Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips | Page 13 | Vital Football

Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips

The current owner wants a return from his investment. Hes set us up as a professional club again that is respected by others off the pitch. What happens on it is largely do to the manager and the XI crossing the line and not Marankis. Criticism for what he has done thus far is uncalled for and unnecessary. If the protestations are about Karanka, then look at his results, look at some of the performances, look at his behaviour at Boro and then at Forest following the appointment of off field technicians. Technicians that I hasten to add are at most of the better run clubs. He didnt put Watson captain and play Lolley and Cash on the wrong wings. He also didnt put Dias on when we were 3-1 up.

I hope Keane has a word in Martin's ear about team selection, they are both winners they surely can't be happy to put their names to that today. Team Vs Brentford has to be positive with the best players on their best positions, or they will take us apart and things may get a bit embarrassing.

I don’t post here often, but the problem I believe is a simple one. We have another owner with short termism, which means that no manager is going to get a fair chance to build something. I was happy to see how the season progressed with Karanka and then let him add to the squad in the Summer and move forward.

Bringing in new managers regularly, unsettles the squad, changes the personnel requiring more time for players to bed in and uses up more money. Where has this spiral got us over the last six and a half years?

I’m behind Martin and Roy, but can’t help thinking that they too will be gone come the Summer. This trigger happy approach can surely only end one way.

Posters are falling on the new management team because they show every indication of not having a fucking clue what they are doing.

The team selected today was dreadful. It prioritised less talented workhorses over players of real quality left on the bench.

Make me an argument for including Osborn as number 10 over Carvalho?

Even harder, find the argument for Watson over Yacob?

You can make a fitness argument for Murphy ahead of Grabban or Bonatini, but he sounded absolute shite and we would have been better to give these two a half each.

Sounded like in the second half all shape was lost and Martin allowed them to biz round the ball like a bunch of ten year olds. We'll see what the people who went say.

This board have engineered the departure of a manager who knew exactly what he was doing, has done it elsewhere in the recent past and who was well on the way to moulding the team in his own image. Failures, yes, but notable successes as well.

Having engineered yet another manager change they have appointed a sentimental choice who hasn't managed in this division in 25 years, knows bugger all about it apart from the Irish players and has instantly changed us into playing our worst football in years.

He'll need 18 months before having the faintest clue what he is doing but his contract only runs that long.

In the two games I have seen so far, if Martin carries on as he is we will be entrenched in the bottom three next season until he is dispatched. That is how worried I am by what I have seen and heard.

It's not so much Brian Clough as Steve McClaren so far
"This board have engineered y
Posters are falling on the new management team because they show every indication of not having a fucking clue what they are doing.

The team selected today was dreadful. It prioritised less talented workhorses over players of real quality left on the bench.

Make me an argument for including Osborn as number 10 over Carvalho?

Even harder, find the argument for Watson over Yacob?

You can make a fitness argument for Murphy ahead of Grabban or Bonatini, but he sounded absolute shite and we would have been better to give these two a half each.

Sounded like in the second half all shape was lost and Martin allowed them to biz round the ball like a bunch of ten year olds. We'll see what the people who went say.

This board have engineered the departure of a manager who knew exactly what he was doing, has done it elsewhere in the recent past and who was well on the way to moulding the team in his own image. Failures, yes, but notable successes as well.

Having engineered yet another manager change they have appointed a sentimental choice who hasn't managed in this division in 25 years, knows bugger all about it apart from the Irish players and has instantly changed us into playing our worst football in years.

He'll need 18 months before having the faintest clue what he is doing but his contract only runs that long.

In the two games I have seen so far, if Martin carries on as he is we will be entrenched in the bottom three next season until he is dispatched. That is how worried I am by what I have seen and heard.

It's not so much Brian Clough as Steve McClaren so far
'This board has engineered the departure of a manager.' Really.

Well I for one look forward to a crappy match Fred with no sponsor and no weather report. You wont even get a like off young Bash and he'll like anything the slut

Why dont you just go and run yourself a bath, put some Burt Bacharach on. Take the toaster in with you on a decent sized, none tripping extension lead. Get in the bath and eat some nice buttery toast whilst listening to I say a little prayer and rubbing your 2 incher into a frenzy?

Why dont you just go and run yourself a bath, put some Burt Bacharach on. Take the toaster in with you on a decent sized, none tripping extension lead. Get in the bath and eat some nice buttery toast whilst listening to I say a little prayer and rubbing your 2 incher into a frenzy?
Sounds like Fear and loathing in Las Vegas

I only eat fisHcakes in the bath chap and that's non-negotiable! On board with the rest of it though.

Karanka was sacked wasn’t he? Yep he walked is what was said but I just wonder what his payoff was... the suggestion that marinakis is not to blame is shocking. Yes he has invested money but this debacle traces back from a personal visit in the first week of December. Rewind twelve months and his visit that December. Both times the manager was undermined. He is ultimately responsible. And when O’Neill is sacked sorry walks in the summer I wonder if a personal visit is held then. Would have been better off with the Americans.

O Neill has achieved quite a lot so far:

- left 3 of our best 4 players out and replaced them with much inferior ones
- instantly changed our most entertaining side in years into hoof merchants
- turned an inconsistent team into a bad one

I was loving this season a month ago and now I hate it. O’Neill plus Keane has looked from the first minute like an awful, awful decision.

What happened to Jimmy Gordon again? He was the man who assured us these new owners were the dogs bollocks and that Fawaz had to go.

Same shit different year from where I'm sitting.

Agree 100%.

All.i ever want a manager to do is to pick his best team available.

I don't believe he has done that once.

He picks fucking carthorses while the bench brims with quality.

Side he has picked today will do well to finish above 17th

Completely agree

He prefers bad players to good ones. Carvalho and Grabban will leave in the summer if they continue to be treated like this. They and Lolley should be the first players picked every week.