Birmingham pub bombings | Page 4 | Vital Football

Birmingham pub bombings

There is a great podcast on BBC Sounds about a murder in Cardiff where the police coerced a false confession and false witness statements in order to convict innocent men. It has many of the same themes as the B6 and G4 cases: shabby forensic evidence, pressure to catch someone/anyone, convenient demographic of people to set-up. Highly recommended. It’s called Shreds - Murder in the Dock.

There is a great podcast on BBC Sounds about a murder in Cardiff where the police coerced a false confession and false witness statements in order to convict innocent men. It has many of the same themes as the B6 and G4 cases: shabby forensic evidence, pressure to catch someone/anyone, convenient demographic of people to set-up. Highly recommended. It’s called Shreds - Murder in the Dock.

Thanks Gazgecko. Just spent the last week listening to this. Highly recommend to anyone. There is also a 3 part documentary I notice on i player that was only out in September so very recent. A Killing in Tiger Bay.

Incredible story. Basically in 1988 South Wales Police in investigating the murder of a prostitute look for a white male seen with blood on his hands nearby shortly after and even publish a photo fit. They can’t find him and after 10 months and think fcuk it let’s actually arrest 4 local black males and 1 local Asian male. It goes very wrong from there unsurprisingly.

That's obscene. I hope they got their just deserts.

Nope. Eventual trial of 8 police officers for Perverting the course of justice collapsed over disclosure issues. Guess thats what happens when South Wales Police are allowed to investigate South Wales Police for corruption :slap:

"Disclosure issues" - I bet that wasn't investigated either as that seems highly convenient to me.

Thanks Gazgecko. Just spent the last week listening to this. Highly recommend to anyone. There is also a 3 part documentary I notice on i player that was only out in September so very recent. A Killing in Tiger Bay.

Incredible story. Basically in 1988 South Wales Police in investigating the murder of a prostitute look for a white male seen with blood on his hands nearby shortly after and even publish a photo fit. They can’t find him and after 10 months and think fcuk it let’s actually arrest 4 local black males and 1 local Asian male. It goes very wrong from there unsurprisingly.

What I found incredible was how easy it was for the police to coerce false witness statements from two females and a couple of gay lads - they just intimidated the fuck out of them.

It could have easily been me added to that list as I used to occasionally go downstairs to the Tavern in the Town bar.

What a tragic waste of life:cry:

Yes, me too mate. Loved the Tavern, it was always our Thursday night kicking off pub.
Fortunately one of the lads at work lived the far side of Solihull and said it would make a pleasant change for him not to have too drive so far, so we all went over his neck of the woods. What a fortunate decision that turned out to be. Only heard about it when I came out of the pub later that night.
Tragic.

It could have easily been me added to that list as I used to occasionally go downstairs to the Tavern in the Town bar.

What a tragic waste of life:cry:

Yes, could of been me too, as I used to drink in the Royal Mail before going to the Odeon Cinema in New Street.

On that particular night I was at a bus stop in Kingshurst with my then girlfriend when we heard the boom!

I was in the Toby Jug at Kingshurst when the news came through. We knew people who went into town on Thursdays so we were a bit twitchy until we knew they were ok.

Bloody ell ironside, we must of been less than a mile apart at the time, I was at a bus stop on Gilson Way, Kingshurst.

Last edited:
I was thinking the other day imagine to world reaction if the RAF had bombed the crap out of all the Catholic strongholds in NI like the Israelis are doing in Gaza.
Us Brits stand any shit don't we