Attending Games Next Season | Page 8 | Vital Football

Attending Games Next Season

I know it's only one supporter but but 9 lads at work have bought season tickets for next season . And four in pub that I know .non have had a ticket since prem so macke of that what you will .but the is definitely interest .........

Can you answer something for me that can nip these arguments in the bud, are you a WAFC fan, do you have a season ticket, do you go to home games and perhaps away, and where do you sit in the ground.

Don't you read the posts on here? I'll answer those questions, NO,NO,NO,NO, He doesn't well not for tics games anyway.

He goes to the DW Stadium to watch Worriers, he used to be a Latics fan but turned his back on us for Sunderland, if you can find out the reason why he deserted us for that lot you'd be a good un.

Regarding crowds and involving the rugby for a second and this comes from someone with no axe to grind ( me ) I have noticed the catastrophic loss of numbers at rugby in general but Wigan in particular. Wigan rugby fans are particular fickle in whether they attend or not depending on likelihood of chances of winning.....I went to Edinburgh in the early 2000s to watch the cup final with heavy favourites Saints. It was fuckin embarrassing to say the least. Thousands and thousands of Saints fans ( over 20,000 apparently ) and about 5,000 Wigan. I loss count of the number of times I was asked " where the fuck are your lot ? "...... home games versus saints as well regularly got over 20k...lucky to get 12k now with 4k saints.

I love Wigan rugby but its dying on its arse.

I see about 7k have been sold for Spurs which is probably at that level because the majority think a win is guaranteed but at one time 40k at Wembley was no problem.

Said before it’s a generational thing. The old generation is dying out and they can’t attract the new. The new are interested in football and we are picking up a fair of those up, though still losing some in the town to their armchair to watch liverpool, United on the tv. These young lads and lasses are loving it, particularly the away days which is something rugby can’t replicate. They are beholden to Sky which in turn means they shoot themselves in the foot as there is no consistency to when fixtures are played and playing Thursday/Friday nights won’t attract this new generation. I’ve no doubt we’ll continue to grow whilst the rugby will decline and stagnate. Happy days.

Don't you read the posts on here? I'll answer those questions, NO,NO,NO,NO, He doesn't well not for tics games anyway.

He goes to the DW Stadium to watch Worriers, he used to be a Latics fan but turned his back on us for Sunderland, if you can find out the reason why he deserted us for that lot you'd be a good un.

Those are accusations thrown at him by bickymon, saying he is that mutty piss taker off CL, I am giving him the chance to tell us all he is not that person as others on here are trying to defend his presence.

I am not holding my breath he will give me the confidence to think he is not who bicky says, then I can ask why are those defending him doing so.

As I said, I welcome with open arms any new supporter and do not give a damn about where they have previously been or who they supported, but I will also defend this board from any interloper taking the piss.

Muttywhite dog ‘explained himself’ on the Cockney Latic board some years ago in that he was originally from the North East, confirming his support for Sunderland , but that after being in the forces (RAF I think ?) he met a girl from the Wigan area and settled here….her family were Rugby supporters hence his affiliation with them….now assuming the above was all ‘genuine’ …and my recollection broadly accurate …..then as far as I can recall he never was a Latics supporter, lapsed or otherwise nor did he pretend to be so.

LMB, given I presume I'd be right in assuming you think I'm one of "those who are defending him", can I just point out that I simply called out the abuse directed at PE, and pointed out that I hadn't seen anything he'd posted which was offensive in this thread.

Given your point about "taking the piss", I've just cast a very brief glance over some of PE's posts going back to the start of the year, and I must admit, I'm struggling to find anything that comes close to that. In fact, in a number of posts, PE refers to "us" and "we" when talking about Latics.

I'll say what I did in an earlier post, ... I've no idea if PE is or isn't Mutty, but as far as I can see, none of his posts on here seem to be taking the piss ... even if sometimes, they may disagree with the most blue-eyed of posters.

then as far as I can recall he never was a Latics supporter, lapsed or otherwise nor did he pretend to be so.

He was a Latics supporter Zeb, Jason Taylor over on CL knows him personally, he used to go home and away games regularly.

I remember a few years ago i had a pop at him over on CL Jason asked me what my problem was with him, to quote Jason 'he's a nice lad when you get to know him he was at Peterborough with us the other night. (Latics had a game with Posh on a Tuesday night)

Anyway that's me done going on about that Judas he's had enough attention on here has it is.

The figure i quoted of 10300 home fans for this season was from a report on newsnow
That stated our average was up on the three other times we won the league one tital,the previous one being roughly 9500

800 increase!! We can afford to turn them away at the gates.

The way I see it anyone who brings revenue into the lub is worthy of encouragement, especially as they have the potential of buying replica kits, scarfs, caps etc.

One thing that needs to continue to improve is our merchandise range. It really has come on leaps and bounds this last 12 months but there is still room for improvement. I've been booking my challenge cup tickets in Robin Park and even though the sport is on its arse with dwindling Gates the range of tackle is huge ( and I don't mean XXXL ). I know we have a free cap but they have about 10 different caps on sale along with numerous car stickers etc.

Some of those biggest rugby shirts would have fitted about 3 tics in, with space and the fabric used would float a medium sized family car if shaped like a parachute.