Bolger to Northampton | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bolger to Northampton

Have to say I‘ve been critical of certain aspects of Bolger’s game. Principally being nervous that he has one mistake a game in him when he is slow on distribution and he gets caught in possession, or gets drawn out of position, plus he involves himself in dust-ups that don’t concern him, even if he has to run half the length of the pitch. I have no problem with players sticking up for their team-mates in a bingle, but an experienced pro should be more disciplined and lead by example. That being said, Bolger was reliable and a decent enough L1 defender. I do think he was very unfortunate to be dropped when Bossie or Shacks was fit, but that’s the manager’s call. Whatever, wish you all the best Cian and hope the move works out for you (except when you play the Imps).

Bolger's transfer has nothing to do wuth his wages. Basically he was not a MA signing - and MA wants 100% his own players.

Grant and Anderson could well move on too at some stage - I very much doubt either will be in MA's first choice line up.

Please tell me that's an Australianism, because that's a great word!

Well.........I googled it and there's a link to the urban dictionary, and a bingle has a descriptive which isn't suitable for this site. (and when you consider what often gets posted here, it gives you a general idea!!) I'm assuming that isn't what was being described here though

Bolger's transfer has nothing to do wuth his wages. Basically he was not a MA signing - and MA wants 100% his own players.

Grant and Anderson could well move on too at some stage - I very much doubt either will be in MA's first choice line up.

MA has commented that Grant is his type of player and the fact that he was wearing the Number 10 shirt at Salford, I think indicates that he will be a big part of the plans this season

Presumably if your theory is right once MA has got rid of Grant and Anderson, we will never see another signing in MA's tenure...
as he will have fulfilled his sole objective in recruitment, which is to have only players signed by himself at the club.

the theory falls apart when you consider Appleton kept Melbourne and Lewis... who were both originally signed by the previous management.

he has been tasked with reducing the wage bill, and reducing the average age, and introducing players with potential sell-on value. While at the same time introducing a more Fluent, energetic, passing game. He has kept players that fit these criteria. and it all makes perfect sense for our club.

MA is a big fan of Anderson (he mentioned this at a training day). I think one interview he described him as a bottle of pop, but needed to channel his running I.e. charge down the middle towards the goal.

With Anderson given his age and if he can add some end product he’s a very talented player.

MA is a big fan of Anderson (he mentioned this at a training day). I think one interview he described him as a bottle of pop, but needed to channel his running I.e. charge down the middle towards the goal.

With Anderson given his age and if he can add some end product he’s a very talented player.
A throw back to when wide players ran at full backs rather than cut inside, or got to 20 yards from goal and played it backwards to recycle across the bloody back 3/4/5!
I like him. Still quite raw but a powerful runner with a lot of potential. Maybe MA is the exact type to unlock it.

Very few teams play with traditional wingers any more and i can see why. They are a luxory in my opinion and unless they are very good they are quite ineffective.

Well.........I googled it and there's a link to the urban dictionary, and a bingle has a descriptive which isn't suitable for this site. (and when you consider what often gets posted here, it gives you a general idea!!) I'm assuming that isn't what was being described here though
I didn't realise it wasn’t English - obviously been here too long (Only 15 years). Here it usually means an accident in a car, but can also mean a scrap/punch-up.

Very few teams play with traditional wingers any more and i can see why. They are a luxory in my opinion and unless they are very good they are quite ineffective.

And added to the fact that in the modern game your full back is expected to be both attacker and defender, the winger then is taking space up further up the pitch that your full back is intended to exploit. Better to have a "wide" attacking player who can come inside and link up play and be in the box when your full back is forward with the ball. (Liverpool, Spurs etc)

Incidentally I noticed Andrade didn't even get on the pitch against us? Looking it up he wasn't even in the squad against Crewe? Is he injured or surplus to requirements already?

Incidentally I noticed Andrade didn't even get on the pitch against us? Looking it up he wasn't even in the squad against Crewe? Is he injured or surplus to requirements already?
I would assume injured. Still think it was a terrible decision for his career to go there, though I suppose the money must be good.