Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 7 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

Hi Norfolk
Just had notification that the killers at the keepmoat in May has been postponed until May 2022, no surprise there. Presume yours will be the same....hopefully third time lucky for you 🤞

Thank you for that (y)

Yes I assume I'll get an update in due course ... better late than never I guess. Our Echo & the Bunnymen gig at the UEA is now Feb 22' as well.

Despite the cheesiness, I would have loved to have seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Sadly no longer possible.

Cheesy!? I'm coming to fight you over that one, mate! :grinning:
Haha, sorry! I just always think of the backing singers on American Girl singing "make it last all night" that makes me think oooh that's cheesy! On the whole perhaps not so representative.

Haha, sorry! I just always think of the backing singers on American Girl singing "make it last all night" that makes me think oooh that's cheesy! On the whole perhaps not so representative.

It's a good track. It's a completely obvious choice, but "Refugee" is probably my favourite by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Such a big riff and he knows how to do the loud/quiet thing so well in that song. Excellent lead guitar work, as well.

He played Isle of Wight a few years back, not long before he died so prematurely. Walked out to a massive cheer and ovation and was, apparently, genuinely surprised and taken aback by the ecstatic reaction of the crowd.

I never saw him, either. I did see Bruce Springsteen and, now at least, would happily trade that gig for Tom Petty.

It's a good track. It's a completely obvious choice, but "Refugee" is probably my favourite by Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers. Such a big riff and he knows how to do the loud/quiet thing so well in that song. Excellent lead guitar work, as well.

He played Isle of Wight a few years back, not long before he died so prematurely. Walked out to a massive cheer and ovation and was, apparently, genuinely surprised and taken aback by the ecstatic reaction of the crowd.

I never saw him, either. I did see Bruce Springsteen and, now at least, would happily trade that gig for Tom Petty.
That is a good one, and there are lots of others! He did plenty of good solo music too.

He seems like one who would obviously appeal to Americans and you'd think less so over here, but you hear his songs all over the place and realise he's better known than you think! I know of him from his tapes in my mum's car as a kid - she was accidentally sent one through some music-through-the-post service way back, enjoyed it, and got more but intentionally this time!

Ah I bet! Bruce never appealed to me. Wish I'd seen Tom when I could. Sadly not to be now.

Despite the cheesiness, I would have loved to have seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. Sadly no longer possible.

I have seen three Wilburys. But not Tom nor sadly my huge hero, George.
Of those I have seen, Dylan was dreadful, appalling, utter crap.
Orbison was amazing. Jeff Lynne too. Superb.

I have seen three Wilburys. But not Tom nor sadly my huge hero, George.
Of those I have seen, Dylan was dreadful, appalling, utter crap.
Orbison was amazing. Jeff Lynne too. Superb.
I guess two out of three isn't bad! Shame about old Bob. Nearly went to see him about 12 years ago but couldn't justify the cost at the time. I bet Roy was cracking to see live.

I was going to get Mrs N. and I tickets to see ELO a couple of years ago until I discoveted they were something like £120. Each.

I was going to get Mrs N. and I tickets to see ELO a couple of years ago until I discoveted they were something like £120. Each.
Probably the same gig as I looked, and the same reason I didnt go. Prices are nuts for big gigs.

Birmingham NEC, I think it was. So they would probably have been tiny dots in the distance, anyway.

Went to Glasgow Hydro for ELO.
About £70. Most we've ever paid for a concert but it certainly was best of a lifetime.

Saw Orbison alive when I was young with my parents. Really lovely concert. Roy has to be the best male singer of all time