Ban on the Black Country dialect | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ban on the Black Country dialect

ClivetheVillan - 16/11/2013 18:35

Trekker - 16/11/2013 18:26

Lot of reverse snobbery going on.
Cmon Trek i ain't been funny with you i joke about poshy's same as loads take the piss out of my accent but if anybody wants to be pissed off with me i amseriously had enough of this thread tbh i have explained evrything clear if anybody wants to make out im being ''funny'' snider or anything like that be my guest i can't get my point across anymore i have tried oh well end of thread for me finally :14:

P.S If anybody on here thinks that all kids in my area write and read english as we speak and mean then you ain't got a clue about the Black Country im afraid, for one i dunno how my great uncle became a Navy Officer high ranking of ships fleet then, or my dads uncles who were bomb experts that sailed a boat over to Holland and blew up friggerts in WW2 and have a monument in there honour for there bravery etc seriously if you think we are all writing ''cor'' and ''wor'' in classrooms your mistaken that is all! :2:

I don't hate anyone! (NB that excludes Piers Morgan , Maradona , Adrian Chiles )
You are missing the point totally.
Who has said you can't speak the way you want? No one.

ClivetheVillan - 16/11/2013 18:52

Im gonna be honest anyway at job interviews i have always put on a posher accent anyway specially the jobs i got paid the most i ever did for lol the one where i serviced portable air con units in Oldbury and installed them in offices banks etc was £12,000 per year one of my highest ever salries that is apart from take home £237 for just picking company cars up for Lloyds car finance at a garage and they got serviced but i always put a bit of an act on i didn't go in and say ''Alright our kid, yam offering a job ay ya, gis a job wul ya are need one like'' lool
Yow still gooing at it me mon anyway I think Fear is blocking the use of Black Country dialect on here now when I was trying to spell gooing it kept changing to going bloody snob.

Im gonna be honest i ain't got the head for this anymore time for some co-codimal and a cup of hot chocolate yesterday was enough not getting into this again tbh have a good night fellow Villans!

ClivetheVillan - 16/11/2013 19:06

Im gonna be honest i ain't got the head for this anymore time for some co-codimal and a cup of hot chocolate yesterday was enough not getting into this again tbh have a good night fellow Villans!
Tramadol and a couple of vodka's is far better.

gator - 16/11/2013 19:08

Wished are could our kid, head has been pounding on and off for ages specially this week i get em good days and bad like us all, its the bloody straining reading things but when i drink it ain't good i found on pain killers saturday night no beer ffs ay :3:

See ya laters alligators in a while crcadile wise words i was once learned!

ClivetheVillan - 16/11/2013 19:21

Wished are could our kid, head has been pounding on and off for ages specially this week i get em good days and bad like us all, its the bloody straining reading things but when i drink it ain't good i found on pain killers saturday night no beer ffs ay :3:
Iv'e been on tramadol ever since my accident don't stop me drinking a couple times a week though alcohol is a fine pain killer lol

gator - 16/11/2013 19:26

Iv'e been on tramadol ever since my accident don't stop me drinking a couple times a week though alcohol is a fine pain killer lol

Just realised Tremadol is a pain killer you mean :19: i thought it was a drink you had ffs man, i will take a look out for this Tremadol, been on Co-Codimal for 10 years everyday since seems like they only last for about 1 hour sometimes 2 if im lucky thesedays, but can you buy this tremadol over the counter or is it like a really strong one,

ClivetheVillan - 16/11/2013 19:30

gator - 16/11/2013 19:26

Just realised Tremadol is a pain killer you mean :19: i thought it was a drink you had ffs man, i will take a look out for this Tremadol, been on Co-Codimal for 10 years everyday since seems like they only last for about 1 hour sometimes 2 if im lucky thesedays, but can you buy this tremadol over the counter or is it like a really strong one,
Prescription only mate they are morphine based bloody good though I feel like a new man even though I lost a big chunk of my leg.

Feeling like crap our kid catch you laters feeling like crap :3: have a good night dudes

I'm ok I get about ok get a bit of pain and irritation mainly itching all the time but that's the drugs just missing work more than anything else tbh especially as the lads I used to work with are doing so well but hey ho I still have my life and my leg.Didn't realise your eye problem was so serious hope everything goes well for you buddy.

Before i have my operations our kid i will have a beer with you before a game at VP yam alright our kid whilst i got one eye with a specialst contact lense on you got one leg we will be like see no evil hear no evil, have a good night gatir man :7:

Before i have my operations our kid i will have a beer with you before a game at VP yam alright our kid whilst i got one eye with a specialst contact lense on you got one leg we will be like see no evil hear no evil, have a good night gatir man :7:

I will be down next Friday I think and not going back till Tuesday obviously after the match so I might pop through see ya later buddy.

I've just read the last 4 pages of this thread and I could do with a tramadol and co codamol cocktail washed down with oozo I think!

James06 - 18/11/2013 09:24

I've just read the last 4 pages of this thread and I could do with a tramadol and co codamol cocktail washed down with oozo I think!

And a day off to recover too :17:

This is all a bit ridiculous imo. I went to Primary and Secondary school in Wednesbury, staunch Black Country. Obviously everyone spoke with a Black Country accent, some more 'common' sounding and broader than others. However I never once heard of a single person writing words the way they said them. I've never once wrote a word in Black Country dialect and it never even entered my head to do so, it's just common sense. Whenever I went for a job interview or I was in a more formal situation I would tone down the dialect, again it's just common sense you don't talk the same or use the same language or dialect in an interview that you would with your mates in the pub.

When I was first with my girlfriend she thought my accent was quite broad, but when she went over to Wednesbury to meet my parents and to later meet my mates she was shocked at how much broader everyone else was compared to me. Now she thinks i'm quite well spoken compared to my mates and the people in the pubs over there. I haven't made an effort to change it, I've just never really used terms like 'cor' or 'wor' too often. I probably used them more when I was at school but as i've got older i've stopped doing it.