eddie Hearn is a nob. A greedy nob.
I would hedge my bets that it would be in a pre fight agreement that if Tyson wins the he has to take the rematch.
He will tie it up with legal nonsense. No way Hearn lets Joshua go into this fight without a guarantee of a money spinning rematch.
But yeah, your right, Tyson could retire, but Hearn will make that unless Tyson wants to lose a shed load of money he will accept.
Plus Tyson is a pure fighting man. No way he turns down a brawl.

Eddie Hearn is a nob. A greedy nob.
I would hedge my bets that it would be in a pre fight agreement that if Tyson wins the he has to take the rematch.
He will tie it up with legal nonsense. No way Hearn lets Joshua go into this fight without a guarantee of a money spinning rematch.
But yeah, your right, Tyson could retire, but Hearn will make that unless Tyson wants to lose a shed load of money he will accept.
Plus Tyson is a pure fighting man. No way he turns down a brawl.
Yeah I know what a prick Hearn is my mate fought for the common wealth title on one his shows he won the title and Hearn promised to look after him and put him in some more of his cards two months later my mate was back on building sites because he couldn't afford to train full time.But I think if Tyson doesn't want to sign up to a rematch then I think Hearn will be forced to accept it this fight is too big to turn down.

Yeah I know what a prick Hearn is my mate fought for the common wealth title on one his shows he won the title and Hearn promised to look after him and put him in some more of his cards two months later my mate was back on building sites because he couldn't afford to train full time.But I think if Tyson doesn't want to sign up to a rematch then I think Hearn will be forced to accept it this fight is too big to turn down.
Only a couple of problems....
1. Joshua has the belts all but one. I know Fury says its not about the belts but to cement his legacy he needs to get them... and to get the belts he will need to sign that gobshites little crissy crossy contract.
2. Do AJ and Hearn REALLY want this fight? I have my doubts. They both know it will be the end of the money train and maybe the end of his career depending on how he gets beaten.

Only a couple of problems....
1. Joshua has the belts all but one. I know Fury says its not about the belts but to cement his legacy he needs to get them... and to get the belts he will need to sign that gobshites little crissy crossy contract.
2. Do AJ and Hearn REALLY want this fight? I have my doubts. They both know it will be the end of the money train and maybe the end of his career depending on how he gets beaten.
Honestly think all Fury wants to do is beat Joshua and thats it for him he's nothing else to prove.Hearn will definitely want this fight it's too big to turn down it's the only worth while fight out there in the division it will be the biggest British title fight ever and if Fury relinquishes the titles after AJ will be number one contender for possibly three different title fights which will generate a little more interest and there's only Wilder out there that could possibly beat AJ.

Once whichever of the two win, they have nowhere else to go really. Re-match and risk losing all the belts? And obviously the health risk that is always there.

Retire being the first to unite all the belts - go down in history - enjoy your millions.

I reckon... First bout will be in the US (or worse Saudi) and potentially be a miraculous draw.

Re-match in a packed out Wembley.

Why make £100m over one fight, when you could make another £100m from a “draw”?

I reckon... First bout will be in the US (or worse Saudi) and potentially be a miraculous draw.

Re-match in a packed out Wembley.

Why make £100m over one fight, when you could make another £100m from a “draw”?
Wakey wakey Dan :grinning: