Bolger to Northampton | Vital Football

Bolger to Northampton

Another CB who was at the Club when we had two excellent ones in Bostwick and Shackell, albeit the latter had trouble after Xmas. Never seemed to be fully trusted by either Cowley or Appleton did he?

Given the reviews from Fleetwood fans, I was expecting a bit more especially as he apparently had Championship Clubs after him in the summer before we signed him but you can see why he didn't get the move. Ask him to head and kick it and you'll be fine but he didn't look a great threat from set pieces here despite his height, no great pace, not particularly mobile and not great on the ball (far from the worst but I wouldn't put him down as L1 level good on the ball).

He's another one of our higher earners gone, probably the last you'd consider to be so?

Surprised he has gone so quickly, good luck to him.

Hopefully another decent wage of the wage bill.

Really will feel like a whole new XI with the exception of Grant and Anderson.
Lewis, Bridcutt, Melbourne, Scully & Hopper only played half a dozen games in 19/20.
Hope we've a few more friendlies to help them to gel in the next fortnight.

Another leaver to a L1 club.

Another CB who was at the Club when we had two excellent ones in Bostwick and Shackell, albeit the latter had trouble after Xmas. Never seemed to be fully trusted by either Cowley or Appleton did he?

Given the reviews from Fleetwood fans, I was expecting a bit more especially as he apparently had Championship Clubs after him in the summer before we signed him but you can see why he didn't get the move. Ask him to head and kick it and you'll be fine but he didn't look a great threat from set pieces here despite his height, no great pace, not particularly mobile and not great on the ball (far from the worst but I wouldn't put him down as L1 level good on the ball).

He's another one of our higher earners gone, probably the last you'd consider to be so?
Probably only Grant left who would fall in to the Cowley wage structure, he'll be fine though as he seems to fit the MA ball playing profile. Good January and Summer transfer windows thus far, hopefully our new playing style will make us more streetwise at L1 level

Not surprised with this one, beckenbolger didn’t really fit MA style.

Had a tough time with us really and mainly used as backup but always there when called upon and towards the end was probably one of most reliable cbs (shacks performances etc and the beasts injuries).

good luck to him!

Had the odd hiccup adapting to playing it from the back (as did Bossie & Shacks), and the silly red card v Shrewsbury, but other than that didn't let us down.

You would think with Bolger leaving it paves the way nicely for another to come in. Gary on his blog a few days ago reckoned we will get another 4 in, two on loan, two permanent, so might be 5 now?

Like Cian but there is a bit of the Nat Brown about him. Like his physicality and obviously good in the air. However he could look like a rabbit in the headlights when on the ball. I was wondering whether he might improve his distribution with other ball players around him. However we did not get the chance to find out did we? I wish him well, but this confirms the Cobblers will be lower mid table at best.