Auld Whiskey Nose Retires | Vital Football

Auld Whiskey Nose Retires

There was talk about Moyes spending a year as his understudy - maybe him or Mourinho as outright manager there now.

I have to say though - well done Fergie - I wish it had been with us.

Moyes has been quitting Everton at end of season for some while - I think it will be Moyes. I wonder what effect this will have on Man U's Summer recruitment? Tough act to follow - an almost impossible job. Moyes next season, they sack him because he only wins the PL by 5 points and then in steps Mourinho.

Think mourinho to PSG is a shoe in, couple of years there, comes back to Manyoo when they are in the championship to revive their fortunes.

If only Carlsberg did football dreams....

I'm not sure I'll be able to stand the Ferguson wankathon all summer. It'll be worth it in teh long run though, because whoever initially succeeds him will fail. Regardless.
It took them 26 years to shake the ghost of Busby

I wonder is the master tactician Pardew sitting preening himself in front of a mirror waiting for a call from Old Trafford .

The only manager capable of steadying the inevitable transition would be Mourinho. Simply because he's good enough to bring them a couple of trophies, but even he wont fill Fergusons boots so he'll be hounded out.
The idea of Moyes is a romantic notion, but he's won nothing, has no experience of champions league football, dealing with mega stars or coping with magnitude of expectation. He wouldn't last 5 minutes.
it'll be the successor of the successor who will have more of an opportunity, but all in all the club has become an institution of Fergie.
All in all. This is brilliant news

mark301171 - 8/5/2013 10:31

wonder how long the glory boys will hang about
when the trophies stop rolling in

It'll be quite funny to watch as there's a whole SKY generation who don't know any different. fans now in their mid twenties who just assume they win the league every other year.
Imagine them having to wait another 26 years to win it, picking up the odd FA cup. It will be like the end of the world for them