Bercow... | Page 4 | Vital Football

Bercow...

You're right it doesn't constitute a majority of the country. But given that it was so large and was the largest ever, I reckon Blair could have given it as a reason to tell Bush we weren't doing it.

The US would have done it anyway. But Britain needn't have got involved.

Do you really think there were as many, let alone more, British people in favour of attacking Iraq as there were opposed to it?

It was all dodgy as fuck. The UN said no. There was the dodgy dossier and the dodgy death of scientist and biological weapons expert David Kelly (dies anybody actually believe he killed himself?!).

Blair could easily have said no. Imo, his who got the better of him. He'd been lauded as a hero and statesman for his intervention in Kosovo and I really believe he got a little bit intoxicated with power and wanted to be remembered as a great statesman.

In the end he's remembered by many as a war criminal
Unfortunately we were dancing to the American pipes back then so there was no way we could really get out of it. To make things worse, 30 years later we are still dancing to their pipes even though most of us would prefer not to......

That is because Blair and Co came out and said they had a dossier with evidence of existence of WMDs and the intelligent services had a belief they would be used soon. And due to a desire not to put our secret agents in danger the information leaked to the public at the time was the parts not likely to compromise those agents.

It was obviously only after the event when people dug a bit deeper that the dossier started to look a bit dodgy and enquiries started. If the public knew then what they know now that I suspect a good majority of people would be against the war.
Quite right I expect.

Likewise what people may think about Johnson in a few years' time and the full extent of his lies and bullshit has come out.

I wonder if Ledsom would be so eager to push for an investigation into Patel for bullying?

There was an enquiry into Patel's behaviour last year if I recall correctly and there was even a thread on this forum. I recall the conclusion that the inquiry on here was that either

a) there was evidence of Patel being a demanding boss but didn't overstep the mark in demanding the civil service did their job properly, and

b) it proved Patel was an evil bully and Boris should also quit for not firing her.

I'm sure the whole bullying claim against Patel will be news again when the civil servant guy who quit has his day in court over constructive dismissal.

There was an enquiry into Patel's behaviour last year if I recall correctly and there was even a thread on this forum. I recall the conclusion that the inquiry on here was that either

a) there was evidence of Patel being a demanding boss but didn't overstep the mark in demanding the civil service did their job properly, and

b) it proved Patel was an evil bully and Boris should also quit for not firing her.

I'm sure the whole bullying claim against Patel will be news again when the civil servant guy who quit has his day in court over constructive dismissal.
Well, that's just being pedantic. OK, I'll admit I knew that, but I think Ledsom's a horrid person so I just wanted to use something to have a pop...thanks for nothing!