Blackburn Match Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

Blackburn Match Thread

Really looking forward to this game, it's what football is all about. Cold weather, local derby, decent following (would have been 4 tho + if it wasn't for sky and wish), top of the table clash, 6 pointer - you name it it's got it.

Think I've only seen us win there once in the 'chicken' game and don't think we have a great record at Ewood. Last seasons fixture was probably one of, if not the most spineless and clueless performances I've ever seen a team produce - especially in a must win game. Hopefully those that remain from that debacle remember it and will use it as extra motivation to put it right and get the full haul of points.

That said I think the outcome is too difficult to call, with two similarly matched teams. Henski has nailed it in that a defeat will be more damaging for Rovers than it would be for us so hopefully psychologically it may give us an edge and allow a little bit of freedom in our play.

Bore draw written all over it, both teams petrified of losing. We’ll set up to keep a clean sheet and try to pinch a goal. I don’t think we’ll have a winning team tomorrow but if we do, it’ll be that team that goes on to win the title. I don’t care how many games in hand we have, we won’t overhaul a nine point gap. 0-0 or 1-1.

An early goal for us could open the game to our advantage bringing Blackburn out thus us grabbing one on the brake brave defending as seen against citeh would see us home with a possible three points although I expect a single point would suffice.

UTT

2-0 Rovers. Fixture congestion and new injuries mean tics miss automatic promotion and an exhausted squad lose to Plymouth in the play off semis.
Up the tics!!

Leicslatic - 4/3/2018 03:11

2-0 Rovers. Fixture congestion and new injuries mean tics miss automatic promotion and an exhausted squad lose to Plymouth in the play off semis.
Up the tics!!

Up the tics?

After that post full of positivity, must be Pi****d!

Grip! - 4/3/2018 09:14

Up the tics!!

Up the tics?

hahahahaha. were thinking that meself. pleyers are nackerd. to many games to catch up. nocked out of playofs. all are best pleyers will be sold. the deal to buy the club will fall thru. cook will bugger of and coyle will return. seeson tickets wil cost 600 quid to compensate.

but hey. up the tics eh.

BrickLatic - 4/3/2018 09:27

Grip! - 4/3/2018 09:14

Up the tics!!

Up the tics?

hahahahaha. were thinking that meself. pleyers are nackerd. to many games to catch up. nocked out of playofs. all are best pleyers will be sold. the deal to buy the club will fall thru. cook will bugger of and coyle will return. seeson tickets wil cost 600 quid to compensate.

but hey. up the tics eh.

YEAH!! At last .... the quality of the posts is improving - 7 fold. Take a chicken to Blackburn. (BTW ......KFC have run out of chicken gravy now, they've got no stock)!!

I have a heart v head thang goin on....

Heart says we defend like lions to get a 0-0 or even nick it with a set piece play on 80 minutes..Burn or Dunkley with header.

Then head kicks in...our right wing " confidence player's " confidence evaporates totally on 10 minutes and he disappears without trace. Jacobs has another poor display therefore Grigg is starved of any service. Dack takes control and we are over-run in the middle. They go 2 up and we are forced to move further up the field. We pull 1 back and in pursuit of an equaliser get done on the break 3-1.

Hope heart wins it

Up the Tics.

Our record at Ewood Park is one of the worst head to head records of all 92 league clubs. 1 win 1 draw and 10 defeats despite us being in a similar league position in the majority, that record is quite ridiculous. Only Old Trafford is a worst hunting ground for us.

Blackburn currently on the longest unbeaten home run outside of the Premier League, going back 6 months.

Both records are long overdue ending. We're due some luck at Ewood, really, hope it's today.

Records are there to be broken NS. We need to have faith in the players and manager and lets put the record straight today after all as they say in the word of a certain song " the only way is up", now get that one out of your head Moonay. :ipod:

Looks like the 2-0 forecast may be right. Don’t see how we can come back from this.

We’ve had loads of possession but toothless so far today

Massey's disappeared, confidence must have gone poor lad.

Let's play a game along the lines of spot the ball. Put a X where you think he is.