Bolton v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Fri 19th April, 3pm | Page 12 | Vital Football

Bolton v Aston Villa - Match Thread - Fri 19th April, 3pm

Just back - absolutely bloody great day.

Actually one of the easier places to get to for me, up the 49 to Shrewsbury, up to Warrington then across - 2h30 - not bad

Got to the Beehive at 1 - was heaving, but coz of the weather, most people were outside so loads of room in. Bit of a queue for bar, but not that bad.

Stadium - well I don't know the attendance, but there must have been more of us than them. They count the ST bought not attended don't they so it may show more than 10k - but there was no where near that. I would say 8 and we had 4.5 of them (officially)

First half - awful. I was worried as Grealish just didn't look up for it at all. Was in our box the maority of the time, lost the ball constantly and coz of that it was just Bruce style aimless punts to somewhere near Tammy, who had no one within 50 yards of him. However, saying that, we still should have been at least 2 up.

Second half, and from the whistle, we were a changed team - Grealish passing and moving, bodies in the box, El Ghazi taking people on - we could have scored even before we did, but when we did, that was already game set and match. The second just gave that protection.

Accoding to R5 Tammy is OK, will not play Monday, but will be OK for Leeds,and to be honest, if we are in play offs by then, I may even rest him for that. Tuey just seemed a precaution, and right taking Super John off once the game was buried.

Then a wander to a chinese for Sweet and Sour sauce n rice (not quite Chips Curry and RIce but as I now cannot have Gluten - it will have to do) , let the traffic die down, and a very nice wander home with great music blasting.

All in all, a really top day.

Motm - if you were talking 2nd half, has to be Grealish, but he was poor 1st, over the full 90 - I would give it Tuanzebe, who just oozes class from every pore on his body

A lovely day out in Bolton....now that's not a sentence you hear very often! Comfortable win, should have been more but never in doubt despite a bit of a pedestrian first half. Quick shout for Kienan Davis who did well again when he came on. Could have scored a couple and that's the part of his game that needs improving. I'd start him on Monday if Tammy isn't fit, hope his shoulder injury isn't too bad, a week off may be a blessing in disguise, can recharge the batteries before the play offs!

I would give Kodija a run out Monday at CF. He has looked right up for it when he has come on lately. He will score more than Kienan as well? Keinan has a LOT of potential but his finishing is poor at the moment. he needs to learn to relax when presented with a chance. Hopefully that will come with experience.

As for the "if only Smith was there all season - we would be up" - don't get me wrong, he has done remarkable, but I think people are forgetting, on June 6th the Villa were in a worse position to what Bolton were in this week, and luckily our owners managed to buy us and save us. Remember, it wasn't Bruce that killed us, it was the charlatan of the previous owner - I honestly think Bruce did a remarkable job attracting the likes of McGinn and Abraham in the circumstances we were in

I just think some respect should be given to Bruce, instead of calling him a "dinasaur" I think people should remember the atmosphere around Villa Park before he came. It was him, and to be fair, the likes of Terry, Snodgrass and Hutton that turned that poisonous atmosphere around, and made us proud of our football club again.

Smith is doing an unreal job, but that job was made a hell of a lot easier by Bruce weeding out the poison and putting us back on the right course.

People shouldn't forget that !

Spot on HL.

Bruce was his own worst enemy by the end given everything he was trying to deal with, but that shouldn't overly overshadow what he did do, even though his rewriting of history since is galling for those who backed him and showed understanding.

As for the "if only Smith was there all season - we would be up" - don't get me wrong, he has done remarkable, but I think people are forgetting, on June 6th the Villa were in a worse position to what Bolton were in this week, and luckily our owners managed to buy us and save us. Remember, it wasn't Bruce that killed us, it was the charlatan of the previous owner - I honestly think Bruce did a remarkable job attracting the likes of McGinn and Abraham in the circumstances we were in

I just think some respect should be given to Bruce, instead of calling him a "dinasaur" I think people should remember the atmosphere around Villa Park before he came. It was him, and to be fair, the likes of Terry, Snodgrass and Hutton that turned that poisonous atmosphere around, and made us proud of our football club again.

Smith is doing an unreal job, but that job was made a hell of a lot easier by Bruce weeding out the poison and putting us back on the right course.

SMITH OUT

As for JK and Monday, I suppose we will know whether that rumour of him walking out last week was true or not. If JK starts, then it was obviously bull, if KD starts, it was more likely true

(for those who didn't know - a rumour went round v Bristol that when JK found out he was on the bench, he walked out. After the match, Smith said he had a rib injury. Have to say , Kodjia did seem the obvious sub for Tammy today, so KD coming on only heightens them rumours - so we will see Monday

Yes. I wouldn't argue with that .

As for JK and Monday, I suppose we will know whether that rumour of him walking out last week was true or not. If JK starts, then it was obviously bull, if KD starts, it was more likely true

(for those who didn't know - a rumour went round v Bristol that when JK found out he was on the bench, he walked out. After the match, Smith said he had a rib injury. Have to say , Kodjia did seem the obvious sub for Tammy today, so KD coming on only heightens them rumours - so we will see Monday

Except Kodjia wasn't on the bench today.

Smith said yesterday that Kodjia should be ok for Monday.

No need to bring JK on today as we were 2-0 up. If Kodija had a rib injury Keinan coming on would also make sense. Interesting rumour all the same. I suspect Whelan will get a rest for Hourihane as well Monday. Edit, ignore that i forgot JK was not on the bench lol.

No need to bring JK on today as we were 2-0 up. If Kodija had a rib injury Keinan coming on would also make sense. Interesting rumour all the same. I suspect Whelan will get a rest for Hourihane as well Monday.

To be fair , Whelan has looked as fit as anyone just lately , not sure he needs a rest. Hourihane on for SJM once we are 3 up on Monday.

Oh, one moan for today - no rendition of "We'll Meet Again" - was looking forward to that.

Mind you, it may have had something to do with the fact that there was no more than 500 of their fans left at the 90th minute !

Oh, one moan for today - no rendition of "We'll Meet Again" - was looking forward to that.

Mind you, it may have had something to do with the fact that there was no more than 500 of their fans left at the 90th minute !

Glad they didn't. Poor taste against Bolton ?

Your post r.e Bruce is well made and you reference in that that we were in a worse state back in June than Bolton are now . So perhaps the fact that we'll meet again wasn't broken out today was us remembering that fact and being respectful about their plight.
Could've be been us .

To be fair the Bolton fans were poking fun at themselves from the start.

Their chant of "Accrington Stanley we're coming for you" made me smile.

Didn't seem any point in mocking them really.

Glad they didn't. Poor taste against Bolton ?

Your post r.e Bruce is well made and you reference in that that we were in a worse state back in June than Bolton are now . So perhaps the fact that we'll meet again wasn't broken out today was us remembering that fact and being respectful about their plight.
Could've be been us .
Well said MD