Birmingham pub bombings | Page 2 | Vital Football

Birmingham pub bombings

As the inquest into the deaths of the 21 who died in the pub bombings in 1974 gets underway, the main point of contention is the question of who committed the crime. Chris Mullin, who was instrumental in getting the Birmingham 6 released, pretty much identified the perpetrators as a result of his research that led to his book, "Error in Judgement" and the World in Action documentary "Who Bombed Birmingham?" If you read the article at https://www.lrb.co.uk/v41/n04/chris-mullin/diary it pretty much names 3 of the bombers one of whom, Mick Murray, used to live in the next street to me in Erdington in the 70s.
It will be the 45th anniversary of the bombings this year and for the sake of the families, I just hope that they can get some sort of closure on the sad losses that they incurred

Interesting. What gets my blood boiling is the fact that the Inquest will not be looking into who the bloody hell did this despicable act.

Will we ever find out who did it?..... I doubt it, because we're NOT London, Liverpool or Manchester!!!!

The six were taken to Queen St station after the arrest, just Down from the villa ground , always think of the bombings and the victims when I walk past.

Interesting. What gets my blood boiling is the fact that the Inquest will not be looking into who the bloody hell did this despicable act.

Will we ever find out who did it?..... I doubt it, because we're NOT London, Liverpool or Manchester!!!!
Read Chris Mullin's book and watch the World in Action programme on YouTube and it pretty much provides the names. Why the police don't use Mullin's research is beyond me. Perhaps the WM Police and the establishment don't want it revealed?

I doubt anything will come of it, but given that has always been the speculation, maybe the families can take some sort of closure from this.

Yes , one has been granted immunity from prosecution and yet our soldiers are pursued through the courts. Surely it’s got to be equal

I doubt anything will come of it, but given that has always been the speculation, maybe the families can take some sort of closure from this.
The Good Friday Agreement will prevent anyone being arrested or put on trial for this. As has been said, the names have been known by the police for ages and the hope always was that it would all go away and the perpetrators would pass away naturally - Mick Murray already has died and has taken secrets of what really happened with him to the grave.

What's the point? Much like the Bloody Sunday soldier standing trial, it's just raking up old dirt at this point.

It's such a disgraceful period for all of those involved (apart from the innocent victims) but there is nothing to be gained at this point.

If only the coppers had done their jobs properly in the first place....

Does that mean the investigation goes on , or is it just to say that the records now officially show it was murder.

Hambleton ? was talking about wanting to force WMP to investigate now, so I'm presuming it just gets rubber stamped murder and nothing will happen as the inquest was never designed to apportion blame.

Hambleton ? was talking about wanting to force WMP to investigate now, so I'm presuming it just gets rubber stamped murder and nothing will happen as the inquest was never designed to apportion blame.

If only they had done that 45 years ago.

Might have been an idea BB, or shock horror, when the Brum Six were released.

WMP have said investigation remains open with a couple of leads, and gave some promises on Mids Today interview after seeing where the evidence takes them, so we'll see won't we.

Not seen this mentioned on the site at all and just wondered if there was a thread about it already. Some of the people involved have been campaigning for years against the system but finally made some headway in recent times. It just proves what can be achieved with dedication bloody mindedness and hard work

Not seen this mentioned on the site at all and just wondered if there was a thread about it already. Some of the people involved have been campaigning for years against the system but finally made some headway in recent times. It just proves what can be achieved with dedication bloody mindedness and hard work

Merged for you OVB - there were three, but from ages ago.