BLADES v Geordies away | Page 2 | Vital Football

BLADES v Geordies away

Well at least Forest won't enjoy the pleasure of relegating us.

It's been an unrelenting, humiliating and punishing season. It reminds me of the season Donny had back in the late 90s where they dropped out of the football league conceding 113 goals and amassing 20 points.

I remember wondering how soul destroying it must have been to support a team as inept as them. I don't have to wonder anymore.

Defensively we are in terrible state
Complete overhaul needed
And hope the Arab realises this is needed
Or we could be in deep shit
Bloody love Arblaster…. Our sort of player
We really need to keep him, but will the £££ come calling???

Defensively we are in terrible state
Complete overhaul needed
And hope the Arab realises this is needed
Or we could be in deep shit
Bloody love Arblaster…. Our sort of player
We really need to keep him, but will the £££ come calling???
Someone on S24 reckons Wilder has pleaded with the prince and board for us not to sell him so we usually know what that means. True or not, I'll be amazed if he turns out for us beyond August.

Well at least Forest won't enjoy the pleasure of relegating us.

It's been an unrelenting, humiliating and punishing season. It reminds me of the season Donny had back in the late 90s where they dropped out of the football league conceding 113 goals and amassing 20 points.

I remember wondering how soul destroying it must have been to support a team as inept as them. I don't have to wonder anymore.
I'm gonna find it very hard to forgive and forget this shambles as long as we've still got the current board and owner stinking the place out. We need a complete clear out and fresh start and while I'm at it, Wilder and most of the shower of on the pitch can join them on the bus!

Last edited:
In all my time watching football I can't remember a side that concedes goals in quick succession like we do.
It really is an extreme case and indicates a very serious problem.

How we've been so utterly unable to tighten up is piss poor. It's very surprising too, even with this crop of dross our owner allowed us to take on this league with.

When Wilder came in and we competed against Liverpool, I thought that was it - we've drawn a line under the 'pushovers' phase. But far from it. We've cemented ourselves, IMO, as the worst team in PL history. Forget Derby's points total - they didn't do this. It'll take something special to concede more than we have.

Fucking shameful, really. As a whole club, we shouldn't allow this. But from owner, to manager, to players, to fans, there's been no resistance at all. It's perhaps the culmination of a passive softness at this club that I've detected for years.

Pleaded with the Prince! Thaz wastin thi time theer Chris cos the only thing the ******** think of is their f,,kin sens! However bleak the present and possible future may seem, I am an eternal optimist even in our present plight cos the situation down at BDTBL over many years I have become immune to it through witnessing many repeat performances. As we know it aint how many times you get knocked down, it,s how many times you get back up that counts!
"Out of the darkness came the light" but at present we seem to have Stevie Wonder looking for the f,,kin light switch!

Wilder's not worked out and is only subsisting on the fumes of what he achieved during his first spell with us.

I'm convinced Wilder departing is the best for all parties. I'm already seeing how his presence is dividing the fanbase, at a time when we need to be pulling together.

Steve Cooper ticks a lot of the boxes of what we need. He can organise, instil discipline and motivate a Championship team - and he's a pragmatist, he'll play to his squad's strengths. If there's a chance of getting him I hope we're pursuing it because he won't be available for long.

Someone on S24 reckons Wilder has pleaded with the prince and board for us not to sell him so we usually know what that means. True or not, I'll be amazed if he turns out for us beyond August.
He’s a Blade, so, as long as we give him a decent wage, hopefully we can keep him
But unfortunately £s talk to him and to our owner(s) so, we won’t know
If the Arab doesn’t invest, can see us imploding, and could be a disastrous season next year, we will see!!

If you told me we could have Cooper I'd say go for it. Do what we should have done last time and replace Wilder with him - as Wilder himself advised.

But I don't think it's realistic at all. I don't think he'd entertain a shitshow like us. He can wait for something better. You know - Burnley, Ipswich, West Brom, Boro - better clubs like that.

It's a shame because he's a good fit for us.

Wilder's not worked out and is only subsisting on the fumes of what he achieved during his first spell with us.

I'm convinced Wilder departing is the best for all parties. I'm already seeing how his presence is dividing the fanbase, at a time when we need to be pulling together.

Steve Cooper ticks a lot of the boxes of what we need. He can organise, instil discipline and motivate a Championship team - and he's a pragmatist, he'll play to his squad's strengths. If there's a chance of getting him I hope we're pursuing it because he won't be available for long.
Wilder will work with what he has got, and what funding he receives, a new manager will come with expectations, and funding
I am sceptical that the Arab will invest!!
So, I think he will stick with Wilder
Maybe wrong, just an opinion

5th time I’ve seen us relegated from the top flight not only does this one not hurt for once it’s actually a relief
Always hurts mate
It’s just we expected it
A relief it’s done, still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth how have capitulated so easily in way too many games
Hopefully the twats who came for a season in the prem, and a decent pay ( parasites)
Will naff off, never to be seen again!!!!

Always hurts mate
It’s just we expected it
A relief it’s done, still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth how have capitulated so easily in way too many games
Hopefully the twats who came for a season in the prem, and a decent pay ( parasites)
Will naff off, never to be seen again!!!!
Well this gives me hope and I’m clinging to it atm cos there’s nowt else 🙏

5th time I’ve seen us relegated from the top flight not only does this one not hurt for once it’s actually a relief
Been trying to work out ow many times in my lifetime and got to 8. Worst one for me is 67/8 the season they sold Jones and Birchenall and last day of the season we lost 2-0 to Chelsea and for some mysterious reason Coventry payed Forest (A think?) 7-30 Sat neet kick off knowing our result and the bastards played out a bore score draw sending us down on goal difference. Epic brawl in the Rat Pit that neet! Even cance far from home to twat a pig fan! Even that dint mek me feel any better

At last the debacle of a season has ended with the relegation outcome decided today.
It's been hanging above us like the Sword of Damocles for months now .

All our thoughts should be with those suffering more than any of us mere mortals can ever appreciate.Their joy is so much more heartfelt, their despair much,much more intense
Please spare a thought for those self proclaimed TRUE BLADES whose suffering is so much deeper than any normal supporter will ever appreciate.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh dearie me,thee a normal supporter?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Worra whingein mardy pilchard you are.Normal supporter,that's a cracker,must be too much wine & sun gettin to thee again Tommy tantrum.Roll on next season. UTB