Ben Coker | Page 4 | Vital Football

Ben Coker

I still stand by what I said that he's already been in the building for weeks but not announced. Then the deadline approaches and suddenly, to everyone else, DC pulls a great signing off despite having little money, which falls in line with his patient/value for money talk.

With all the ‘small squad’ talk, it will not look like great use of the budget if we sign a player that is still injured, and has no date for when he can play again...

He is a free agent, I hope we sign him when he is fit to play. Hopefully that is sooner rather than later, but the transfer deadline has no bearing on when he signs.

I suspect Danny's 'no funds' statement came long after a deal for Coker had been agreed, and I think it was made after Lewis actually signed too.

Would be very surprised if he wasn't a city player in the next week or so. Not sure what the hold up us really, or why the kidology around him signing would make any sense

I suspect Danny's 'no funds' statement came long after a deal for Coker had been agreed, and I think it was made after Lewis actually signed too.
the statement was made before lewis signed. and obviously we ran out of funds before lewis signed, otherwise we would have been paying him.

Danny's 'no funds' speech is to me more mind games than gospel. I reckon Lewis is being paid like every other member of the squad, but is part of DC's master plan to plead poverty to get some juicy loans over the line at a good price.

Just need to know his injury status now. Has he been training? Will he be ready for the EFL Trophy games? Wycombe for when we are short?