Richard Thompson - Red Lion Kings Heath 1990
Arthur Lee and Love - Bristol Carling Academy 2004
Bright Eyes/Rilo Kiley - Wolverhampton Wulfrun Hall
The Durutti Column - Bristol Thekla Club 2009
Cathal Coughlan - Bush Hall London 2010

Rammstein - NEC (twice)
Rammstein - Wembley Arena
Rammstein - Nottingham Ice Rink
Tangerine Dream - Hammersmith Odeon (1977)
Tangerine Dream - Kentish Town Forum (2009?)
Rush - Hammersmith Odeon (1977 ish)
Depeche Mode - NEC (2011 ish)
Iron Maiden - Queensway Hall Dunstable (1980 ish)

Life can be very cutting and cruel at times.

:95:

Ooooh the cold, hard cut of a blade.

:103:

sirdennis - 25/3/2013 15:57

Trekker - 25/3/2013 15:34

sirdennis - 25/3/2013 10:10

I also saw AC/DC at the Odeon New Street when I was about 14 but it was too loud for me to enjoy it.!!!

I was at that one too

Yes Bon Scott was a fantastic front man. Can't have been too long after when he died.

Yeah, he got an indignant letter from Trekker about the volume apparently.

He was so upset he drank himself to sleep and the rest, as they say, is history

The Fear - 25/3/2013 20:42

I also saw AC/DC at the Odeon New Street when I was about 14 but it was too loud for me to enjoy it.!!!

I was at that one too

Yes Bon Scott was a fantastic front man. Can't have been too long after when he died.

Keith Moon went in much the same way (saw the Who at the rainbow suite in Brum in 71).

Trekker, living proof that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Faith No More in Dublin then 6 months later in Auckland but that's just because I freakin love them so much.

Radiohead in Malahide Castle was pretty special.

Going to see Sabbath for the first time in April which is going to be awesome :43: (even though no Bill Ward :36: ) and Tool in May and there's a good chance I will add them to this list.

I went with herself to see Clannad a few weeks ago in Liverpool.
Great night out.

Being of "a certain age" I can go back too. I could say The Strawbs, must of seen them 25-30 times, but no.

The best gig I've ever been too was back in either late 1971 or early 1972 at the Odeon, New Street to see Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Words can't describe the show and the feeling whilst there.... absolutely Brilliant!

Clapton at the NEC was good.... always is. The one year I was about 4 rows from the front and it was breath taking!

Hawkwind at the Odeon - again good. That was their "Space Ritual" tour.

Queen at the Town Hall back in the days before they were BIG. I'm terrible with dates most of the time, but was at the time of the Queen II album.

Then there was Premiata Forneria Marconi (PFM) at the Town Hall in 1974. Again, very good. I could go on and on.

Now, onto the worst.

That has to be the time I got dragged, screaming and shouting to the Odeon by my then girl friend to see........ The New Seekers...... the place was full of screaming bloody kids it seemed. Oh for an IPod in those days...Lol

Bands I missed, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, King Crimson to name a few... three actually, but there's more.
I may come back to this when I've got the old grey matter working..........

Kiwivillan - 25/3/2013 21:34

Faith No More in Dublin then 6 months later in Auckland but that's just because I freakin love them so much.

Radiohead in Malahide Castle was pretty special.

Going to see Sabbath for the first time in April which is going to be awesome :43: (even though no Bill Ward :36: ) and Tool in May and there's a good chance I will add them to this list.

I hate you.

In no particular order

Ted Nugent
Lynyrd Skynyrd just after reforming in 1991 at the Town & Country Club
ACDC 79 ish
Rush 81 ish
Blizzard of Ozz
Pendulum
Prince
The Police
Thin Lizzy, Reading Festival 80’s sometime
Coldplay
Foo Fighters
Ian Gillan Band
Motorhead Ace of Spades Tour, twice!

There are many more but these stand out. Plus got high hopes for Rush in May.

Two of the least favourite
Judas Priest was way too loud it hurt. and I've seen some of the loudest bands ever but this was stupidly loud.
and Macca, being ill made it unbearable. Was there in a group but praying each song would be the last so I could go back home to bed.

Er... do classical gigs count, Alfred Brendel at Albert Hall, Murray Perahia at RFH, Martha Argerich in Provence? I'd like to see the CBSO in Symphony Hall one day.

The one that stands out for me was Status Quo at a small outdoor venue here in Norway in a village called Langesund.

I've seen some great gigs in my time, including ACDC and Aerosmith both at the NEC and Donnington but for the pure fun factor, Quo blew them away. And let's face it, the aim of concert going is not the quality of the music but the entertainment value, if you just want the quality buy the studio recording.

Jonah - 25/3/2013 20:53

The Fear - 25/3/2013 20:42

I was at that one too

Keith Moon went in much the same way (saw the Who at the rainbow suite in Brum in 71).

Trekker, living proof that the pen is mightier than the sword.

I did no such thing and you will be hearing from my lawyers!

I'm suprised Trekker hasnt mentioned the intimate performance Elton and George Michael did for him out on the veranda of Giaini Versace's private villa in Ibiza, 2004.

Thought nothing could top Stiff Little Fingers Brixton Academy St Paddy's night 1988 or PIL inn the Astoria on my 21st 1987 but the Specials two years ago was fooking something else, everything about it was special, like a dream, what a night. Stone Roses last summer was also quite brilliant, Brown CAN sing and Squire is a virtuoso, fantastic set and spirit.

Villan Of The North - 27/3/2013 08:22

The one that stands out for me was Status Quo at a small outdoor venue here in Norway in a village called Langesund.

I've seen some great gigs in my time, including ACDC and Aerosmith both at the NEC and Donnington but for the pure fun factor, Quo blew them away. And let's face it, the aim of concert going is not the quality of the music but the entertainment value, if you just want the quality buy the studio recording.

The entertainment value is why Nuge is on my list.
Quo are one of those bands that are completely different live. Forgot about them (probably a good reason not on my list lol) but that was a good gig too. When was that? 80 something...

Saw Quo at a concert in Sutton Park. I liked them on record but thought they would be naff on stage (as it wasn't the original line up) but have to say, as above... very good.

Was probably late 80's, early 90's though, before they became that awful pop 'thing'...

James06 - 27/3/2013 12:20

I'm suprised Trekker hasnt mentioned the intimate performance Elton and George Michael did for him out on the veranda of Giaini Versace's private villa in Ibiza, 2004.

You know I can't under the terms of the settlement.