Bobby Madley returns | Vital Football

Bobby Madley returns

johnolbe

Vital 1st Team Regular
If anyone has been following the recent career dive by one of our top referees you will be pleased that he has been forgiven by his bosses and will start refereeing in England from next season in LG 1 and 2. A very sad case of overzealous reaction from the Referees Association when all the facts were revealed, Article on the BBC but sorry I can’t provide the link.

If anyone has been following the recent career dive by one of our top referees you will be pleased that he has been forgiven by his bosses and will start refereeing in England from next season in LG 1 and 2. A very sad case of overzealous reaction from the Referees Association when all the facts were revealed, Article on the BBC but sorry I can’t provide the link.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51494849

What were the facts out of interest? Not getting any extra information on the articles I can find .. apart from he sent a discriminatory video to a friend - from what I’m reading sounds like he needs better pals, I’m sure most of us have sent humour a bit close to the bone to our mates, doesn’t mean we hold the views being expressed by the humour.

What were the facts out of interest? Not getting any extra information on the articles I can find .. apart from he sent a discriminatory video to a friend - from what I’m reading sounds like he needs better pals, I’m sure most of us have sent humour a bit close to the bone to our mates, doesn’t mean we hold the views being expressed by the humour.
He was attending his child’s sports day and had agreed to take part in the dads fun race. As a pro referee he was getting a lot of joke texts ribbing him about putting on weight And would struggle in this fun race. He was in his parked car when he videoed the disabled person who walked with a bad limp and sent it to a close friend with the caption along the lines of ‘ well maybe I won’t finish last’.
The close friend wasn’t that close and had a score to settle so sent the video to the governing body which led to the action being taken

He was attending his child’s sports day and had agreed to take part in the dads fun race. As a pro referee he was getting a lot of joke texts ribbing him about putting on weight And would struggle in this fun race. He was in his parked car when he videoed the disabled person who walked with a bad limp and sent it to a close friend with the caption along the lines of ‘ well maybe I won’t finish last’.
The close friend wasn’t that close and had a score to settle so sent the video to the governing body which led to the action being taken

cheers mate, good to see common sense being used and he’s allowed back officiating.

The dog story that went around after he was fired was horrific and you know he’ll hear that every week from drunk morons even though it’s proven to be false.

Denial, minimisation and blame on his part. He should have received a low level sanction however I am not sure he still fully understands why his joke was offensive to the disabled. Blaming a pal for shopping him is weak. Accept responsibility and he would have been back earlier. He is also back as a referee as he used to earn over 50 grand a year!!

Denial, minimisation and blame on his part. He should have received a low level sanction however I am not sure he still fully understands why his joke was offensive to the disabled. Blaming a pal for shopping him is weak. Accept responsibility and he would have been back earlier. He is also back as a referee as he used to earn over 50 grand a year!!

If you read his blog he absolutely understands what he’s done but his so-called mate has fully stitched him up.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that in todays judgemental and blame culture is don't say anything to anybody about anyone even in a joking way, even in so called banter with your mates.

A lot of people need to change the way they think and act around other people because society is changing and changing fast. People in their 30's and above need to recognise it otherwise they could end up in serious trouble. My kids generation see humour and banter in a totally different way than it was even a few years ago and using anyone in any context in any joke no matter what is now totally unacceptable.

I think the lesson to be learned here is that in todays judgemental and blame culture is don't say anything to anybody about anyone even in a joking way, even in so called banter with your mates.

A lot of people need to change the way they think and act around other people because society is changing and changing fast. People in their 30's and above need to recognise it otherwise they could end up in serious trouble. My kids generation see humour and banter in a totally different way than it was even a few years ago and using anyone in any context in any joke no matter what is now totally unacceptable.

Not sure I agree there Casper. A lot of today’s younger generation do not fit the criteria you associate with your kids and their friends. Have you seen the behaviour of some of our young generation.

Not sure I agree there Casper. A lot of today’s younger generation do not fit the criteria you associate with your kids and their friends. Have you seen the behaviour of some of our young generation.

"... I find by sad Experience how the Towns and Streets are filled with lewd wicked Children, and many Children as they have played about the Streets have been heard to curse and swear and call one another Nick-names, and it would grieve ones Heart to hear what bawdy and filthy Communications proceeds from the Mouths of such... "

Robert Russel, 1695.

"... I find by sad Experience how the Towns and Streets are filled with lewd wicked Children, and many Children as they have played about the Streets have been heard to curse and swear and call one another Nick-names, and it would grieve ones Heart to hear what bawdy and filthy Communications proceeds from the Mouths of such... "

Robert Russel, 1695.

oh yes back in the ‘good old days’