BBC & The Future | Page 4 | Vital Football

BBC & The Future

Eh? Of course the proposal was made public before everyone went bananas. How else the fuck would people know about the change? You're criticising them for not responding to a hysterical reaction *before it's happened*?

This is getting silly now. Admit it: you've been had.

Eh? Of course the proposal was made public before everyone went bananas. How else the fuck would people know about the change? You're criticising them for not responding to a hysterical reaction *before it's happened*?

This is getting silly now. Admit it: you've been had.
No sorry not me, or anyone else.
The statement re next year was not made public at the same time as the original statement which surfaced sometime back.
Think its you thats been had.

Yes I have previously read that.
Could you just point out the bit where it says about singing the songs next year.
The headline is "BBC Proms 2020: Line-up will be flexible to adapt to the pandemic".

What do you think that means about the differences they mention in the article?

The headline is "BBC Proms 2020: Line-up will be flexible to adapt to the pandemic".

What do you think that means about the differences they mention in the article?
I will tell you what it doesnt mean.
That we will carry one singing the songs next year.
Anyway Platypus, I dont think we will find much common ground on this one.

I will tell you what it doesnt mean.
That we will carry one singing the songs next year.
Anyway Platypus, I dont think we will find much common ground on this one.
I'm really sorry, but if you are arguing that that headline and article describes anything other than an extraordinary year's programme due specifically to COVID then I'm leaning towards you just don't want to admit you're wrong.

So yeah, we best leave it there.

I'm really sorry, but if you are arguing that that headline and article describes anything other than an extraordinary year's programme due specifically to COVID then I'm leaning towards you just don't want to admit you're wrong.

So yeah, we best leave it there.
No im not wrong, but yes leave it there.

Probably the wrong time to admit I quite like watching Newsnight I guess!

*runs for cover*

Probably the wrong time to admit I quite like watching Newsnight I guess!

*runs for cover*
Newsnight has been very good of late. Lewis Goodall gets a ton of hate from government supporters but it's not his fault they're a bag of shite.
Andrew "hippy woke lefty" Neil is still one of the best interviewers going, which is exactly why Johnson hid from him before the GE.
Panorama has done some amazing episodes and even done damning investigations of other BBC programmes. No other broadcaster would EVER do that but the BBC.

On a different tip, if you've not already watched Once Upon a Time in Iraq, then I absolutely recommend it. Some of the best documentary making I've seen in ages.

That is something we can agree on.
Andrew Neil is fantastic, takes no shit from left or right.
It is a great pity they saw fit to take his show from prime time tv.

You think Andrew Neil was a leftie? Genuine question, I've always felt not.

I do really miss This Week, thought it was mostly excellent, although the Xmas specials used to make me wince ! LOL

You think Andrew Neil was a leftie? Genuine question, I've always felt not.

I do really miss This Week, thought it was mostly excellent, although the Xmas specials used to make me wince ! LOL
Was that question to me. If it was, no I dont, he was a Thatcherite back in the day when editor of the Sunday Times.
Great interviewer, inquisitor though.

Was that question to me. If it was, no I dont, he was a Thatcherite back in the day when editor of the Sunday Times.
Great interviewer, inquisitor though.

I like Andrew Marr better he seems to take the piss out of all comers equally and I like that little Nissan Figaro he has