Bolton | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bolton

The 109-page thread on wanderersways.com entitled 'Them Wigan C**nts' is always filled with Horwichonians insisting how little they care about Wigan while simultaneously agonising over every detail of our results and transfers so far this season. Worth a read ahead of Saturday for anyone looking for their weekly comedy fix.

The amount who think they're still United's arch rivals when most Man U fans couldn't point to Bolton on a map is a particular highlight...

I don't go on opposition forums. I find the whole thing sad as fuck. Both sets of supporters should grow up and focus on their own teams. The one benefit of them getting promoted will be these matches not happening.

Never look forward to games against Bolton, they are a big club with great history. Gonna be really hard this one they are gonna storm this league. I would rather have Bolton anyday over that shower of shite we share with.

Never look forward to games against Bolton, they are a big club with great history. Gonna be really hard this one they are gonna storm this league. I would rather have Bolton anyday over that shower of shite we share with.
While that may be true Ste that they have been around ages apart from a trophy for lower league teams anybody under 120 has never seen them lift a meaningful trophy. They have never won the league and the last Cup win 1958.

So in summery they have been around ages just not very successfully.

I still don't hate them though just look on it as another 3 points hopefully.

While that may be true Ste that they have been around ages apart from a trophy for lower league teams anybody under 120 has never seen them lift a meaningful trophy. They have never won the league and the last Cup win 1958.

So in summery they have been around ages just not very successfully.

I still don't hate them though just look on it as another 3 points hopefully.
Successive PL top 6 finishes, two League cup finals, two FACup semi finals plus a European quarter final so come on Hindley, a little bit more than the old 1958 jibe. True we didn’t win them but it’s more than a lot of the so called “big” clubs have done in that time. 😉

Not a derby to “some” of their fans Sid but not the majority I assure you. I take it that you’ve been looking at Wanderers Ways which is arguably the biggest Wanderers fan site but run by a small group of ultras who aren’t in any way representative of most Wanderers fans. I’m 71 and have been a trotters fan for over 60 years and I definitely consider Wigan a serious club and derby rival. What you’ve done over a relatively small period of time in football terms has been exceptional, PL, FA Cup, Europe, how can you not be a serious club so ignore the tinpot jibes and just see it as envy from very much a minority. I’m not trying to patronise here because I want and hope that Wanderers win convincingly on Saturday but I just want you to know that not all Wanderers fans consider you any less than our other local rivalries with Rovers and North End. I’m proud of my club, you’re proud of yours and that’s exactly how it should be.

If only every football fan had your attitude.
It was the clubs official Facebook Group that appears on my news feed (!!) plus PK's twitter feed.
We seem to be in the head of nearly all of them who know a heck of a lot about us considering we are irrelevant.

Successive PL top 6 finishes, two League cup finals, two FACup semi finals plus a European quarter final so come on Hindley, a little bit more than the old 1958 jibe. True we didn’t win them but it’s more than a lot of the so called “big” clubs have done in that time. 😉
Don't mind me lad, you sound a decent chap I'm not looking to take the piss. Not enough decent chaps about these days so nice to hear from your take on the game. Whatever your team blue or white I hope every single one at the game returns home safely, I genuinely mean that. Although I don't mind if your lot have their bottom lip over their shoulder.

Why are we responding to a Horwich fan ffs? Look pal bugger off to your own forum, get a life for Gods sake!

Never in my life have I ever been on your site and never will!

Why are we responding to a Horwich fan ffs? Look pal bugger off to your own forum, get a life for Gods sake!

Never in my life have I ever been on your site and never will!

Give over, the guy has been nothing but polite so no need for the 'bugger off'...if you don't like his posts skip over them.

Happy Days...your more than welcome by most on here so carry on regardless...🍻

In summary 2nd best or worse, not won anything major since 1958.

Its splitting hairs to say success for a team with so much history is being a runner up in the fizzy pop trophy and going to a neutral ground in the fa cup!

I dont get dropping Morrison at all if we are keepinga back 4. If he was injured then he probably wouldn't be on the bench, so it looks tactical.

Bolton are likely going to press us high and hard as we try and play out so Morrison being far more comfortable on the ball than Watts makes it a bit of a suprise.

I dont get dropping Morrison at all if we are keepinga back 4. If he was injured then he probably wouldn't be on the bench, so it looks tactical.

Bolton are likely going to press us high and hard as we try and play out so Morrison being far more comfortable on the ball than Watts makes it a bit of a suprise.

Watts is probably the more physical of the two and stronger in the air, or it could be that Morrison has a slight knock and may not be able to do a full 90.