Birmingham City | Vital Football

Birmingham City

jeffs right

Vital Football Hero
Three points surely at home. Will it be back to the three winger system but nobody out wide? The big boot system? The playing players out of position system? or a plain and simple system of attacking, passing and moving, playing the ball forwards with service and support for the striker and at least one wing hugging wide man beating and running at defenders and putting in crosses.
The latter please and whatever the result is we can go home feeling like the side have had a go.
I remember when we were really shit we would still go home feeling like we have been to a game rather than a training session.

Hopefully we'll try playing it on the deck and have a good go at playing football instead of hoofball, but who knows. Best bet might be to drop Moore because from what I've read from here, we seem less inclined to play the long ball when he's been subbed off, so start Garner from the off and see how it goes. Injuries will be a biggie, if Windass and Pilkington are fit enough to play, I think that'll help our style of play, maybe bring Joffy on at half time and give him a good run out to lift the team and the crowd.

Game itself though, Brum aren't doing badly, but they're not doing well at the same time either so they're there for the taking. Especially at the DW fortress. Regardless of how we play I'm hopeful of a win, 1-0 or 2-1, but I'm more expecting of a 1-1 draw if i'm honest.

Thinking only change might be Windass for Jacobs, I'd be happy with that, but we need to put crosses into the box so Moore might get a chance to score!!

Yes can’t afford to sack him

and I'm not convinced we'll see any medium to long term difference under a new manager. We might get the "initial bump" improvement although recent appointments elsewhere have gone a long way to disproving the "new manager" effect,
I long ago reconciled myself with the reality that we are a lower end championship club with a lower end budget and a lower end quality management team and squad. I guess that's why, after watching the full 90 minutes of Fulham on Sunday morning I wasn't totally depressed. We huffed and puffed but ultimately were beaten by a better team.

I think we’ve looked far better when Garner and Gelhardt have come on. They haven’t had much time together but I think they look as though they could link well, Garners experience is also good in terms of ‘looking after’ Gelhardt. As I’ve said I the past, I think we’ve got the players to have a decent season. For me it’s about picking the right team, having a positive approach and playing some decent football. It’s no good lumping the ball forward at every opportunity. There’s some decent sides in this league so the last thing we should be doing is constantly gifting them the ball and sitting off them.

What is it about Massey and Jacobs that makes everyone rave about them.
They are both average and haven't put a decent performance in between them for ages.
Pilkington, Windass, Garner, Evans, Naismith, Gelhart, Weir, and Jolley should all start before those two headless chickens.

Should be interesting guessing the crowd as Sky are showing it live!Low numbers i suspect

Someone posted this on facebook earlier in a group called Wigan athletic memories, we played Birmingham City in a pre season friendly the season we got in the league 1978, the couple in the middle is my mrs and myself - 41 years ago !!!! The photo is of the town/ springfield end, before the upper part was terraced.FB_IMG_1569875452760.jpg