Bit of Brexit info required. | Page 132 | Vital Football

Bit of Brexit info required.

More than happy to let them do what they want. Think it's called democracy.
They want to remain part of the United Kingdom AND they don't want the UK to engage in self harm, dragging them out of 750odd international agreements at the drop of a hat with nothing at all in place to replace them. That's what they want and they should be listened to in a democracy.

Have you got any quotes where I've said we don't need to import? We have had nearly three years to sort trade deals and prepare. TM has done nothing. Some of us have more faith that the UK will do what it has done throughout history, and react to circumstances.
You could ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, Disgraced Liam Fox, why he shouldn't be sacked for nearly three years of inaction?

Some of us have more faith that the UK will do what it has done throughout history, and react to circumstances.

The world has changed since the UK used to do what it did historically, which in the main was nothing to be proud off. There are now many more players with more to offer.

I hope you are right and the reaction will be to avoid the car crash once the realisation hits home. Although, I imagine that some of the "indigenous people" who make up part of the 17,4m will not be happy. Ho hum

Last edited:
They want to remain part of the United Kingdom AND they don't want the UK to engage in self harm, dragging them out of 750odd international agreements at the drop of a hat with nothing at all in place to replace them. That's what they want and they should be listened to in a democracy.

They got a vote the same as the rest of us. Nicola Sturgeon wanted a vote in which every one of the four individual countries had to vote leave, in order for leave to win. I look forward to her proposing the same on the next Scottish Independence vote !

You could ask the Secretary of State for International Trade, Disgraced Liam Fox, why he shouldn't be sacked for nearly three years of inaction?

How do you know he hasn’t done anything? Please can you provide evidence that he has not done what he is allowed to do under eu rules.

It was Lienking saying that nothing had been done. I just suggested he asked the guy in charge. Take it up with him.

No idea on trade, though I have read that Switzerland will deal with us on the same terms, deal or no deal. I'm sure TM/ Hammond could have done more regarding transport etc, though . Maybe it only takes a few weeks to sort these things out though.

No idea on trade, though I have read that Switzerland will deal with us on the same terms, deal or no deal. I'm sure TM/ Hammond could have done more regarding transport etc, though . Maybe it only takes a few weeks to sort these things out though.
The Secretary of State for Transport is the utterly hapless, grossly inadequate, brexiter, Chris Grayling. We have dealt with him previously on this thread. Why did you expect the PM or chancellor to do his job as well as their own?

The Secretary of State for Transport is the utterly hapless, grossly inadequate, brexiter, Chris Grayling. We have dealt with him previously on this thread. Why did you expect the PM or chancellor to do his job as well as their own?

Not talking about the trains. Making sure we have a variety of ports, airfreight etc. Again maybe they are just shouting about the problems. The CEO of UK Major Ports seems to think they can cope anyhow.

What on earth have trains got to do with anything? Other than he channel tunnel of course.
He tried to go behind the negotiations direct to transport ministers in the EU who told him they couldn't do side deals. He really should have known that. He's an incompetent fool.

The ports have been very clear about the problem facing Dover in particular and bringing goods for London in through the firth of forth isn't a particularly good idea whether they have capacity or not.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...-legal-advice-extending-article-50-ministers/

This article implies it may not be legally possible to hold a second referendum. If we are still in the EU on 2nd July we will legally have to appoint MEPs again. Says it would take a year to organise a second vote !! (Do find it difficult to believe it would take that long).
A bit desperate, this. Like much else we're seeing.

This is a minor issue and easily solvable. We can revoke A50 our suspend it and send our own parliamentarians to that vile undemocratic dictatorship as usual.
Maybe a better case was made by the telegraph below the paywall cut-off, but carrying on as we have been for 40 years doesn't sound too tricky. The answer is in the question really!

A bit desperate, this. Like much else we're seeing.

This is a minor issue and easily solvable. We can revoke A50 our suspend it and send our own parliamentarians to that vile undemocratic dictatorship as usual.
Maybe a better case was made by the telegraph below the paywall cut-off, but carrying on as we have been for 40 years doesn't sound too tricky. The answer is in the question really!

So basically you consider our MPs should just ignore the democratic vote and just stay in anyway ? That really says a lot for democracy.