BLADES v Geordies away | Vital Football

BLADES v Geordies away

Rod Currie

Vital Football Legend
Well i can't see owt but anutha goal fest for the Barcodes.Oli McB out for the season(worra surprise) I'm tippin a 5-1 defeat for us BLADES.UTB

Last time I was at Sid James Park Sir Neil was in charge and we won...... Same again please.

Them foo kin stairs😁

Last time there, Blades won 3-1 Inside forrad Billy Russell, school teacher from Birmingham scored a hat trick in the first 10 minutes FA Cup 6th round 60/61 season.

Keep it below 4 would be a positive. I can see that Wilder is positive about McBurnie signing a new contract. That means we could start next season with 2 main strikers that are injured at least half the season. I would look elsewhere.

Keep it below 4 would be a positive. I can see that Wilder is positive about McBurnie signing a new contract. That means we could start next season with 2 main strikers that are injured at least half the season. I would look elsewhere.
I’ve had enough of non-scoring strikers. Put the lad on the bus to anywhere else. One more game towards the end of this dreadful, wasted season. Blow the whistle ref.

I’ve had enough of non-scoring strikers. Put the lad on the bus to anywhere else. One more game towards the end of this dreadful, wasted season. Blow the whistle ref.
I wish we had not signed any players and just concentrated on clearing the debt. We have wasted money on some very average players that have weakened us from where we were last season. We would have definitely been better just keeping the players we had.

I wish we had not signed any players and just concentrated on clearing the debt. We have wasted money on some very average players that have weakened us from where we were last season. We would have definitely been better just keeping the players we had.
Yeah the summer window was our downfall,no doubt abart it in my view.I like Oli McB(especially at Championship level)but he's injured too much and that's a very BIG problem,i'd let him leave.I think if we keep Hamer he'll do well next season but surely the likes of Souza(if we can find someone daft enuff to tek him)Norwood must be moved on.I'd like us to keep Ossy,good versatile player in my opinion.UTB

The big fuck up was signing Souza. Big chunk of money on a player who didn't fit in, forced us to change everything in midfield and made us worse. Well done to Heckman on that. Fucking clueless. We'd have been a few points better off with any pair of randomers from Europe on free transfers.

Could have got away with the rest. Would have been a comfortably negative net spend. Even more so if we were wise enough to sell dross like Lowe, Coulibaly and Jebbison.

Very good first half. We're capable of this. Makes it all the more frustrating when we inevitably collapse.

There's reason to be positive for next season, but we'll badly miss Brereton and Archer when they leave. Replacing them is going to be the hardest thing.

Neer mind lads, thiz allus next year! Gunna av that carved on mi gravestone but sadly they,ll be no next year fer me but f..k it, I,ll be gerrin pissed in Valhalla and hope the Guinness is as good as the thick as treacle we necked in Norvern Oyreland!

At last the debacle of a season has ended with the relegation outcome decided today.
It's been hanging above us like the Sword of Damocles for months now .

All our thoughts should be with those suffering more than any of us mere mortals can ever appreciate.Their joy is so much more heartfelt, their despair much,much more intense
Please spare a thought for those self proclaimed TRUE BLADES whose suffering is so much deeper than any normal supporter will ever appreciate.

Last edited: