Bercow... | Page 3 | Vital Football

Bercow...

Vote nobody! Spoil your paper.

I believe that if the total number of spoilt papers was greater than the overall total of votes for all other parties then the democratic will of the people would demonstrate 'no confidence' in the system.

It's a long way off but it'd be great if it actually happened.
Yes, but the democratic will of the people is clearly not sharing your sentiments.
They went for Brexit and Boris 🇬🇧👍

Vote nobody! Spoil your paper.

I believe that if the total number of spoilt papers was greater than the overall total of votes for all other parties then the democratic will of the people would demonstrate 'no confidence' in the system.

It's a long way off but it'd be great if it actually happened.
So you are, in effect, voting for a change in the system?

Shirley then we'd have to vote for what system we want next and it will start all over again?

Bercow at one time was accused of bullying and harassment towards staff, was there ever an investigation carried out at Westminster because I can't recall any outcome of an enquiry.

In mid 2019 pro-Brexit Tories like Andrea Leadsom were pushing forward for it but pro-EU Labour MPs were more in the "Now is not the time" camp. Before any *proper* investigation could be concluded, Bercow announced his intention to step down at the same time as the General Election. Hence, the *need* to investigate him once he left his role seemed less important and was quietly dropped.

Bercow states his height at 5'6 and a half*.
When a man has to state the half inch , it illustrates he has 'little man syndrome'.
That would explain the bullying of staff.

* I suspect that is with heels on

When a man has to state the half inch , it illustrates he has 'little man syndrome'.

Metric measurements do away with all that prejudice.

Gove, as Education Secretary, single handedly managed to get me to rejoin the Ĺabour party about 10 years ago.

I can't stand the oily little f###er but would rather have him as our PM over Johnson any day. At least he seems to believe what he says.

I'm so disgusted at Johnson that I'd rather we had Thatcher back.

When will the British public finally see what they've allowed into power?

Do you lefties ever read what you write, take a step back and think how what you write and say may appear to those who aren't converted and don't live within your echo chamber? The British people voted for the Tories in large numbers and it seems that more are continuing to drift that way. Just slagging off a large percentage of the British population because they don't agree with you is incredibly arrogant and, I would suggest, the exact reason that they are continuing to vote Tory and not be converted to Labour in the same way that calling them "racist", "stupid" and "not knowing what they voted for" didn't convince them to not vote for Brexit or change their mind in the aftermath of the great triumphant win in the EU refererndum.

When willl you learn?

Yes, but the democratic will of the people is clearly not sharing your sentiments.
They went for Brexit and Boris 🇬🇧👍

Not everybody voted. But yes, of those who did, the Brexiteers gained a slim majority. In the general election those who voted Conservative were not even a majority, though again, yes, they did win the most seats in parliament.

He's a weasel of the highest order

Little man syndrome in spades.

Only thing in his favour is he is not as weasel like as that twat Bridgen.

A power grab for another seat pure and simple

Do you lefties ever read what you write, take a step back and think how what you write and say may appear to those who aren't converted and don't live within your echo chamber? The British people voted for the Tories in large numbers and it seems that more are continuing to drift that way. Just slagging off a large percentage of the British population because they don't agree with you is incredibly arrogant and, I would suggest, the exact reason that they are continuing to vote Tory and not be converted to Labour in the same way that calling them "racist", "stupid" and "not knowing what they voted for" didn't convince them to not vote for Brexit or change their mind in the aftermath of the great triumphant win in the EU refererndum.

When willl you learn?
It will be interesting to see how Johnson is judged in a few years' time.

Blair was voted in with big majorities and now I keep hearing about how terrible he was for the Iraq war and what he did (or didn't) do. Were the majority of British people stupid for voting him in?

It will be interesting to see how Johnson is judged in a few years' time.

Blair was voted in with big majorities and now I keep hearing about how terrible he was for the Iraq war and what he did (or didn't) do. Were the majority of British people stupid for voting him in?

See my post in other thread just now, '58.

I think that by 1997 a lot of people just wanted the Tories out.

Blair was stupid for not telling George W Bush that if he wanted to illegally invade Iraq then he'd have to do it on his own. Blair had the perfect opportunity to say no, he could easily have just said that the British people were opposed to the war, as evidenced by the largest demonstration in British history.

See my post in other thread just now, '58.

I think that by 1997 a lot of people just wanted the Tories out.

Blair was stupid for not telling George W Bush that if he wanted to illegally invade Iraq then he'd have to do it on his own. Blair had the perfect opportunity to say no, he could easily have just said that the British people were opposed to the war, as evidenced by the largest demonstration in British history.
I can't remember precisely but I don't recall the majority being against the warwhen it started. Perhaps someone can remember what the opinion polls indicated at the time (irrespective of their own personal view).

Sadly, a million or so demonstrating doesn't make a majority out of a population of 67 million, as Corbyn devotees discovered after his popular rallies (and Michael Foot back in '83).

I can't remember precisely but I don't recall the majority being against the warwhen it started. Perhaps someone can remember what the opinion polls indicated at the time (irrespective of their own personal view).

Sadly, a million or so demonstrating doesn't make a majority out of a population of 67 million, as Corbyn devotees discovered after his popular rallies (and Michael Foot back in '83).

You're right it doesn't constitute a majority of the country. But given that it was so large and was the largest ever, I reckon Blair could have given it as a reason to tell Bush we weren't doing it.

The US would have done it anyway. But Britain needn't have got involved.

Do you really think there were as many, let alone more, British people in favour of attacking Iraq as there were opposed to it?

It was all dodgy as fuck. The UN said no. There was the dodgy dossier and the dodgy death of scientist and biological weapons expert David Kelly (dies anybody actually believe he killed himself?!).

Blair could easily have said no. Imo, his who got the better of him. He'd been lauded as a hero and statesman for his intervention in Kosovo and I really believe he got a little bit intoxicated with power and wanted to be remembered as a great statesman.

In the end he's remembered by many as a war criminal

A man with little man syndrome that tied all the intellects in parliament up in knots and had half the country whining and frothing at the mouth. For a short period (excuse the pun) he run the country!! Brilliant stuff. Obviously, if i had voted for Brexit I would have wanted him hung, drawn and quartered.

You're right it doesn't constitute a majority of the country. But given that it was so large and was the largest ever, I reckon Blair could have given it as a reason to tell Bush we weren't doing it.

The US would have done it anyway. But Britain needn't have got involved.

Do you really think there were as many, let alone more, British people in favour of attacking Iraq as there were opposed to it?

It was all dodgy as fuck. The UN said no. There was the dodgy dossier and the dodgy death of scientist and biological weapons expert David Kelly (dies anybody actually believe he killed himself?!).

Blair could easily have said no. Imo, his who got the better of him. He'd been lauded as a hero and statesman for his intervention in Kosovo and I really believe he got a little bit intoxicated with power and wanted to be remembered as a great statesman.

In the end he's remembered by many as a war criminal
Yeah, he shouldn't have grabbed hold off bush's shirt tail. Other than that, I think he did alright, tbh.

I can't remember precisely but I don't recall the majority being against the war when it started. .

That is because Blair and Co came out and said they had a dossier with evidence of existence of WMDs and the intelligent services had a belief they would be used soon. And due to a desire not to put our secret agents in danger the information leaked to the public at the time was the parts not likely to compromise those agents.

It was obviously only after the event when people dug a bit deeper that the dossier started to look a bit dodgy and enquiries started. If the public knew then what they know now that I suspect a good majority of people would be against the war.

In mid 2019 pro-Brexit Tories like Andrea Leadsom were pushing forward for it but pro-EU Labour MPs were more in the "Now is not the time" camp. Before any *proper* investigation could be concluded, Bercow announced his intention to step down at the same time as the General Election. Hence, the *need* to investigate him once he left his role seemed less important and was quietly dropped.
I wonder if Ledsom would be so eager to push for an investigation into Patel for bullying?

Bercow at one time was accused of bullying and harassment towards staff, was there ever an investigation carried out at Westminster because I can't recall any outcome of an enquiry.
Was there not someone else who did likewise towards their staff.... someone with the initials MM..... allegedly (my favourite word at the moment)!!!!!