BBC & The Future | Page 2 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

You don't know what wages the other broadcasters pay because only BBC is legally obliged to do so.
The BBC "hounds" people for non-payment of the licence fee because that's the legal framework for their funding and if that's how the Govt has it set up what are they supposed to do? Say "it's alright lads we won't do anything if you don't pay your licence"? The private broadcasters and the Govt would absolutely LOVE for them to do that because it would end the BBC.

Well, by the BBC's own comment in keeping talent and competing with the commercial operators - the fees will be similar as will the bonuses. It's not their job to keep pace with wage inflation, it's about value, not one upmanship.

It's not about developing 3d TV software which is niche at best and pointless otherwise and all the little other ventures they get involved in for absolutely no public benefit.

Why do they physically and deliberately chase single mums, OAP's, the disabled - it's a well known tactic because they get the conviction rubber stamped with costs profit as the Court's don't do their job in absence of the easy targets NOT turning up to defend themselves.

Their own figures prove that tactic to be true.

Changing their model of business wouldn't end them and the Gov could end them overnight if they wanted to and they haven't, so short of the occasional MP who wants 5 mins of fame and talks about ending the licence fee, that isn't any more of a plan or risk today than it was 20 years ago.

Why is the BBC needed.

Because you need a sanitised try and please all broadcaster (particularly news) otherwise you end up with the polemic end US broadcasters who have to have news entertainment to get the sponsors to exist and justify news in the first place as a 'programme' - even if they have their own bias ala Fox.

The second you make news about profit, news is fucked - and that is the shining light of a public broadcaster.

The funding model *isn't their choice* and they aren't the same as the TV Licensing Authority.

The Govt *want* us to be badmouthing the BBC so why would they change the model? Under Cameron's Govt, they passed funding OAPs TV licences responsibility to the BBC and then *cut* their funding. Nice little handgrenade that, right? Cut a shit load of programmes or look poor Doris in the eye and tell her she can't have a telly anymore. Entirely calculated, and looking like it's working a charm.

But they certainly support it and they could argue against the need for the criminal element and they could end the discrimination in licence fee action.

They may all have different strands, just like their commercial arm, but it's the same holding company working together to keep themselves happy and keep the racket going instead of catching up with a changing world and making themselves relevant.

And the Gov made them hand out lucrative unnecessary contracts, bonuses, 3rd party deals ala 3d TV - spaff money up the wall on online programming only etc etc.

But they certainly support it and they could argue against the need for the criminal element and they could end the discrimination in licence fee action.

They may all have different strands, just like their commercial arm, but it's the same holding company working together to keep themselves happy and keep the racket going instead of catching up with a changing world and making themselves relevant.

And the Gov made them hand out lucrative unnecessary contracts, bonuses, 3rd party deals ala 3d TV - spaff money up the wall on online programming only etc etc.
Since the Whittingdale Review the Govt literally hand them a funding model and directly appoint a huge chunk of the BBC Board. They have the BBC in the palm of their hand.

The t
Not everyone needs free school meals. Not everyone uses the benefits system. Not everyone uses public roads to out of the way places. Some people spend their lives in and out of hospital and others barely go between being born and dropping dead. Public libraries, subsidised sports facilities, and so on.
Open University programmes, documentaries on BBC 4, Last Night of the Proms(!!!), amongst hundreds of other examples don't exist without a publicly funded BBC. Just because you hate them and boycott them or whatever, it's a pretty selfish take to want to remove that for everyone else.
The things you mention are safety nets for all of society if needed, and by and large no one minds paying, because none of us knows what is round the corner.
People in out of the way places pay tax, just like those in cities.
You cannot put the BBC in those brackets.
It is a broadcasting company that make tv and radio programmes and recieves a massive amount of money £5.2 Billion in total to do so.
And no it is not selfish.
The BBC left its founding principles behind years ago.
It is the BBC that has chosen the road it has gone down and now regularly alienates huge numbers of people in this country.
It is an organisation run almost completely by white middle class males, that advocates diversity, but has almost no non white senior managers, but sees fit to preach diversity to the rest of the country.
It is a company that until it was forced to, paid its female staff massivly less than its male staff.
It is staffed at the top by almost exclusively by metropolitan elites and it doesnt represent me.

You don't know what wages the other broadcasters pay because only BBC is legally obliged to do so.
The BBC "hounds" people for non-payment of the licence fee because that's the legal framework for their funding and if that's how the Govt has it set up what are they supposed to do? Say "it's alright lads we won't do anything if you don't pay your licence"? The private broadcasters and the Govt would absolutely LOVE for them to do that because it would end the BBC.
The BBC will end whether you like it or not, unless the system changes.
The genie is out of the bottle.
The under thirties no longer see the BBC as relevant. They get their news elsewhere, they get their entertainment elsewhere and they are not buying the licence in ever increasing numbers.
It is an anachronism from the last century, it is already in decline.
In the same way that the Berlin wall went overnight, the BBC tax will do the same if the BBC continue to stick two PC fingers up to a large section of its audience.

The t

The things you mention are safety nets for all of society if needed, and by and large no one minds paying, because none of us knows what is round the corner.
People in out of the way places pay tax, just like those in cities.
You cannot put the BBC in those brackets.
It is a broadcasting company that make tv and radio programmes and recieves a massive amount of money £5.2 Billion in total to do so.
And no it is not selfish.
The BBC left its founding principles behind years ago.
It is the BBC that has chosen the road it has gone down and now regularly alienates huge numbers of people in this country.
It is an organisation run almost completely by white middle class males, that advocates diversity, but has almost no non white senior managers, but sees fit to preach diversity to the rest of the country.
It is a company that until it was forced to, paid its female staff massivly less than its male staff.
It is staffed at the top by almost exclusively by metropolitan elites and it doesnt represent me.
Sounds like an argument for reform to me.

Because you need a sanitised try and please all broadcaster (particularly news) otherwise you end up with the polemic end US broadcasters who have to have news entertainment to get the sponsors to exist and justify news in the first place as a 'programme' - even if they have their own bias ala Fox.

The second you make news about profit, news is fucked - and that is the shining light of a public broadcaster.
I get that Mike, but the BBC in its present form will have to change hugely, and the current funding model cannot by maintained.
Its like the police in this country, it is done with the consent of the public, and the public in ever increasing numbers are pissed off with the BBC.

The notion of the BBC as a please all broadcaster is nonsense. It is a left wing woke mouthpiece for the liberal elite.

Yes mate it is, it is just that.
If the BBC made itself relevant again and stuck to the terms of its charter, or rewrote its charter to make it relevant to todays world then maybe it can save itself.
I'm sure they'd love to but as I've said elsewhere the Whittingdale Review by Cameron's government has hamstrung them by design and it will take a pro-independent scrutiny government to help undo the damage. In the meantime, I'm happy to loudly support for the BBC wherever they're trying to do the right thing but *always* as an idea. Once gone impossible to get back.

The notion of the BBC as a please all broadcaster is nonsense. It is a left wing woke mouthpiece for the liberal elite.
Is bullshit of the highest order completely disproven by looking at the amount of ex-Mail , Telegraph and Times newspaper journalists and the revolving door between BBC news and the Tory party.

Funny how loads of left wing people say the exact opposite.

I'm sure they'd love to but as I've said elsewhere the Whittingdale Review by Cameron's government has hamstrung them by design and it will take a pro-independent scrutiny government to help undo the damage. In the meantime, I'm happy to loudly support for the BBC wherever they're trying to do the right thing but *always* as an idea. Once gone impossible to get back.
In its present form if it goes I dont want it back.

Is bullshit of the highest order completely disproven by looking at the amount of ex-Mail , Telegraph and Times newspaper journalists and the revolving door between BBC news and the Tory party.

Funny how loads of left wing people say the exact opposite.
Sounds more like jobs for the boys.

it just isn't bullshit though, and is proven by the programmes like Newsnight being pulled up only last month for bias. Yesterdays last night of the proms story another example. Just because journos have worked at a so called right wing paper doesn't mean they are right wing does it? Their Brexit coverage was enough for me, totally biased for Remain, numerous discussions/ panels where leave was outnumbered 2-3 to 1.The endless reporting of bullshit time and time again. Enough I look elsewhere for my coverage, I live for the day when the license fee is a thing of the past.

I don't care much for their T.V. content , but the Radio output is superb and I would be mightily disappointed if anything happened to that.

it just isn't bullshit though, and is proven by the programmes like Newsnight being pulled up only last month for bias. Yesterdays last night of the proms story another example. Just because journos have worked at a so called right wing paper doesn't mean they are right wing does it? Their Brexit coverage was enough for me, totally biased for Remain, numerous discussions/ panels where leave was outnumbered 2-3 to 1.The endless reporting of bullshit time and time again. Enough I look elsewhere for my coverage, I live for the day when the license fee is a thing of the past.
Don't you think that a left wing person can do exactly the same? Pull out examples where they think the BBC has been biased against them? But let's go through yours:

Newsnight: No bias found but should have been clearer it was a summary of the report to follow, i.e. Cummings breaking the law.

The Proms: What? No singalong this year because of no audience. Gasp.

Andrew Neil is their best paid most high profile political journalist and he runs The Spectator. He was literally Boris Johnson's boss only recently and is currently boss of Dominic Cummings wife. He's pretty even handed on the BBC but lefty wokeness? Nonsense.

The BBC platformed Farage for more than a decade when he wasn't an MP, just to spout about the EU. Nick Robinson, Chief Political Journalist for Radio 4 actually referred multiple times to "Remoaners". Plenty of unchallenged falsehoods from Nigel Lawson and the rest for years about Europe.

I don't like any of the above but I understand that no one gets it all their own way because that's balanced programming.

Don't you think that a left wing person can do exactly the same? Pull out examples where they think the BBC has been biased against them? But let's go through yours:

Newsnight: No bias found but should have been clearer it was a summary of the report to follow, i.e. Cummings breaking the law.

The Proms: What? No singalong this year because of no audience. Gasp.

Andrew Neil is their best paid most high profile political journalist and he runs The Spectator. He was literally Boris Johnson's boss only recently and is currently boss of Dominic Cummings wife. He's pretty even handed on the BBC but lefty wokeness? Nonsense.

The BBC platformed Farage for more than a decade when he wasn't an MP, just to spout about the EU. Nick Robinson, Chief Political Journalist for Radio 4 actually referred multiple times to "Remoaners". Plenty of unchallenged falsehoods from Nigel Lawson and the rest for years about Europe.

I don't like any of the above but I understand that no one gets it all their own way be
cause that's balanced programming.
Interestingly Lord Adonis, and they dont come any more left wing than him says the BBC decision is "laughable" and he can see no justification whatsoever for having done this.
Simon Mcoy, BBC through and through also taking the piss out of the company he works for.
Even the Labour leader Kier Starmer refusing to condem the singing of any of those songs , saying it is part and parcel of a British summer.
Another bollock dropped by the BBC lefties.