Bolton away | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bolton away

Was there ever much trouble at Burnden Park? Recall going a few times with my Dad when I was still a kid, but perhaps wasn’t fully aware of the peripheral stuff. I remember the atmosphere in away end was always very good and the game had a lot of feeling to it. Obviously wasn’t on a sesh there so no idea what it was like for boozers but it was only a short walk from the station so an ideal town centre location. I must say the ground area the Reebok is in is absolutely dire for pubs and I find it a soulless location. If it wasn’t a local derby it’s not a ground or place I’d look forward to or make an effort to get to every season. Too many of these out of town grounds these days that make for less than ideal away days - and if I’m honest I wouldn’t like it as a home fan either. The actual ground itself I like and is decent (better than ours) and the design means it can close of portions without impacting the look of it too much. Something we could do with.

It was a weird transition as they moved and then we never played each other for about 12 or so years until we got in the Prem, but obviously that rivalry was still there. Delusional Bowton fans still think their main rivals are Man Utd - now I maybe wrong but I’m pretty sure it isn’t reciprocated and they couldn’t give a shit about them. I know Bury fans always saw Bowton as their main rivals too. Their fan base these days (or maybe it always has) does seem full of inbred dickheads, quite often fighting with themselves let alone opposition fans and causing problems wherever they go. A very strange breed indeed. Regardless, looking forward to the game and will be in upper tier.

Because of the idiot fans horrible stewards and even “I’m in Charge” Police we stopped attending this game a few seasons back and will not be going this year either
Went a few years ago, got pushed over by a senior steward (outside the ground) who was attempting to wind me up (after a sarcastic comment from me) Copper on horse came up next to us, did nothing said nothing to steward.
Have no need for a 6-8 hour car journey to repeat the experience

When we were stil non league I persuaded a couple of Rugby following mates to go to Burnden Park to see Bolton v Chelsea about 76/77 .

(I had a bit of a liking for Chelsea stemming from their late 60’s/early 70’s teams)
…..anyway there was quite a bit going on round the ground before the game but it kicked off royally afterwards on Manchester Road …running battles going on all over the shop….Bedlam……suffice to say neither of the Rugby lads were to be found anywhere near a football match since ! 😅

Saw Latics there a couple of times (won both times) and obviously been to Horwich a good few times….think I’ve only seen us lose there once ….when Anelka missed a Penalty….we still lost 4-1 though ☹️

While I understand a reluctance to take a family to Bolton, I like the atmosphere at this match.

We are taking a good crowd so it should be safe if you avoid getting isolated. I will be going with Bolton supporting mates from our village so it is excellent banter all day.

Will be a cracker with two in-form teams and I do love winning at their place. Last minute Callum will do.

Then it’s off to Manchester to see Slaughter and the Dogs. Lovely 😁

While I understand a reluctance to take a family to Bolton, I like the atmosphere at this match.

We are taking a good crowd so it should be safe if you avoid getting isolated. I will be going with Bolton supporting mates from our village so it is excellent banter all day.

Will be a cracker with two in-form teams and I do love winning at their place. Last minute Callum will do.

Then it’s off to Manchester to see Slaughter and the Dogs. Lovely 😁
It won't be a cracker that's for sure. 0-0 or a goal either way I reckon, similar game to the League Cup match. Suspect they'll be nerves on both sides.

The key to the whole game is Afolayan, he's their Yanic Wildschut where they just give him the ball and hope he can do something. Shut him down and we shut them down. It's a huge game for Power at RB, he has to be on it defensively or we're in trouble.

It won't be a cracker that's for sure. 0-0 or a goal either way I reckon, similar game to the League Cup match. Suspect they'll be nerves on both sides.

The key to the whole game is Afolayan, he's their Yanic Wildschut where they just give him the ball and hope he can do something. Shut him down and we shut them down. It's a huge game for Power at RB, he has to be on it defensively or we're in trouble.

Hi guys, disappointed some consider it dangerous to visit the UniBol, we rarely have any aggro so unless people are looking for it I can’t really see a problem.

I’m expecting a cracking game and it could be a high scoring one too, with both teams going for it in a full on atmosphere. I’d be careful thinking we only have Dapo to cause problems though, I’m sure Sarce, Sheehan and Doyle would love you to believe that!

Lets just hope the games played in the right spirit and isn’t spoiled by one of the numpty refs in this league. As I’ve said before, it would be great if we could both get promoted this year and have a real good Lanky combination with North End, Rovers and possible even Burnley in the Championship next season. How good would that be?

Anyway, you’ll have to be on your A game to get anything next week but if you do, fair do‘s you’ll have deserved it. We do seem better away at the moment but hopefully we’ll change that just for you!! 😉

Hi guys, disappointed some consider it dangerous to visit the UniBol, we rarely have any aggro so unless people are looking for it I can’t really see a problem.

I’m expecting a cracking game and it could be a high scoring one too, with both teams going for it in a full on atmosphere. I’d be careful thinking we only have Dapo to cause problems though, I’m sure Sarce, Sheehan and Doyle would love you to believe that!

Lets just hope the games played in the right spirit and isn’t spoiled by one of the numpty refs in this league. As I’ve said before, it would be great if we could both get promoted this year and have a real good Lanky combination with North End, Rovers and possible even Burnley in the Championship next season. How good would that be?

Anyway, you’ll have to be on your A game to get anything next week but if you do, fair do‘s you’ll have deserved it. We do seem better away at the moment but hopefully we’ll change that just for you!! 😉

Lets hope you can take all 3pts on saturday away against one of our promotion rivals.

Chances this could be one of the most boring matches in the history of the two clubs due to both playing a possession, passing and tippy tappy game. Nil nil could be a good bet Warren.