Bottle Throwing | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bottle Throwing

collingham imps - 7/3/2018 15:16

A load of absolute effing bollox - an empty plastic bottle thrown onto the pitch aimed at Palmer /Lincoln players - Waterfall chucks it back - whats the problem - elf and safety gone mad - no one injured and what sanctions are being placed on the idiot that threw it - get real - this is football - not some parlour game for gods sake.

Got to totally disagree with this.
Saw Waterfall throw the bottle and it couldn't have been empty to throw it as far as he did.
In my opinion Waterfall was totally out of order. I love the way he such a passionate player but he as wrong and will unfortunately have to suffer the consequences......

A load of absolute effing bollox - an empty plastic bottle thrown onto the pitch aimed at Palmer /Lincoln players - Waterfall chucks it back - whats the problem - elf and safety gone mad - no one injured and what sanctions are being placed on the idiot that threw it - get real - this is football - not some parlour game for gods sake.
Wasn’t an empty bottle, you couldn’t launch an empty plastic bottle into the top tier. Still , interested to know what MTFC are doing to identify the ‘fan’ who threw it .

jimcarver - 7/3/2018 15:44

Scotimp - 7/3/2018 14:03

jimcarver - 7/3/2018 12:14

GrotierBranfootLeigh - 7/3/2018 11:20

Might need to use McCombe

I am led to believe that both Eardley and long can play CB..

Who led you to believe that? They are both very short for centre backs to begin with.

Both have played there a number of times, certainly in training too. There have been contingencies for a while should this occur. Not sure you have to be 6ft plus to play CB.

Terry Cooper was 5ft 9 and he did OK.

lindumimp - 7/3/2018 14:59

Scotimp - 7/3/2018 14:02

Waterfall will be ok for Wembley, the Checkatrade is a standalone competition. Whether he will be picked for that game has to be open to question though, especially if another player fills in and does well in the interim. We will have to wait and see whether he will be subject to a specific FA charge - a longer ban awaits, I fear.

The caveat in the rules "in normal circumstances" suggests if the FA take it to be more serious it could crossover into other comps.

Really? Oh dear.

What a load of old crap - the bottle fell just in front of us - it was empty - chucking it back from where it came from - what's the problem - not interfering with play - no serous foul committed - nothing to do with activities on the pitch - get real guys!!!!!

A few comments about the bottle-throwing:

Looking at it on iFollow, it may actually have hit Waterfall, and as others have suggested, it may not have been empty

iFollow doesn't show him throwing the bottle back so we can only go on reports of what he did.

The Laws of the game relating to Violent Conduct include:

'Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, SPECTATOR [my emphasis] or any other person'

And relating to Offences where an Object (or the Ball) is Thrown:

'In all cases, the referee takes the appropriate disciplinary action:

'reckless – caution the offender for unsporting behaviour
using excessive force – send off the offender for violent conduct. '

Presumably the referee decided Waterfall had 'used excessive force' in the way he threw the bottle - and perhaps it did need some force in order to reach the upper tier of the stand (as reported).

I've got a couple of observations - first, that - maybe optimistically - the red card could be appealed against on the grounds that Waterfall was only being reckless and should have only brought a yellow card.

Secondly, it certainly doesn't appear as if he deliberately aimed the bottle at any individual or group of people - just throwing it at random (we assume) - so I don't see that it could incur any additional action being taken against him.

I rest my case.

I saw it as it happened, there was also a clip of Ollie’s goal & celebrations on FB last night ( can’t find it now ) . That plastic bottle went well up into the upper tier . Try throwing an empty plastic bottle that far ...ain’t happening ! Still heard nothing about the initial culprit who threw it at our players.

Not on. Deserved to get sent off. Deserves a ban, Should not retaliate. Person that threw it needs to be identified, nicked and if found guilty, a lengthy banning order and banned from Club for an indefinite period.

Waterfall's nor the initial thrower's actions, can be defended.

Sincilbanks - 7/3/2018 11:55

"The lesson to learn is don’t celebrate in front of opposing fans. We don’t like it when they do it to us so don’t invite trouble when we score. Think back to how the Coventry players nearly caused it to kick off at Sincil Bank."

I'd argue the lesson is that fans need to grow up and take this kind of behaviour on the chin. If you want to dish it out for the entirety of the time a player is on the pitch then you should be adult enough to smile and say "fair play" when they get a chance to make a point in return..

But hey, that's just me..

I totally agree with this. Fans need to grow up.

UnbelievableJeff - 7/3/2018 17:01

Not on. Deserved to get sent off. Deserves a ban, Should not retaliate. Person that threw it needs to be identified, nicked and if found guilty, a lengthy banning order and banned from Club for an indefinite period.

Waterfall's nor the initial thrower's actions, can be defended.
Unfortunately have to agree, equalise in the last minute away from home in a packed local derby and throw a bottle back into the crowd, if it's only 3 games I think he'll be lucky.

ImpfromWashy - 7/3/2018 15:52

Saw Waterfall throw the bottle and it couldn't have been empty to throw it as far as he did.
In my opinion Waterfall was totally out of order. I love the way he such a passionate player but he as wrong and will unfortunately have to suffer the consequences......

If that is true then Mansfield are in trouble there too. Our stewards take the bottle top off you if they see you with one......because it is then rendered useless as a missile.

I think Waterfall will be getting a longer ban than 3 matches for this action and there is no way the FA will just let him play in the Chekatrade if they do extend his ban because that would make them look ridiculous.

Heard some crap on this board at times but posts suggesting that it was some terrible misdemeanor and that Waterfall should be held out to dry and banned take the biscuit in my book.

collingham imps - 7/3/2018 17:39

Heard some crap on this board at times but posts suggesting that it was some terrible misdemeanor and that Waterfall should be held out to dry and banned take the biscuit in my book.

You will love this piece of insanity from Stagsnet, then (chronic illiteracy left in for further comic effect):

"i stated waterfall should be aressted and took to court as will the fan will be when identified on cctv.thus both shud recieve three year bans or more"

GreenNeedle - 7/3/2018 17:12

If that is true then Mansfield are in trouble there too. Our stewards take the bottle top off you if they see you with one......because it is then rendered useless as a missile.

They were selling bottles with tops on in the away end last night . Thought it a bit odd as clubs usually really pedantic about that .

I've seem some crap from you in the past but your attitude to what happened last night is ridiculous beyond belief.

Regardless of what our own personal views are on the seriousness of what Luke did the only thing that matters is how the FA regard it. The precedent was set by the Carragher case so surely anything more than a 3 match ban would be unjust.

GrotierBranfootLeigh - 7/3/2018 11:42

If so he could miss Wembley

Cards in the league and the penalties accrued do not transfer between league games and Checkatrade games so he should not be affected.

GreenNeedle - 7/3/2018 17:12

ImpfromWashy - 7/3/2018 15:52

I think Waterfall will be getting a longer ban than 3 matches for this action and there is no way the FA will just let him play in the Chekatrade if they do extend his ban because that would make them look ridiculous.

They will look ridiculous if they change the rules of the competition and ban him from the Checkatrade.

Don't know if anyone else noticed a bottle land on top of the Stags net shortly after. Clearly thrown by someone in our stand.
Anyone considering shopping them?
I'd advise whoever threw it, please don't drop to the same gutter level. It's not big or funny.

I'm not doing that nor I think are many others. We are just looking at how these things go these days.

I tend to agree with a lot of posters above where this is absolutely nothing compared to what used to go on but we are in an era where this sort of action gets penalised heavily.

I don;t think many are saying he should be hung out to dry at all. nor are many saying he should be banned for longer. They are merely saying that he will be, not saying he should be.