Bobby Madley returns | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bobby Madley returns

Not sure I agree there Casper. A lot of today’s younger generation do not fit the criteria you associate with your kids and their friends. Have you seen the behaviour of some of our young generation.

I am talking about what they say in society and what is acceptable to the moral side of society. I am not talking about the general lack of discipline and respect on the other side. Clearly these are two separate issues. It seems nowadays we have so many polarised and juxtaposed views on everything and mostly caused by social media. I go to Birmingham a lot and I can tell you no one makes eye contact with anyone because if you look at somebody the wrong way you are likely to get stabbed!

It's probably a good job I am getting older and don't have most of my life left. I think I grew up at a good time generally when there wasn't s many issues and outrages as there are now! :lol:

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint".

(Hesiod, 8th century BC).

"I see no hope for the future of our people if they are dependent on frivolous youth of today, for certainly all youth are reckless beyond words... When I was young, we were taught to be discreet and respectful of elders, but the present youth are exceedingly wise [disrespectful] and impatient of restraint".

(Hesiod, 8th century BC).

Are you making these up Notty?

I think the lesson to be learned here is that in todays judgemental and blame culture is don't say anything to anybody about anyone even in a joking way, even in so called banter with your mates.

A lot of people need to change the way they think and act around other people because society is changing and changing fast. People in their 30's and above need to recognise it otherwise they could end up in serious trouble. My kids generation see humour and banter in a totally different way than it was even a few years ago and using anyone in any context in any joke no matter what is now totally unacceptable.
You do frequently spout a lot of reactionary nonsense.

You do frequently spout a lot of reactionary nonsense.

As do a lot of us and we need to learn as I said and I include myself in that most definitely. The World is changing and as you get older it's harder to adapt to that change but all we can do is try!

Last edited:
I may of course be totally wrong, but reading between the lines, I suspect the "friend" who shopped him is his ex-partner.

The bottom line is as a professional referee his comments would have contraviened the code of conduct and quite rightly resulted in the disciplinary action he received. He said what he said regardless of how it became common knowledge. He probably will refrain from making further comments of that nature which is a good thing. When's he due at the Bank?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to disagree with you there oldgaurd. He apologised, offered to go on a 'thought police' course, he was not laughing 'at' the disabled person, it wasn't put in the public domain by him and was actually a gentle poke of fun at himself when you look at the context of the private message. It was a disproportionate punishment for a minor error of judgement.

I dont think he made any error of judgement.. apart from not understanding that the 'friend' he sent the video to was an unbelievably nasty bitter person. The FA made a clear error in judgment in not dismissing what was a pvt joke, aimed entirely at himself, immediately. Just because disability is the topic of a joke, it isnt necessarily offensive. Same with jokes about any minority, disadvantaged group or sensitive issue.