Bands You Wish You had seen... | Page 8 | Vital Football

Bands You Wish You had seen...

Were they worth it?

£40 at Rock City. My, how times have changed.

I'm a big fan, so yes they were. £40 is very expensive for Rock City, but to be fair they could have played a much bigger, much more soulless stadium and made more cash so in this case I didn't begrudge it.

Were they worth it?

£40 at Rock City. My, how times have changed.

But you're right, times have changed. I was there when the lead singer of The Wildhearts, who were supporting Izzy Stradlin, had a rant that Izzy had charged £8 when everyone else charged £6. I think they were thrown off the tour the next day!

But you're right, times have changed. I was there when the lead singer of The Wildhearts, who were supporting Izzy Stradlin, had a rant that Izzy had charged £8 when everyone else charged £6. I think they were thrown off the tour the next day!

Probably not too wise to slag off the headliners. 😁

Mrs S has been listening to the radio and just came out with a comment that there are no modern groups/bands (a la Stones, Beatles, ELO, Fleetwood Mac) they're just singers. I suggested Joe Bonamassa, but she was talking of the younger generation. Have to say I can't think of any, but then I'm hardly an aficionado of modern music

Now, I do wish I'd seen GnR at Rock City in the late 80s. A mate was offered a free-ticket but turned it down.

There's a new topic - most you've paid to see a gig. For me, £90 for Fleetwood Mac in 2009.

I bought a ticket to see blink 182 at a sold out Brixton after seeing them at a larger venue.. off eBay for a over inflated price of £125 .. the gig got cancelled and I only got refunded the initial value.. I think about £40 😬 that will serve me for encouraging touts.

Now, I do wish I'd seen GnR at Rock City in the late 80s. A mate was offered a free-ticket but turned it down.

Yeah.that would have been great. I saw them (well, Axl and his backing group) in the early noughties which was good but no comparison to the classic lineup.

Yeah.that would have been great. I saw them (well, Axl and his backing group) in the early noughties which was good but no comparison to the classic lineup.

And early in their career when the hunger was still there before rock-n-roll bloated excess set in.

I think my mate said he had to paint a radiator. 🤣

I think CCR are still also going in some form, with a slightly different name (and only a few of the original members.). Coincidentally I watched a documentary about the original group yesterday.

I've done half-decent covers of "Bad Moon Rising" and "Have You Ever Seen The Rain" in my time.

Good ones to try if you're learning guitar. 😉

I bought a ticket to see blink 182 at a sold out Brixton after seeing them at a larger venue.. off eBay for a over inflated price of £125 .. the gig got cancelled and I only got refunded the initial value.. I think about £40 😬 that will serve me for encouraging touts.
Ouch, definitely a lesson to learn there!