Ben Coker | Page 2 | Vital Football

Ben Coker

With DC saying players will be sold to raise money, then I can only see Bruno and the two Harry's being able to command fees of over (and maybe well over in Bruno's case) the £100k level.

Plus we always seem to sell/lose the players with the best songs...

There have also just been twitter reports of Gillingham claiming the signing of Coker...

this guy has played 200 L1 games, what is to say he isn't better than toff going forward too. could be coker playing, and toff sitting waiting... or toff playing somewhere else? or toff being £££ cashed in.

Yep could be any of those. I think we need to reduce the squad age so he'd need to be considerably better since he's touching 30. We'll see i suppose.

thought this was a /done deal/ ?
for a team short on defensive cover, about now would be a good time to unveil him. he's turning into this season's lord luque...

"Alleged" to have been working with the Lincoln physio team over the summer, so if he's gone to Gillingham then maybe we've decided he's not worth the risk to us.

Where is the link that he has gone to the Gills?

It was in a tweet in May, but the Gillingham Press person said it was fake and Coker had not joined/Was not joining them.

I think it was someone good with Photoshopping that fooled a few Gillingham fans.

It was in a tweet in May, but the Gillingham Press person said it was fake and Coker had not joined/Was not joining them.

I think it was someone good with Photoshopping that fooled a few Gillingham fans.
if he has been crocked but a decent player, we may get the lad at a decent price.
He has certainly been through the ringer with bad injuries and i hope he has finally pulled through that period and wish him a full recovery.
Current Gills fc forum saying nothing.

Last edited:
if he has beed crocked but a decent player we may get the lad at a decent price.
He has certainly been through the ringer with bad injuries and i hope he has finally pulled through that period and wish him a full recovery.
Current Gills fc forum saying nothing.

I should have said this happened in Mid May so this rumour about him signing for Gillingham may have re-appeared but from what I read in May it wasn't going to happen

I knew there used to be a rule years ago like that where if a player hadn't got fixed up by a certain date he was entitled to a further month salary from the Club he's just left but I didn't know whether it was still around or not.

The question is perhaps why other players don't do it, or more don't do it, but I suppose that might be covered in signing-on fees etc.

I knew there used to be a rule years ago like that where if a player hadn't got fixed up by a certain date he was entitled to a further month salary from the Club he's just left but I didn't know whether it was still around or not.

The question is perhaps why other players don't do it, or more don't do it, but I suppose that might be covered in signing-on fees etc.

I knew of the rule as well but couldn’t find any record of it but then remembered reading this article last summer.

I’m sure Coker and potentially the trialist centre back will be on a good wages at Southend and Brentford so maybe they cannot be Announced until 1st August.

I knew of the rule as well but couldn’t find any record of it but then remembered reading this article last summer.

I’m sure Coker and potentially the trialist centre back will be on a good wages at Southend and Brentford so maybe they cannot be Announced until 1st August.
this makes good sense, especially in coker's case, as he probably wasn't fit to play the friendlies.