Ben Coker | Page 5 | Vital Football

Ben Coker

I wonder if the announcement today was to ward of another clubs interest. Matters not really as he clearly can play in more than one defensive role so all positive. Welcome aboard Ben

The crutches are an odd one, as he was running in the last Southend video.
So either he has had a relapse since may,
Or this is all part of the elaborate smoke and mirrors/joke

If Ben played against Hull hes long since dispensed with crutches, and I doubt they'd have signed him now if he suffered a relapse since. My son had an ACL op couple of years ago, retained his crutches as a reminder, maybe Ben's done similar. Or lined up to play Long John Silver in panto.

If Ben played against Hull hes long since dispensed with crutches, and I doubt they'd have signed him now if he suffered a relapse since. My son had an ACL op couple of years ago, retained his crutches as a reminder, maybe Ben's done similar. Or lined up to play Long John Silver in panto.
interesting, when did we play hull? was coker officially confirmed as in the team?

i assumed the instagram video was filmed at anderson's place, so coker must be sharing with anderson? otherwise, it seems odd to carry your crutches to a mate's house to keep reminding yourself of the injury. )))

Last edited:
He was part of a couple of BBC documentaries after the started following the rehab journey of footballers/sports people who had had serious injuries.

Assuming they're on Youtube somewhere.

Poor Aaron Lewis - Ben Coker is a crocked full back and still gets a substantive contract before Aaron who has just had an international call up.

I think the general consensus is that the deal to sign Coker was done some time ago probably before Aaron joined us. Hopefully we'll scrape the money together for a proper deal for Lewis in the near future

I think the general consensus is that the deal to sign Coker was done some time ago probably before Aaron joined us. Hopefully we'll scrape the money together for a proper deal for Lewis in the near future
I think DC will find Aaron standing outside the office door with contract and pen in hand any time soon.