BBC & The Future | Page 3 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

The biggest problem on bias for me with the BBC is there attempt at balance is flawed. Using Brexit as an example, it was never 50/50. It was like a different camp per day where the camp was promoted, rarely challenged and just allowed 24 hours to do their thing.

So depending on when you watch you can quite easily believe they are biased one way more than the other, when it's not strictly that true.

It's simply another example of where they need to improve and do better again, and actually question and challenge rather than just promote for easy content.

I used to watch the FA cup final on BBC and I used to like their sports coverage as it was always a cut above ITV.
BBC was always my go-to news channel as I trusted them since their anti-Brexit bias and the Black Lives matter bollox, plus constantly implying anyone who is against illegal immigrants is a racist means I no longer trust them as an unbiased news channel. It's all a bit too PC liberal lefty London biased stuff for me.

I still use the BBC for my go-to sports channel, it's advert free unlike most things these days

I find Channel 4 news wipes the floor with the Beeb for news, much better presenters rather than just putting pleasant looking, middle aged Janes on the screen.

I don’t like the Beeb, seems a lot of unintentional propaganda in there to me on the world political stage especially when it comes to enemy states.

The FA cup used to be great when coverage started at 9am and you watched the whole day, I don’t know how we’ve gone backwards on that front.

I used to watch the FA cup final on BBC and I used to like their sports coverage as it was always a cut above ITV.
BBC was always my go-to news channel as I trusted them since their anti-Brexit bias and the Black Lives matter bollox, plus constantly implying anyone who is against illegal immigrants is a racist means I no longer trust them as an unbiased news channel. It's all a bit too PC liberal lefty London biased stuff for me.

I still use the BBC for my go-to sports channel, it's advert free unlike most things these days
Again, pro-Remain, pro-BLM, pro-immigration people think their biased in the opposite direction. It's almost like we're all so fragile we can't handle objectivity anymore and just want our own views repeated back to us.

Again, pro-Remain, pro-BLM, pro-immigration people think their biased in the opposite direction. It's almost like we're all so fragile we can't handle objectivity anymore and just want our own views repeated back to us.

Do you really think that? I'm shocked,

Interestingly Lord Adonis, and they dont come any more left wing than him says the BBC decision is "laughable" and he can see no justification whatsoever for having done this.
Simon Mcoy, BBC through and through also taking the piss out of the company he works for.
Even the Labour leader Kier Starmer refusing to condem the singing of any of those songs , saying it is part and parcel of a British summer.
Another bollock dropped by the BBC lefties.
Adonis is on the right if Labour so probably centrist when it comes down to it.

BUT, once more: The proposal to drop the singalong for the Proms was because, due to COVID, there will be no one to sing along to it. Not BLM, not "PC gone mad", not a liberal leftwing agenda, but because there will be nobody there to fucking sing along.

BUT, once more: The proposal to drop the singalong for the Proms was because, due to COVID, there will be no one to sing along to it. Not BLM, not "PC gone mad", not a liberal leftwing agenda, but because there will be nobody there to fucking sing along.

The problem the Beeb have here is whatshisface admitted there were already discussions owing to the climate but he wasn't clear that it was a wide discussion and just due dilligence/risk management on top of the existing issues about Covid/singing/choir.

He came over to me as an untrained fool which is ridiculous for a Director General, albeit outgoing.

If the Beeb had any leadership they would've shut the Telegraph story down immediately rather than pandering, re-reporting and then finally doing the interview where he looked and sounded like he'd had his pants down.

Andrew Neil is their best paid most high profile political journalist and he runs The Spectator. He was literally Boris Johnson's boss only recently and is currently boss of Dominic Cummings wife. He's pretty even handed on the BBC but lefty wokeness? Nonsense.

Isn’t it scary how there is about 2 degrees of separation with all these things, how closely tied they all are and how much leverage and influence they can exert on one another. It’s not really a coincidence, they are educated in similar places and end up in the same pompous clubs and social circles, but it’s all so intertwined. The link between Farage and Trump is about 3 degrees of separation

Well, they are best buds when it suits Trump and Farridge wants to remain relevant and has turned into Tommy Twathead when it comes to the channel and filming boats lately.

Smoking, beer swigging, swearing man of the people - yet people forget his own education, his background and previous jobs/associations before he decided he wanted to be self important and a massive EU hypocrite, taking their pension whilst proudly confirming he wouldn't turn up (apart from minimum days count) and do any work - yet it was the EU's fault the UK got nowt from them and it wasn't nothing to do with the fact he wasn't actually there carrying out his role as an MEP.

But he was roundly supported by the BBC and promoted and given airtime without any proper challenge. At least when they brought twathead BNP leader on to QT, they destroyed him and showed him up.

They should be doing that to everyone, whatever party, whatever side etc.

That's their job!

Last edited:
Well this is funny. I had the conversation the other day with someone who has cancelled their tv licence. All they watch is Netflix and Disney + and couldn’t waste anymore money on a product they do not use.
They cancelled the direct debit they paid and were required to fill out a form online declaring they do not watch BBC TV. Enforcement?. Who knows nowadays with the various ways to watch. Maybe people are still scared about the mysterious van that used to drive around!? I too would not miss BBC. I find it an ancient and stale product not fit for purpose alongside the modern networks. Apart from Peaky , which is on Netflix anyway, struggle to think of anything I watch. Sports I get elsewhere.

Last edited:

Incorrect. South African sopprano, Golda Shultz will sing at the event, and the singing of the anthems in question have been dropped at the request of Dalia Stasevska, after she approached the BBC due to her support for BLM, and the BBC agreed.

'
Fewer performers will be allowed on stage, which makes it harder to perform the songs with a traditional chorus.

A BBC spokesperson said: "For the avoidance of any doubt, these songs will be sung next year. We obviously share the disappointment of everyone that the Proms will have to be different but believe this is the best solution in the circumstances and look forward to their traditional return next year."

Earlier, the BBC's director general Tony Hall said he felt the move to include instrumental versions of Rule, Britannia! and Land of Hope and Glory for this year's performance was the right one.

"I think they have come to the right conclusion," he told the BBC's media editor, Amol Rajan.

"It's very, very hard in an Albert Hall that takes over 5,000 people to have the atmosphere of the Last Night of the Proms and to have things where the whole audience normally sing along - it's quite hard creatively, artistically to make that work."'

Find it so funny how those on the right think there is bias against them, boo hoo, and those on the left exactly the same, boo hoo.

I just don't see it, at all, but then, if you don't like that channels news / other programmes coverage, you just watch one that you do like don't you?!

Yes, I know we all have to pay, I'd rather not, but that is just the way it is.

I didn't see Corbyn and his cronies get an easy ride on the so called leftie biased BBC for instance. And turds (sorry! LOL) like (makes my skin crawl naming him) Farage got plenty of air time on that channel, no idea why, but he did.

The future, I'd love to not pay the license, think it is a disgrace my 81 year old dad has been told he has to pay again. I would accept adverts, and they should be able to sell their product worldwide to great £ but are very poor at doing it (apparently) ...

I don't like being forced to pay.

But it doesn't bring strong feelings or outrage like some of you (that isn't a dig!) who obviously feel far stronger about BBC

Given the option I would choose not to have the BBC. Pretty much the only thing I watch is Midlands today at 6.30 and occasionally other odd programmes. I certainly dont get £150 plus worth from it. I choose to pay for sky why cant I choose whether or not I want the BBC.

'
Fewer performers will be allowed on stage, which makes it harder to perform the songs with a traditional chorus.

A BBC spokesperson said: "For the avoidance of any doubt, these songs will be sung next year. We obviously share the disappointment of everyone that the Proms will have to be different but believe this is the best solution in the circumstances and look forward to their traditional return next year."

Earlier, the BBC's director general Tony Hall said he felt the move to include instrumental versions of Rule, Britannia! and Land of Hope and Glory for this year's performance was the right one.

"I think they have come to the right conclusion," he told the BBC's media editor, Amol Rajan.

"It's very, very hard in an Albert Hall that takes over 5,000 people to have the atmosphere of the Last Night of the Proms and to have things where the whole audience normally sing along - it's quite hard creatively, artistically to make that work."'
Strange isnt it that the BBC only make this statement following the intervention of politicians and others.
If BBC had issued this statement at the time there would have been no uproar,
but they didnt, for some considerable time.
Sounds like they backed themselves into a corner.