Bolton | Page 18 | Vital Football

Bolton

The only reason I'm railng against expelling both clubs is that might mean no one relegated from the league this year? Don't want Scunthorpe to escape that fate

Ahhh! Top top point !!!
Yes keep Bury and Bolton in no matter what!!!
But if Scunny escape the bottom two, then at that point Bury and Bolton can be expelled. That's the next EFL statement sorted... ??

Brinkmanship to get the deal over the line quicker or a genuine collapse? Time will tell. It would be ironic after all the shenanigans at Bury if they were the ones to somehow survive and Bolton went under.

Fracking tremor felt in Blackpool according to the Gruniad. Was this really all the Notlob fans and young players stamping their feet in a tantrum at the latest news

I just don't trust anything that comes out of that club or the other one for that matter. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I just see this as a hurry up to get it signed off before the transfer deadline. If it's not completed in time I do hope The EFL remember the Akinola non signing and expect Bolton to be treated the same as everybody else.

EFL have imposed a 'strict' ( ish ) deadline on Bolton all of a sudden as they probably realised that legally they have to treat them and Bury the same. Then the takeover is in risk of collapse. It smacks of them trying to ensure it is rushed through in time.
Even if this one goes I would expect Bassini to rear his ugly old head again and make a seperate offer which will see Wanderers continue

Looking back, 15 June the administrator picked the best bid from five options...
Clearly a massive oversight by the admin people at that point, to think jv were ready to buy the club, and that all parties were in agreement. Did they really think the hotel sale was not going to play a part?

I wonder whether the other 4 bidders will now resurface and they start the whole process again.

Extensions, extensions, extensions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48812790

Looking back, 15 June the administrator picked the best bid from five options...
Clearly a massive oversight by the admin people at that point, to think jv were ready to buy the club, and that all parties were in agreement. Did they really think the hotel sale was not going to play a part?

I wonder whether the other 4 bidders will now resurface and they start the whole process again.

Extensions, extensions, extensions

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48812790
Not really an oversight. It's the administrators job to get the most money so in that respect they were doing their job.

I just don't trust anything that comes out of that club or the other one for that matter. I'm happy to be proved wrong but I just see this as a hurry up to get it signed off before the transfer deadline. If it's not completed in time I do hope The EFL remember the Akinola non signing and expect Bolton to be treated the same as everybody else.

Weren't we a minute past the deadline or something like that? And we were not entitled to the Premier League's extra "several hours if you need it" treatment?

So, yes, if no deal for Bolton or Bury by 17:00 hrs tomorrow, the the League have to act on their deadlines. It's not as if this is a suddenly imposed deadline, for both clubs this has been running on for many months.
The League may have at last finally clicked that there soon won't be the dates available to catch up all the missing fixtures (in Bury's case). And even in Bolton's case, there is now the very obvious danger that they won't even exist come Saturday.
At least Bury could rejoin further down next August as the same club, Bolton fans may very well be needing the dreaded Phoenix club very soon.
What happened to Burnden Park btw, has it now been built on? Must have been a large site. I remember seeing us there in the early 80s or so.

Not really an oversight. It's the administrators job to get the most money so in that respect they were doing their job.
i would say the administrator's job is to get a deal done. there is no point choosing the highest bidder, if the highest bidder's proposal is unworkable, as seems to be the case.

i would say the administrator's job is to get a deal done. there is no point choosing the highest bidder, if the highest bidder's proposal is unworkable, as seems to be the case.
Both, but they act to get the best financial deal. If what looks workable, then becomes unworkable, that is invariably as a result of someone changing the goalposts and/or being awkward - in this case, Ken Anderson.