Attending Games Next Season | Page 10 | Vital Football

Attending Games Next Season

Not sure him many 4k away crowds there will be but let's say 12 thats 432k over a season with higher prices plus what would be spent in stadium

So now a crystal ball is being used to make claims about WAFC's ticketing policy, how do you know what the club has decided, how do you not know we haven't signed up to Reading's proposal but Preston haven't and see our visit to Deepdale as a big game with category A prices.
I'm basing it on what we're charging Preston and working out the difference in earnings its really not that difficult. We've decided against Reading's proposal for the Preston game clearly. Doesn't matter if both clubs did or we did it's 29 quid. No crystal ball needed. Simple calculator and speculation on a forum designed for discussion. Didnt really warrant your patronising reply.

So now a crystal ball is being used to make claims about WAFC's ticketing policy, how do you know what the club has decided, how do you not know we haven't signed up to Reading's proposal but Preston haven't and see our visit to Deepdale as a big game with category A prices.

Check Reading's website and you will see unfortunately Wigan are not currently listed.

Thank you to Cardiff City, Blackburn Rovers and Huddersfield Town for their support!

We are hopeful that more clubs will make a similar commitment in the coming weeks...

If it makes us money over a season I'm all for it because I won't be paying match day price as I got my first season ticket.
I'm sure prices for Reading Rotherham and so on will be less to attract more in both ends.
If it affects away prices for me I won't complain and I'll pay. If its 29 at Deepdale I'll pay that and have a great day out. Costs 50 odd in transport minimum anyway and I want to be part of the away end enjoy getting the chance to go almost full time.

As a club wigan offer excellent value and made it easy to spread cost as well so I'll get to more games

Check Reading's website and you will see unfortunately Wigan are not currently listed.

Thank you to Cardiff City, Blackburn Rovers and Huddersfield Town for their support!

We are hopeful that more clubs will make a similar commitment in the coming weeks...

It's a bit of a gamble for us to agree to the £20 limit.
A club like us who's not the best supported will want to make as much as possible through ticket sales.
Do we take the risk of charging more and attract less away fans or charge less to attract more?
Obviously more away fans attending will spend more on the concourse and in the North Stand bar.
But will Latics share of that profit outweigh the lost revenue from dearer tickets?

the agreement was between Reading and the other clubs, so agreeing to a £20 cap only means the away fans of both clubs benefit for those two fixtures.

No reason why there cant be an arrangement for £20 for the Reading games (which will probably affect 500 visiting fans) and then sting Preston, Burnley & Blackburn's visiting 5K for £30 each. But bear in mind they will probably charge £30 for those wishing to take in the reverse fixture.

It is nothing to do with the reading initiative though is it, he was using any possible agreement with Reading as a reason for charging Preston fans £29, perhaps it wouldn't be that if Preston asked us to enter into a reciprocal cheaper ticket agreement.
In case you hadn't noticed NO prices for Reading home or away have been announced one way or another.

It is getting boring if not alarming on here now the negative comments and posts about the club and administative management.

Haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but firstly, I presume not all games will be £29, just highest category matches. For context, I've tried to see from other clubs, what we're likely to be charged when we go to their grounds, so I'm not saying club are right or wrong with £29 matchday tickets.

So, from what I could see based on their home matchday prices, Blackpool, Blackburn, PNE and Stoke are all likely to be £30 (or close to it) for us. Stoke's prices may be £32-£33 but Burnley it looks like we could be charged anywhere between £30-£40.

Not accurate prices, as it was hard to gauge information yet, but just a sample of what may come and how we (might) compare to others in the league

So why then do we not go the whole hog and increase season tickets to say £30-00 a match and pay on the day tickets to £50-00 a match. We would get far fewer on but the premium price would give us a bigger turnover.
This seems to be the attitude being taken re the ridiculous price of £29-00 a ticket.

So why then do we not go the whole hog and increase season tickets to say £30-00 a match and pay on the day tickets to £50-00 a match. We would get far fewer on but the premium price would give us a bigger turnover.
This seems to be the attitude being taken re the ridiculous price of £29-00 a ticket.
What a weird response. ST prices are already set ... at a price that makes them appealing. Why on earth would the club raise the effective price per game for a ST? That would be daft.

As for the pay on the day price ... if the club think that £29 is the going rate, again, why on earth would they charge £50?

I should qualify that the cost of my ST makes the "per game" price around £13. That's absolutely superb from the club.As I said previously ... I wonder how many others are in a similar (admittedly, maybe very fortunate) situation.

What a weird response. ST prices are already set ... at a price that makes them appealing. Why on earth would the club raise the effective price per game for a ST? That would be daft.

As for the pay on the day price ... if the club think that £29 is the going rate, again, why on earth would they charge £50?

I should qualify that the cost of my ST makes the "per game" price around £13. That's absolutely superb from the club.As I said previously ... I wonder how many others are in a similar (admittedly, maybe very fortunate) situation.

I thought that exactly the same, us charging £50, feck me, t'internet in Wigan would internally combust or something. Just on tickets and nothing to do with any Championship club, anyone else see the story about Fulham charging between £35-£70 (yes SEVENTY of the Queen's English pound) for U'17's and between £65-£100 for adults for their Liverpool game....I know it's Prem, but bloody hell, game's gone mad

If people think £29 is dear for a Cat 1 match in the Championship i'm afraid they are in for one hell of a surprise!!

Reactions: GSM
If people think £29 is dear for a Cat 1 match in the Championship i'm afraid they are in for one hell of a surprise!!

Think that's generally going to be the case, we do look likely to only pay £20 for Coventry, as they seem to be doing same as Blackburn who have made their midweek games £20 for home fans. Presume both clubs will charge the away fans £20 as well (or thereabouts)

I'll raise you - charge £5k per season ticket and £200 pay on day. We wouldn't need many supporters to hit our budget! 😉

My season ticket for ES4 was 296.64 so say 12.90 a game which is fantastic value for 23 league games.

The club has also offered 2 free tickets for friends again and a cup game so if you divide across 26 tickets its 11.41 a game.

It's my first season ticket so let's say it goes between 25 - 29 quid a game I'd maybe get 10 or 11 tickets for the same money as the season ticket.

We definetly focused on home fans paying for the full season with affordable tickets and inflating prices for games the away end will be full.
I’m sure mine was £230 ish 12/13 season and that was the prem Think youselfs lucky I’m £640 this season but can’t wait for the new season it’s shocking that the Wigan public can’t support the club .

Said previously our away game at Reading is our last away of the season. I suspect Reading will be a direct rival this season and it’s not beyond the realm of possibility to think it could be a relegation decider. Personally I think it’s a no brainer to take them up on this offer. I suspect we’ll only be charging them 25 quid in any case so the ‘loss’ of say 2 and a half to five grand or so for our home fixture in September is negligible in my opinion. Club need to look at the bigger picture on this one.

As for £29 - I’m sick of us getting fleeced on away tickets whilst away supporters are charged a far lower sum. No issue with the price fir away fans. The problem lies with charging home fans the same price as it doesn’t encourage the floaters. The solution would be to shut the South so that’s no longer an issue as west/east prices could then be reasonably priced - in fact we could put away prices up even more then. It’s a tricky balancing act I accept.