Birmingham City | Page 7 | Vital Football

Birmingham City

I cannot believe Birmingham fans are criticising their team after losing to Wigan Athletic. Perhaps they want their temporary manager out already,what a shame. Similar at Stoke and Hull. I thought it was just us who had a load of miserable moaning sods.

Seems fair to mention the referee - probably the best we’ve seen this season. Credit were it’s due.

However, he did seem to miss an obvious penalty and a couple of hand balls.

But as you say credit were its due he allowed both teams to play a hard physical game and managed to keep his cards in his pocket even though there were a number of dubious challenges from both sides.

However, he did seem to miss an obvious penalty and a couple of hand balls.

But as you say credit were its due he allowed both teams to play a hard physical game and managed to keep his cards in his pocket even though there were a number of dubious challenges from both sides.

Looked like a penalty at the time but from the 7 (yes, seven!!) minutes of highlights it showed the ref getting it spot on - a good clean tackle:

Looked like a penalty at the time but from the 7 (yes, seven!!) minutes of highlights it showed the ref getting it spot on - a good clean tackle:

Seven minutes!!!! How have they found seven minutes of hightlights?
They must have played loads of slow motion replays of the few incidents there were.

Strapworld, I'm flummoxed as to why you think I'd ask a question of Paul Cook on this forum. Do you think one of our posters might be him? It was directed at Norm.

And Norm, you're still making yourself look silly by trying too hard to be overly negative.

The Manager was being criticised for the backpassing from the players
I said he can't be responsible for that
You replied oh yes he can
You then also criticised him for all the hoofing

So, by your account, our game plan is to get the ball forward, then pass it about aimlessly before passing it backward so it can be hoofed forward.

You may well be right. There's a first time for everything.
;)

Moonay, do me a favour pal, just stick to the debate instead of trying to belittle every f***er that disagrees with you, absolutely no need for cheap shots or snide remarks, its neither clever or funny.

Give it a rest!

I'd have thought Norm that the Manager would have told em that he wants em to keep the ball, and that he doesn't want em to give it away cheaply. Ergo, if that means going sideways or backwards (just like Barca, City, Liverpool, etc,) then so be it.

It's up to the players on the pitch to create space for passes to be made,........ preferably forward ones rather than backward ones,.... but the Manager relies on the players to generate the movement and space.

Simple really.
Thats what makes our game so ugly, walking around sideways and backwards passing. Occasionaly yes just like the occasional long ball but we are crying out for a proper wide player Wildschutt style who can beat a defence and put in a killer cross. Players in the middle too running at defences laying passes on for players to run on to. We have become stale with this yawn a minute football and it needs dropping. Its shit and ugly on the eye.

Moonay, do me a favour pal, just stick to the debate instead of trying to belittle every f***er that disagrees with you, absolutely no need for cheap shots or snide remarks, its neither clever or funny.

Give it a rest!
??? Belittle? I responded to Strap's post, that's all. You still haven't responded to my point though. Is that why you're being aggressive and diverting attention away from that point?

Moonay is back, bit cold for fishing? Not noticed him on since before the Fulham game?

You need to pay more attention pal. Been away on hols, but still posted on here........ when it was worthwhile.

Think he has been planning a street party for the 31st October/1st November. Fly our Union Flag high day.

I find it quite hilarious that the Tory party are now launching a buy British campaign.

Brought up by a dad who was a weaver/tackler, and was therefore forbidden to buy "Empire made" clothes (remember them, folk of a certain age? ?), I've always bought British when possible for many many products.

Wouldn't it be a touch ironic - not to say hypocritical - to fly the Union Jack when 3 of the 4 countries voted against the deal? ?

(Sorry........ wrong thread. !)
?

Wouldn't it be a touch ironic - not to say hypocritical - to fly the Union Jack when 3 of the 4 countries voted against the deal? ?

?

Wales and England both voted in favour of Brexit... That's two of four, not three against.

Also, Scotland, Wales and NI have a population of 10.4 million combined. UK total is about 68 million.

Even if Wales, Scotland and NI had actually all voted against, that's irrelevant because:

1. The vote was UK wide, not regional.
2. The tail(s) shouldn't be wagging the dog, and by both population and economic output, they are very much 'tails'.

And you are correct, this is indeed the wrong thread ;)

He's struggling mainly because he's low on confidence and match sharpness. The only way that improves is by playing more games
Thing with that is starting him in an out of form team that's not high on confidence as a unit might be doing more harm than good in terms of building his own confidence up. Might be better bringing him off the bench later on in the game, letting him run at some tired defences and trying that instead. Especially if he comes on after Moore has been brought off for Garner and we don't hoof it as much. It might give him a chance to get some time on the ball instead of watching it go over his head

Moonay will try anything to get it back on here
Erm, I think you owe me an apology there Zakky.

It wasn't me who brought up the subject. I merely responded to another poster.

That particular thread is still going well over on off topic. I still don't fully understand why folk couldn't have just ignored it on here.

[QUOTE="moonay, post: 2023481, member: 10964"

That particular thread is still going well over on off topic. I still don't fully understand why folk couldn't have just ignored it on here.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it old boy just enjoy yourself over there :ooops::sorry:

He's struggling mainly because he's low on confidence and match sharpness. The only way that improves is by playing more games

Sorry Roy but im sick and tired of hearing players are low on confidence and are lacking match fitness, these guys are supposed to be professionals and are paid handsomely for doing something they say they love.
Its about time these players got their fingers out, give Massey a shovel and stick him on a building site on a 45 hour week, he would be crying to get back on to a training/football pitch.

If he isn't match fit, then play him in the reserves until he is, if he's still not doing the business on his return to the first team then show him the bloody door, we are in no position to carry passengers!

I appreciate what you're saying Roy, but Massey was awful from the first minute, your argument would stand up if he got off to a flyer then faded in the second half, but the guy didn't look interested from minute one.
It's your perception though. He's only started 2 games so far? Players are not machines that can be switched on/off. He also needs time to get used to the whole team.

I find it quite hilarious that the Tory party are now launching a buy British campaign.

Brought up by a dad who was a weaver/tackler, and was therefore forbidden to buy "Empire made" clothes (remember them, folk of a certain age? ?), I've always bought British when possible for many many products.

?
Think the flags are Made in China.