Bercow... | Page 2 | Vital Football

Bercow...

He, is a nasty, sneaky little git of a yes man (allegedly) but I will give him one thing..... he has a wonderful, orators voice, even if what he says is (generally speaking) complete bollux. That however, is the only thing he has that I respect... I utterly detest the dirty little toad.
Yeah, I agree, Gove is very slimy. Not sure he has a great orators voice though

Interesting article from 2009 about Bercow here:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8114399.stm

He was clearly once a racist right-wing extremist. To be fair to him that was in his youth. So not far to suggest he still is.

But is he really what the Labour party need? What does it signal, Bercow becoming ever more left wing as he gets older? Or the Labour party shifting ever further to the right?

He was clearly once a racist right-wing extremist. To be fair to him that was in his youth. So not far to suggest he still is.

But is he really what the Labour party need? What does it signal, Bercow becoming ever more left wing as he gets older? Or the Labour party shifting ever further to the right?
I don't known if your remember the band Crisis, Buddha, but they were communists when they first started in the late 70's. When they split in the early 80's, their bass player, Tony Wakeford, joined the NF. He "returned to the fold" so to speak in the 90's. I reckon there are a lot of examples of people switching political persuasions.....Trump did!!

Last edited:
Haven't heard much about Bercow's flighty wife recently.

Used to regularly take up column inches in the tabloids with her exploits, which I don't think helped his political career at the time.

I don't known if your remember the band Crisis, Buddha, but they were communists when they first started in the late 70's. When they split in the early 80's, their bass player, Tony Wakeford, joined the NF. He "returned to the fold" so to speak in the 90's. I reckon their are a lot of examples of people switching political persuasions.....Trump did!!

Yeah, I'm aware of Crisis. And completely agree with you that there are lots of examples of people switching their political persuasions, sometimes radically.

I knew that Bercow was previously a Tory but I didn't know before about his membership of the Monday Club, nor of his involvement with the Federation of Conservative Supporters and their production of, 'Hang Mandela' t-shirts.

I enjoyed Bercow's attempts to frustrate the Brexit process. But at the same time I did realise that if I were pro-Brexit, his antics would have really pissed me off.

My only interest in the Labour Party is as an opposition to the Tories. I've never been and never will be a supporter of Labour but I have and always will despise the Conservative Party. In the words of one of the greatest Labour MPs of all time, "as far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin".

Gove, as Education Secretary, single handedly managed to get me to rejoin the Ĺabour party about 10 years ago.

I can't stand the oily little f###er but would rather have him as our PM over Johnson any day. At least he seems to believe what he says.

I'm so disgusted at Johnson that I'd rather we had Thatcher back.

When will the British public finally see what they've allowed into power?

You clearly haven't learned to keep your prejudice and abuse in check have you.:wagging:

What is your evidence for "racist" or "extremist" ?

You clearly haven't learned to keep your prejudice and abuse in check have you.:wagging:

"Extremist" Is certainly a word you could and has been used in connection with Bercow during his political career. He is a politician who has always been on the edge .I would think that our Prime minister and you yourself has called him far worse words behind closed doors in is certainly a opinion of him over Brexit. His fight at times almost single handed at times was extreme political acts .So yes Bercow is and perhaps always was a extremist .I don't know how you can argue otherwise.
Of all the politicians in the house in the last few years Bercow is probably one of the most extreme and if he returns as a Labour MP I would expect that to remain the case.

Last edited:

Let me guess, you bought one of those, 'Hang Mandela' t-shirts back in the day, didn't ya?!

Go on, don't be shy, you can admit here, you're amongst friends....

Last edited:
Bercow at one time was accused of bullying and harassment towards staff, was there ever an investigation carried out at Westminster because I can't recall any outcome of an enquiry.

So who do we vote for if we're not voting for politicians? 🤔

Vote nobody! Spoil your paper.

I believe that if the total number of spoilt papers was greater than the overall total of votes for all other parties then the democratic will of the people would demonstrate 'no confidence' in the system.

It's a long way off but it'd be great if it actually happened.