Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips | Page 12 | Vital Football

Birmingham v Forest: Match Fred sponsored by Garry Monk's Missing Lips

Posters are falling on the new management team because they show every indication of not having a fucking clue what they are doing.

The team selected today was dreadful. It prioritised less talented workhorses over players of real quality left on the bench.

Make me an argument for including Osborn as number 10 over Carvalho?

Even harder, find the argument for Watson over Yacob?

You can make a fitness argument for Murphy ahead of Grabban or Bonatini, but he sounded absolute shite and we would have been better to give these two a half each.

Sounded like in the second half all shape was lost and Martin allowed them to biz round the ball like a bunch of ten year olds. We'll see what the people who went say.

This board have engineered the departure of a manager who knew exactly what he was doing, has done it elsewhere in the recent past and who was well on the way to moulding the team in his own image. Failures, yes, but notable successes as well.

Having engineered yet another manager change they have appointed a sentimental choice who hasn't managed in this division in 25 years, knows bugger all about it apart from the Irish players and has instantly changed us into playing our worst football in years.

He'll need 18 months before having the faintest clue what he is doing but his contract only runs that long.

In the two games I have seen so far, if Martin carries on as he is we will be entrenched in the bottom three next season until he is dispatched. That is how worried I am by what I have seen and heard.

It's not so much Brian Clough as Steve McClaren so far
Which is why I would fire him tonight. This is going one way only. The team selections smack of someone who is totally clueless. If this wasn't MON, everyone on here would be of the same opinion.

MON will 'need 18 months before having the faintest clue what he is doing'? Do you include Roy Keane in that?

Good job Brian Clough didn't have your scathing criticism when he arrived. Took him what, a season and a half to keep us up and get us promoted? No chance of that luxury with fans like you.
You haven't got the faintest idea about football do you?

I didn't say they were clueless.

But we have had three winnable games.

We have looked awful in all of them

Karanka's last two games were a great win over Leeds and a highly respectable showing at Chelsea.

We have looked like a shambolic throwback to the 1980's in the games I have seen and today sounds worse.

Players who have rightly been dropped from the squad have been promoted back and performed exactly as they did before bit keep their place.

Not like we are seeing Appiah get his chance either is it?

I have wanted MON for 20 years and just feel so disappointed and devastated by how it is going
Agree with all of that, except the last sentence. Think I was pretty sure this is how it would go. Before he joined, I, and many others thought it was fifteen years too late. I’m not having that every Republic of Ireland player is 6 ft 2 either, so that’s the only way he could play.
I also would bet that Murphy couldn’t believe his luck when MON was appointed. It’s horrible so far, and just hope it changes next week.

I really never thought I’d be one to make a snap decision on a new manager, but after today’s game, the approach, the team selection, the tactics - I can only conclude MON is truly clueless. Another season down the shit pipe because this club never, ever, ever learns.
Same here. And it's solely based on what a good footballer looks like, and what a bad one looks like. MON likes to select bad footballers. If he is given the Summer to reshape and select new players we are doomed for another 3-4 year cycle.
Get Jokanovic on the phone now and tell him this is your gig from May 10th..!

"Sometimes the final ball was not good enough, that's something we really need to work on and we had nobody to finish those chances off. "

Martin O'Neill

Thing is Martin, we do have people to finish those chances off and they were all sat on their arses watching the game.

He hasn't had a chance yet.
He has made some weird choices but there might be a plan there that needs time to work.

"Sometimes the final ball was not good enough, that's something we really need to work on and we had nobody to finish those chances off. "

Martin O'Neill

Thing is Martin, we do have people to finish those chances off and they were all sat on their arses watching the game.

He hasn't had a chance yet.
He has made some weird choices but there might be a plan there that needs time to work.
I doubt there is a plan, other than lump it forward, and he doesn’t have time.

Only one way this is going

I'm just not arsed anymore. Pathetic club who've appointed a manager that'll take us nowhere. Season over and I fully expect him to be sacked and us to get a Greek and next season will be over as well. Ruling out next season as well, that's the faith i have in this owner to make the right decision

Which is why I would fire him tonight. This is going one way only. The team selections smack of someone who is totally clueless. If this wasn't MON, everyone on here would be of the same opinion.

Most of us but realise that sacking another manager to get your original first choice in Jokanovic is highly unlikely.

A few of us (certainly myself and CP) said what a terrible appointment it was and it is sadly proving to be so.

Hopefully MON and Roy wake up tomorrow and realise they played beautiful football under some great managers and try to recreate it here with the talent at their disposal. However I believe they will go the hard work gets you a place route and keep selecting grafters over guile.

I'm just not arsed anymore. Pathetic club who've appointed a manager that'll take us nowhere. Season over and I fully expect him to be sacked and us to get a Greek and next season will be over as well. Ruling out next season as well, that's the faith i have in this owner to make the right decision

That is exactly how I am feeling.

I have zero faith in the ownership to make any sensible decision

As I felt under the last lot, our most likely route out of this division is via the back door rather than the front.