Bolton away | Page 10 | Vital Football

Bolton away

Becky wtf
On a serious note like I said I watched you play Sheff Wed and I knew then we were capable of getting a few against you
All teams have to do is close down that one player
The one when tackled you would think he is dying
Can't think of his name number 17 I think it was
Always on the floor trying to get players booked
He is all you have, but would not get in our team
And has for that cb Johnstone what a lucky escape we had there
Good luck rest of season any way
Another season in league one will do you no harm

Sorry Bickymon1, bloody self correcting text. 😵‍💫 Yes, I’m afraid Dapo does go down a bit easily but to be fair he is seen as a threat and fouled constantly. In fairness, you played us on a bad day when we had four key players missing and boy did it show. Not taking anything away, Wigan were superb and fully deserved the win. You may be right that another year in L1 would be good for us. We are still a work in progress and it will probably take a couple more windows to get the team right but having said that, when we have our full team out we’re a match for anyone, though I think a player like Wyke up top would do wonders for us. Good luck to you too.

Sorry Bickymon1, bloody self correcting text. 😵‍💫 Yes, I’m afraid Dapo does go down a bit easily but to be fair he is seen as a threat and fouled constantly. In fairness, you played us on a bad day when we had four key players missing and boy did it show. Not taking anything away, Wigan were superb and fully deserved the win. You may be right that another year in L1 would be good for us. We are still a work in progress and it will probably take a couple more windows to get the team right but having said that, when we have our full team out we’re a match for anyone, though I think a player like Wyke up top would do wonders for us. Good luck to you too.
No probs mate
But I can see some managers moaning and crying come january
When we bring in more quality to add to the ones we have now
Up the Bahraini tics

It is good to have you come on here Warren, you seem to be a decent bloke.

Your comments on Dapo about him being constantly fouled are probably true, however that is something that players with talent have to put up with, Zaha, Grealish, etc. are prime examples, unfortunately Dapo is not, in my opinion, in this category.

I was disappointed with his behaviour in the cup game when playing against our second string all he seemed to want to do was go to ground and moan to the officials when trying to get players booked. If he wants to be considered a decent player he needs to "man up", to quote your manager, and start to accept that other players are trying to stop him, by fair means or foul, and stop falling over at the merest touch. Being on his arse for half the game is not going to get you goals! He needs to learn how to turn those "fouls" to his advantage and to ride the impact, sooner or later referees will work him out and tell him to get on with it and stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.

As far as key players being missing, then all I can say is that your squad is not up to the quality that many of your supporters believe and dreams of another promotion will disappear quickly as the season goes on. To read the comments from many of your supporters, and incidentally your manager, you are the best equipped team in the division and promotion is a mere certainty.

Unfortunately that is not the case for anyone in the division and this will be a hard campaign for all the title contenders, and will probably boil down to whosoever has the strongest squad and is able to ride out the suspensions and injuries to key players, which by your own admission Bolton are not.

Good luck against Plymouth, as I fear you will need it, and I think you may need to brace yourself for a third defeat on the trot.

Can’t disagree with any of that TB. As you say, all the talent that Dapo has is being wasted by his constant falling over and then he just sulks. he does need to “man up” and accept that the attention he’s getting is actually a testament to his ability and he needs to learn how to use that to his advantage rather than the oppositions.

I don’t think many of the seasoned supporters think promotions nailed on, most of us would be happy with top half or at best a play off place. One thing which is certain is that this team would never survive in the Championship, so a couple more windows to improve makes sense. You will of course also strengthen but you have a good mix of experience and quality and with a few additions should not only go up but also have a squad which can keep you there.

Do you know, it wouldn’t surprise me if we went to Plymouth and won. We badly let ourselves down on Saturday and I think you may have seen a less than representative view of our side. I can only hope that on reflection the players will put it behind them and actually turn up and of course it would do your promotion chances no harm either would it? 😉👍

Can’t disagree with any of that TB. As you say, all the talent that Dapo has is being wasted by his constant falling over and then he just sulks. he does need to “man up” and accept that the attention he’s getting is actually a testament to his ability and he needs to learn how to use that to his advantage rather than the oppositions.

I don’t think many of the seasoned supporters think promotions nailed on, most of us would be happy with top half or at best a play off place. One thing which is certain is that this team would never survive in the Championship, so a couple more windows to improve makes sense. You will of course also strengthen but you have a good mix of experience and quality and with a few additions should not only go up but also have a squad which can keep you there.

Do you know, it wouldn’t surprise me if we went to Plymouth and won. We badly let ourselves down on Saturday and I think you may have seen a less than representative view of our side. I can only hope that on reflection the players will put it behind them and actually turn up and of course it would do your promotion chances no harm either would it? 😉👍

I'm going for a 0-0 prediction which would suit us.

Indeed, I'd sooner you avoided defeat tomorrow …..re Saturday, I know your right back was suspended (and it was a clear weak spot for you throughout the game)

As you say it wouldn't do us any harm, although I am hopeful that we will not be needing any help from the other teams in the division. I hope that the players we have and any that we bring in during the next window will do the business for us. I have faith in the manager and players and my only hope is that we are able to give a good account of ourselves in all the games we play. I also hope that our manager and the players give due respect to the teams they are playing and not result to demeaning comments about the opposition in the national press.

As I say, you seem to be a decent supporter and I welcome your presence on the board as you seem to have a balanced view. Good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you get the result you want tomorrow, it won't be an easy trip.

At last evatt admits bolton are not the best in league 1
In his interview before tonights game at Plymouth he admits plymouth are best in league 1