Auld Whiskey Nose Retires | Page 2 | Vital Football

Auld Whiskey Nose Retires

I can but pray that they wait for 'Pards'. His arrogance will go hand in hand with Manchester United fans from down south.

Officemonkey - 8/5/2013 21:52

I can but pray that they wait for 'Pards'. His arrogance will go hand in hand with Manchester United fans from down south.

I'm sure during one of the 15 interviews that he will conduct over the next couple of days he will move to "distance" himself from the job, as the reigning manager of the year he would surely be in the mix :59:

we're going to need a sick bucket by our side for all the arse kissing we'll be forced to listen to from every corner of the football fraternity and media over the next three months

st-pedros-basin - 8/5/2013 11:34

we're going to need a sick bucket by our side for all the arse kissing we'll be forced to listen to from every corner of the football fraternity and media over the next three months

imagine how bad it will be when he kicks the bucket.

Without doubt one of the great football managers, the polar opposite of the piece of shit occupying the managers office at St James' park. Now it's time to sit back and watch Manure implode.

st-pedros-basin - 8/5/2013 11:34

You should see the Eurosport app. It has about 10 articles already just basically rehashing the same crap.

Great manager yes, ****** for sure, but is this needed? No.

First Thatcher dies then fergie retires. Somewhere there is a scouser with a lamp and 1 wish left.

Agree Pedro remember watching a documentary about Busby and how after he retired he would often pop down to the ground to see what was going on, think it was Farrelly who was the manager and basically he had players telling him that Busby didn't want them to do x or y, think Moyes will be in a similar situation.

I think Moyes deserves his chance at a big club, but this one is just too big for anyone. Let alone a manager with little European experience. He'll be expected to win every game. As soon as he's not in the top four he'll be treated like shite
fuck all this "Fergie was a great manager" bollocks. This is what every fan of any other club have been waiting for. The end of an empire

Well said Pedro, the king is dead long live the king,this is the best news I have heard In a long time,it will be great watching them implode now.

CockneyMagic - 8/5/2013 13:02

Well said Pedro, the king is dead long live the king,this is the best news I have heard In a long time,it will be great watching them implode now.

Aren't they planning a day of mourning in London? a memorial? give him keys to the City?
I know China are declaring today as a national holiday

Time for them to enjoy a little spell in the doldrums, then watch their overseas fan base evaporate. Ferguson had something of an aura about him, that's gone, hopefully teams will be less afraid of them now and really go at them, because they don't like that.

They should go for Jurgen Klopp but I think they will go for someone with PL experience

Hopefully we can make Pardew available

Wonder how the ManU fans would buy his bullshit

They are mad to go for Moyes, very good manager but no way he will win leagues. It's almost as if Moyes is better with a tight budget. Then of course you have the most fickle fans in world football on your back every week. Wonder if the ones calling for Fergies head are happy about this, and if they will give the new manager time. Doubt it

Moyes is in a comfort zone at everton, the fans expectations are challenging for europe, they're realistic enough to know that due to financial constraints they aren't gonna win titles. Managing man u is completely different you are expected to win (or come in the top 2) season after season. If Moyes takes that job he could be committing career suicide. That said it's more likely we can foist pardew onto everton that it is we can foist him onto manure

As I said, only the successor of the successor will stand any chance. Rememeber when they had those two seasons of finishing 3rd. They nearly went into meltdown. Fuck knows what'll happen if they start staring at a mid table finish.

I thought Martin O'neil was the expected successor. Or was that Bruce? Hughes? Robson? McClaren?
Moyes just falls into this falls into this category for me. media darling for achieving mediocracy with a tin pot club

Bruce68 - 8/5/2013 12:48

Agree Pedro remember watching a documentary about Busby and how after he retired he would often pop down to the ground to see what was going on, think it was Farrelly who was the manager and basically he had players telling him that Busby didn't want them to do x or y, think Moyes will be in a similar situation.
Alf Ramsey did it at Ipswich when Wor Jackie took over as manager.