Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 54 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

Which bit was wrong?

I think you should extol the virtues of the eu to the Singaporeans, Japanese, Australians. No doubt they’ll be chomping at the bit to give up their sovereignty traditions and cultures in exchange for unelected bureaucrats, massive youth unemployment, record debts and increased crime rates.

Leave means what we were told it would mean in the government pamphlets-that's what was on offer. That's what we voted for. Remainers have sought to muddy what Leave means for political end. Essentially Remainers strategy is "make it as difficult as possible, to tire people out so that they change their minds."

There is however talk of an imminent deal

I assume you mean this....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....eureferendum.gov.uk/what-happens-if-we-leave/

And.....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....appens-if-we-leave/what-are-the-alternatives/

This was the Governments position. And you voted for it? Really?

This is what we could have had with a Remain vote.....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....why-the-government-believes-we-should-remain/

That was the Government position.

According to you there has been an imminent deal for weeks. It’s still not happened.
Even if a agreement is made, it has to be passed by Parliament to become law.
So as it stands we need to have the the Leave and Remain sides of the Tories, Labour, SNP and the DUP agree enough to carry it over the line. Good luck with that one.

You will be happy to know that the second referendum before we leave is now unlikely because effectively we have run out of time to do it.

So I assume from your comments that you agree that Italy needs a little help with its finances?

If the EU is so bad, which country has seen a decline in its standard of living over the last 40 years?
Life quality, and it’s not all about money, is better for just about everyone in the EU, compared to what it was 20 years ago. Despite having to swallow the cost of rebuilding a vast amount of a former communist super state.

Which no one voted for in this country. As you correctly put it, it’s not all about the money. Life quality has gone down for many. You should probably take a look at what you could afford to buy on an average wage in 1975 and compare it with now and you will very quickly realise that the value of the pound in your pocket has substantially eroded.

I assume you mean this....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....eureferendum.gov.uk/what-happens-if-we-leave/

And.....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....appens-if-we-leave/what-are-the-alternatives/

This was the Governments position. And you voted for it? Really?

This is what we could have had with a Remain vote.....

http://webarchive.nationalarchives....why-the-government-believes-we-should-remain/

That was the Government position.

According to you there has been an imminent deal for weeks. It’s still not happened.
Even if a agreement is made, it has to be passed by Parliament to become law.
So as it stands we need to have the the Leave and Remain sides of the Tories, Labour, SNP and the DUP agree enough to carry it over the line. Good luck with that one.

You will be happy to know that the second referendum before we leave is now unlikely because effectively we have run out of time to do it.

Good.

Which no one voted for in this country. As you correctly put it, it’s not all about the money. Life quality has gone down for many. You should probably take a look at what you could afford to buy on an average wage in 1975 and compare it with now and you will very quickly realise that the value of the pound in your pocket has substantially eroded.

So is that down to the EU or free market, free trade, deregulation etc that the Tories introduced during the 70's?

You'll also find that wages etc in the US has also stalled. I am sure you think that is the fault of the EU and not Reagan-nomics?

Let's set aside your warped definition of fascism for a moment and think of some examples of European Union nations with an unpleasant recent past.

Franco was a fascist dictator and supporters of his ideology were still attempting coups in the early eighties. Later that decade, Spain joined the eu, was revolutionised in stability and brought politically to the centre ground.
On the other side of the political spectrum, and Europe, we have the former soviet states. And which of these have prospered the most since that collapse? Those that worked hard to join the eu.

The eu has no political opinion that isn't simple the composite of its member states. It is currently centrist and a massively welcome stabilising factor in Europe and with influence far beyond. United in diversity. Strength in unity.

Why should we set it aside? Somebody of the left can be a fascist. They are probably not ultra nationalists but there are enough other traits which would bring their actions in line with the dictionary definition. I agree that Franco was a fascist and I also agree that former soviet states have benefited from being in the eu. Conversely we also now have a threatened Russia.

The value of the pound has eroded significantly more since the referendum vote, and continues to do so.

So your life quality is worse now than in 1975?

By the way, what didn’t we vote for in this country?

Last edited:
So is that down to the EU or free market, free trade, deregulation etc that the Tories introduced during the 70's?

You'll also find that wages etc in the US has also stalled. I am sure you think that is the fault of the EU and not Reagan-nomics?

Bremen the issue is debt. And The Eu have propagated this as have other western countries.

And that comment pretty much sums up the Leave sides argument.

No one could ever accuse the Leave side of being brainwashed, as you obviously need one specific component for that to happen.
It also implies some sort of cleanliness... which I would question.

And that comment pretty much sums up the Leave sides argument.

No one could ever accuse the Leave side of being brainwashed, as you obviously need one specific component for that to happen.

I was referring to there not being a second referendum as it would be completely anti democratic not to implement the vote. The pm seems to agree with that.

If you mean the expansion, I refer you to the document I posted. There was no sneaking, or back door.
In turn, the Lib Dems were pushing for Croatia. Labour were advocating for the balkan states. The Tories were pushing the inclusion of Turkey (until VERY recently). Specifically BoJo the clown :'-D

I was referring to there not being a second referendum as it would be completely anti democratic not to implement the vote. The pm seems to agree with that.

Well technically if we had another one it would be the third referendum on EU membership.
Obviously we can ignore the first larger remain majority result because it’s erm.......it wouldn’t be anti democratic though.

I suppose best of three is out of the question then?

Well technically if we had another one it would be the third referendum on EU membership.
Obviously we can ignore the first larger remain majority result because it’s erm.......it wouldn’t be anti democratic though.

I suppose best of three is out of the question then?

Make that 4 as we had a general election where leaving was largely supported by the major parties

If you mean the expansion, I refer you to the document I posted. There was no sneaking, or back door.
In turn, the Lib Dems were pushing for Croatia. Labour were advocating for the balkan states. The Tories were pushing the inclusion of Turkey (until VERY recently). Specifically BoJo the clown :'-D[/QUOTE
It also implies some sort of cleanliness... which I would question.

I’m not sure what you mean by this but it sounds offensive...

I think you should extol the virtues of the eu to the Singaporeans, Japanese, Australians. No doubt they’ll be chomping at the bit to give up their sovereignty traditions and cultures in exchange for unelected bureaucrats, massive youth unemployment, record debts and increased crime rates.

Literally every country on earth is pushing for greater trade deals with their neighbours, and others, with an associated pooling (not loss) of sovereignty.

There is no dissolution of tradition/culture. What have you lost? In fact, EU law protects local cultures, including, for a quite trivial example, Melton Mobray pork pies, gawdblessem. It invests in local projects dedicated to protecting local cultures.

How's youth unemployment in the UK? Doesn't that show that the prison of the EU is not prohibitive for successful economies? Perhaps Italy and Greece just had bad policies? (Maybe if German and British bankers had been running their economies they might have faired better?!)
Austerity caused by global crash that started in America has led to lower investment across the board. Waiting lists go up, policing goes down, and so on. It is only under these circumstances that people have become worried about immigration and the EU because they have been made the scapegoats by those with motives entirely unrelated to immigration. Very few people in the UK were worried during our economic boom in the nineties.
But economies come and go. Every time it goes down, there is a change in government and this time it has been so bad that it has caused trouble for the EU as well. If only we (globally) had had tighter regulation of the banks. But that was opposed by governments and especially her majesty's opposition at the time. I'm sure you were against it too, what with being a freewheeling, free-marketeer in favor of large scale deregulation.