Bolger to Northampton | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bolger to Northampton

On balance, and looking at the squad, sorry to see him go, rarely let us down. Makes you wonder whether Harry will be next.

Best of luck to him, always gave 100% and remember he was a candidate of player of the season last time.

Unlucky in that he was always the one to make way when other CBs were fit and available, particularly early last season when he was part of the strong defence in the first few games but then made way for Shackell after suspension.

Always felt he should have been more of a goal threat at set pieces.

MA now close to having a squad 100% his!

Best of luck to him, always gave 100% and remember he was a candidate of player of the season last time.

Unlucky in that he was always the one to make way when other CBs were fit and available, particularly early last season when he was part of the strong defence in the first few games but then made way for Shackell after suspension.

Always felt he should have been more of a goal threat at set pieces.

MA now close to having a squad 100% his!
He was a candidate for Player of the Season simply because he had played 15 matches. I cannot imagine he received (m)any votes.

I never felt comfortable with him in the side, not even in League Two, and MA obviously felt the same way. That is a problem if we are serious about challenging for the Championship. He is an old-fashioned stopper, rather than a footballing centre back, and that is not what MA wants. Probably fits a Keith Curle side better.

He was a candidate for Player of the Season simply because he had played 15 matches. I cannot imagine he received (m)any votes.

I never felt comfortable with him in the side, not even in League Two, and MA obviously felt the same way. That is a problem if we are serious about challenging for the Championship. He is an old-fashioned stopper, rather than a footballing centre back, and that is not what MA wants. Probably fits a Keith Curle side better.
My thoughts too, he's not an Appleton player but is much more a Curle type player.
Good luck Cian but like you Scotimp I was never that impressed by him, in the minority on here but hey football is all about opinions isn't it?

pretty much a brand new team. very difficult to judge how we will do. I'd be surprised if we get off to a flyer like last season and will take a few weeks of the season to settle. i can still see us staying up, and more importantly not going into administration. i reckon there will be at least 4 other teams in the division getting docked 12 points.

I doubt we'll "challenging for the championship". A hugely tough division. Survival will be fine.

Yep not a chance of challenging for anything.
Pretty much all the high earners gone but that also mean pretty much all the good (and very good) players gone.
But that is Appleton's remit.
Keep us in League 1 using the lowest paid set players we can get away with and hope that one or two do actually prove good and sell them on.
Fair enough.
Survive, survive again, and as time goes by gradually out-finance others who overspend and get into big trouble.

pretty much a brand new team. very difficult to judge how we will do. I'd be surprised if we get off to a flyer like last season and will take a few weeks of the season to settle. i can still see us staying up, and more importantly not going into administration. i reckon there will be at least 4 other teams in the division getting docked 12 points.

Yep exactly that.

There's a good number of clubs in League One struggling badly already. We will be absolutely fine next season.

Sorry to see him go personally. An uncomplicated defender who even in the match at Salford on Tuesday was chucking himself about to block a shot.

The odd wayward bit of distribution aside, a player who never let us down.

Underappreciated by many supporters methinks. Good luck to him and I'm sure Northampton will be delighted with getting him on board

Sorry to see Cian go. Good solid centre half. No frills, nothing fancy but felt we were more solid with him in the side. That said, the big🍎 style will not suit Cian and its better for all parties that he moves on. A good move in the end and not looking forward to seeing him against us.